Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Ordered my 2018 ‘Vert!!!

Today I ordered my 2018 Camaro Convertible from my local dealer in NorCal.

Many, many thanks to this Forum and its members for all the info, knowledge, and experience!

So, here’s what I’m getting:

2018 2SS ‘Vert, Mosaic Black Metallic w/ black top, Kalahari interior, kalahari knee pads
MyLink with Navigation
A8
MRC
NPP
Ground Effects package
6-piston Brembos
Black front/rear bow ties

Going to try and get it close to a “1LE” convertible, so I will be adding wheels with 285/305 tires. Right now I’m really leaning towards the MRR FS01’s in Gloss Gunmetal with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. (Recommendations on where to get these as a package would be greatly appreciated.)

After break-in, will likely be talking with Pray Performance about some “enhanced” factory parts...

ALSO... Thinking CQuartz Finest Reserve. Any ideas on what that costs for the Convertible? I’m in CA.

Again, THANK YOU to the Forum and the members.

It’s going to be a LOOOONG couple of months.
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Congrats! Work on the "hunny do list" in the mean time to help distract yourself. Then that way you will be free sailing for all the mods you'll want to purchase too...
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Can't wait to see pics. I have a MBM hood insert and just love the way the flake on it and the other trim pops in the sun.

Get a good installer to put as much self-healing PPF as you can afford on the car. Save the ceramic coat for the wheels & use the rest of your budget on film.

Below is a pic from this weekend's wash. I have Reload on Gtechniq EXO, on top of Gtrechniq Crystal Serum Black, on top of Suntek Ultra film. If I was to do it again, I would spend another $1k to film the entire car, skip the CSB and use only the EXO and Reload.

The piece of mind I get from not worrying about swirls is worth every cent. If I had a black car it would drive me nuts not to have film on the entire car.
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Thanks for their advice on the paint protection.

There is an XPEL ultimate installer very close to me. My hope it it won’t be to $$$ to do it right, especially since there isn’t a roof/rear pillars to do!

Will post pics as soon as I have the car.

Sarasota! My “first” set of in-laws lived there. Used to go a couple times a year. Loved it. Daiquiri Deck on Siesta Key, The Sand Dollar on Anna Maria Island, Jack’s downtown... Almost moved there.
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote