Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
Jrmolina2006

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1 (Bone Stock)
Unhappy ZL1 Build-Horror Story! IDK WHAT TO DO! Help!

pLEASE

Last edited by Jrmolina2006; 02-28-2019 at 12:51 PM. Reason: PLEASE DELETE THREAD
Old 02-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
As far as I know, ZL1’s aren’t prone to lifter failure. Only the L99 is because of the AFM lifters I believe.
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
Old 02-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Jrmolina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
As far as I know, ZL1’s aren’t prone to lifter failure. Only the L99 is because of the AFM lifters I believe.
thanks bro its been a headache trying to get thru this, Im thinking of just cutting my losses and picking up the car. Its going to be pricy tho for something i never got to enjoy.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmolina2006 View Post
thanks bro its been a headache trying to get thru this, Im thinking of just cutting my losses and picking up the car. Its going to be pricy tho for something i never got to enjoy.

Yeah that’s rough. I hate hearing stories like this but unfortunately they’re all too common. It might be worth at least meeting with a lawyer and discussing how everything would work so you have an idea of what that would cost and what the benefits might be. Hopefully you can get this sorted out, sorry to hear about this.
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
Old 02-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #5
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Sounds to me like he oil starved it on start up and it chewed itself up. it either sucked air from the pinched o ring or he let the oil drain while changing the pump out and didn't make sure the block was primed before proceeding. Either way it sounds like negligence and I would go after them if they wont make it right.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #6
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
If I was in your situation, i would be speaking to my attorney, like yesterday. I've never filed suit against anyone, but it's nice to have a good attorney look at everything and help determine what options that you have to chose from. Good luck with everything. Nightmare is not an overstatement of your situation.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
Old 02-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #7
Jrmolina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
If I was in your situation, i would be speaking to my attorney, like yesterday. I've never filed suit against anyone, but it's nice to have a good attorney look at everything and help determine what options that you have to chose from. Good luck with everything. Nightmare is not an overstatement of your situation.
man bro i been calling and calling attorneys and alot of them dont handle these types of situations, im trying see if anyone can guide me to the right attorney

Old 02-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Wow, that's awful. I don't know if I'd let them touch the car anymore - sounds like they really don't know what they are up to. I would ask them to pay for a pull out LSA with 20k miles or less, a new camshaft, oil pump, and any other part you bought they destroyed. I wouldn't pay them a cent. Let them know you're gonna have a new shop start over and do it right, and they can have the LSA they destroyed once it's pulled and you're back up and running.

I'm sure they aren't going to like that, and probably will not just simply agree to it. I would let them know you're gonna bring in a lawyer and drag them into small claims court. I'd also let them know that you're gonna drag their name through the mud so many times to so many people that they can kiss their livelihood goodbye.

Make sure you save and document every communication you've ever had with them, every e-mail, text, phone call, etc. The fact that he texted you the detail about starting the car and running it with an oil pressure problem may really help you on a legal front if they want to take it that far.

Unfortunately, these situations don't often turn out real well. You'll have to figure out what you're really out and make some decision on what's worth fighting over. A nice low miles LSA shortblock isn't gonna be cheap. Not to mention what you're gonna have to pay to have it installed. And then you have to undo whatever parts of your cooling and hx system they haven't handled correctly. And the body repair. I think you're easily into a five figure number there - definitely something I'd fight over, and get a lawyer involved on.

Sorry to hear it man - make sure you post up details about this trash shop if they don't decide to make it right.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmolina2006 View Post
man bro i been calling and calling attorneys and alot of them dont handle these types of situations, im trying see if anyone can guide me to the right attorney
Basically you need a good products and services lawyer; preferably one that specializes in bad car repairs. Google 'defective car repair attorney' for your area, this should get you in the ball park. Good Luck
Old 02-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #10
Jrmolina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Basically you need a good products and services lawyer; preferably one that specializes in bad car repairs. Google 'defective car repair attorney' for your area, this should get you in the ball park. Good Luck
Thanks bro

Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
Jrmolina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Wow, that's awful. I don't know if I'd let them touch the car anymore - sounds like they really don't know what they are up to. I would ask them to pay for a pull out LSA with 20k miles or less, a new camshaft, oil pump, and any other part you bought they destroyed. I wouldn't pay them a cent. Let them know you're gonna have a new shop start over and do it right, and they can have the LSA they destroyed once it's pulled and you're back up and running.

I'm sure they aren't going to like that, and probably will not just simply agree to it. I would let them know you're gonna bring in a lawyer and drag them into small claims court. I'd also let them know that you're gonna drag their name through the mud so many times to so many people that they can kiss their livelihood goodbye.

Make sure you save and document every communication you've ever had with them, every e-mail, text, phone call, etc. The fact that he texted you the detail about starting the car and running it with an oil pressure problem may really help you on a legal front if they want to take it that far.

Unfortunately, these situations don't often turn out real well. You'll have to figure out what you're really out and make some decision on what's worth fighting over. A nice low miles LSA shortblock isn't gonna be cheap. Not to mention what you're gonna have to pay to have it installed. And then you have to undo whatever parts of your cooling and hx system they haven't handled correctly. And the body repair. I think you're easily into a five figure number there - definitely something I'd fight over, and get a lawyer involved on.

Sorry to hear it man - make sure you post up details about this trash shop if they don't decide to make it right.
yeah thats the reason i havent posted the name of the shop yet..... lets see what they want to do .

Old 02-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #12
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Sucks to hear! Hopefully they make it right. If not....

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libra...liability.html
Old 02-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #13
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Also, FWIW...

"Claims against mechanics and auto repair shops are typically brought in small claims court. In Texas, a suit to recover an amount under $10,000 may be brought in small claims court. Given the fact that most vehicles cost less than $20,000, most repair jobs are less than this amount. However, if your claim for damages is greater than $10,000, you may be entitled to bring a claim for damages outside the small claims court."
Old 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #14
Jrmolina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
Also, FWIW...

"Claims against mechanics and auto repair shops are typically brought in small claims court. In Texas, a suit to recover an amount under $10,000 may be brought in small claims court. Given the fact that most vehicles cost less than $20,000, most repair jobs are less than this amount. However, if your claim for damages is greater than $10,000, you may be entitled to bring a claim for damages outside the small claims court."
awesome thank you for all the information

Closed Thread

Tags
bearing, broken, help me please, lsa, zl1