Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
Ryan2018 -

Drives: 2018
Do u have 17 and up blower they don’t get hot like the older ones
Ryan2018 - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:37 AM   #16
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2018 - View Post
Do u have 17 and up blower they don’t get hot like the older ones
You information is not correct. Quote from the engineer - We had to raise the lid to make room for the angle we put on the intercooler brick,This angle helped with air flow to the rear cylinders.

The intercooler brick is the exact same size as the 2015-2016 corvette,there was no change to the cooling.

Hope this helps clarify.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I see 130s on a hard pull but not driving around or sitting.. and then after the pull it goes down to around ambient.. A lot of that temp has to do with the IAT in the fender and actual air ingested as well especially sitting it goes up some but, it should improve driving. If it doesn't you got problems. I have been doing some street pulls with Patric of Vararam testing his new intakes.. When I get lower IATs coming from the air box my blower temps are lower, my knock retard 0, total timing started at 16 now its up to 19.x .. the mafs reading low 800s vs high 900s.. i kinda thought all the air intake gains were BS because the cut box with hi flow filter and proper angle of the MAF yielded better results than the rotofab, and the carbon CAI but making the pulls with the vararam prototype is proving it.. Data doesn't lie and since I own the 2 biggest CAI systems its easy to go back n forth to compare on the street not on a dyno machine with fans and raised hoods.

If you have all the air out of the blower coolant system and the correct values for your IAT sensor then who knows what.. maybe you relocate the IAT sensor..

You didn't mess with any of the plastic pieces around the fans or the strip across the top of the radiator did ya?

How's the spacing on the exchanger and AC condenser.. On my 5th gen that was twin turbo I had to mess with spacing so my car wouldn't over heat with AC on.. it also made my heat exchanger less efficient from the heat of the AC condenser.

ADM, Do you do anything special in programing or use a different sensor.. or do you install the blower and go from there?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #18
STReddy1999

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sorry for reopening this thread two months after it died, but I'm curious of all the parts you used for the conversion. I am looking at buying ryan2018's ZL1 blower which as he states comes with the heat exchanger, throttle body, lower pulley and belt, coolant reservoir, air intake and inlet hose. I'm assuming it isn't sold as he hasn't updated his thread to reflect that. What additional components will I need for the conversion? So far I have gathered that I will need cylinder head adapters, an intercooler, intercooler fluid pump, and the pcv oil separation system. Is this all or am I missing some, or a lot, of the additional necessary components for this conversion? Thank you.
STReddy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #19
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STReddy1999 View Post
Sorry for reopening this thread two months after it died, but I'm curious of all the parts you used for the conversion. I am looking at buying ryan2018's ZL1 blower which as he states comes with the heat exchanger, throttle body, lower pulley and belt, coolant reservoir, air intake and inlet hose. I'm assuming it isn't sold as he hasn't updated his thread to reflect that. What additional components will I need for the conversion? So far I have gathered that I will need cylinder head adapters, an intercooler, intercooler fluid pump, and the pcv oil separation system. Is this all or am I missing some, or a lot, of the additional necessary components for this conversion? Thank you.
Not sure all the parts exactly, but don't forget about sensors...unless they are included with the blower.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #20
CompleteStreet

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Looks awesome!
CompleteStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #21
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Razor, were you ever able to log your IAT? Still trying to get data for the LT4 swap on the LT1. I see a lot of ZL1 folks showing IAT2 around ambient when cruising, but when talking with ADM, Weapon X and my tuner they all say blower temps under 100 are near impossible on this blower...even temps close to 100 are a stretch. If you have logs showing your temps would you mind posting? On yours it would be the IAT1 which reads IAT2 after moving its location to the TMAP.

EDF, have you logged IAT2 on your ride? If not could you log and post?
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #22
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
Razor, were you ever able to log your IAT? Still trying to get data for the LT4 swap on the LT1. I see a lot of ZL1 folks showing IAT2 around ambient when cruising, but when talking with ADM, Weapon X and my tuner they all say blower temps under 100 are near impossible on this blower...even temps close to 100 are a stretch. If you have logs showing your temps would you mind posting? On yours it would be the IAT1 which reads IAT2 after moving its location to the TMAP.

EDF, have you logged IAT2 on your ride? If not could you log and post?
When cruising on the freeway, my temps were routinely ten to fifteen above ambient with the lt4 blower. Around town with lots of stop and go, it would be 30-35 above ambient.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #23
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I'll get the info next time I'm with vararam testing

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote