Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
KC Member with Tuner to tune out DoD

I'm in KC (Olathe) and am looking for a fellow Forum member with HP tuners (or equal tuner device capable) who can help me tune out AFM/DoD on our 2010 L99 project car...

Local shop wanted $150 for prolly less than 15 minutes of work (paperwork would take longer than the tuner to toggle it off)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by bub; 01-07-2019 at 09:49 AM.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
HP Tuners credits aren't free, I think the Camaro requires 2. If the shop doesn't have an unlimited license, they would have to buy the credits.

Would a SCT X4 suit your needs? It can turn off the DoD and more, there's usually a few available in the for sale forum.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Yes, any tuner would work. Just considering buying HP tuners for myself, but agree, any decent tuner device with access to the DoD/AFM settings should work.

Last edited by bub; 01-07-2019 at 09:51 AM.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Yes, any tuner would work. Just considering buying HP tuners for myself, but agree, any decent tuner device with access to the DoD/AFM settings should work.
We sell HPtuners devices as well as SCT devices, they are both the same price when you factor in licensing.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Thank you

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
Atradees

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Diablosport T2 Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
I'm in KC (Olathe) and am looking for a fellow Forum member with HP tuners (or equal tuner device capable) who can help me tune out AFM/DoD on our 2010 L99 project car...

Local shop wanted $150 for prolly less than 15 minutes of work (paperwork would take longer than the tuner to toggle it off)

Any help would be appreciated.
On the Diablosport T2 Ex the canned tunes have customization options. One option is to turn of DOD/AFM. I also turned off the Speed Limiter. For the tranny I selected Hard Shift, I installed the 91 Octane Tune. My 2012 SS is like a new car and there is no more exhaust drone caused by the AFM or lugging out for that matter. With my 90 dollar and not 350 dollar CAI, the tune high Octane tune, Im guessing I am around 355 hp. Im not pay for a dyno...........lightiing money on fire. Later I may have Diablolew do a custom tune which emails to you based upon your Diablo readings. Heard those are great.
Atradees is offline   Reply With Quote