Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2023, 07:48 PM   #1
Itethai

Drives: ‘23 SS M6 vert
Front splitter

Question for those who might know. I ordered my ‘23 SS with an added front splitter. I was surprised when I picked it up from the dealership that it wasn’t installed at the factory. The dealership said they’re looking into an eta as to when it should arrive. It’s been over two weeks now and nothing. Am I being impatient or being yanked around by the dealer. Thanks
Itethai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 08:12 PM   #2
wang970305

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itethai View Post
Question for those who might know. I ordered my ‘23 SS with an added front splitter. I was surprised when I picked it up from the dealership that it wasn’t installed at the factory. The dealership said they’re looking into an eta as to when it should arrive. It’s been over two weeks now and nothing. Am I being impatient or being yanked around by the dealer. Thanks
I bought one from EOS but it should be identical, tbh it takes about 5mins and ,Abe another 10 mins for cleaning prior to that. It’s just simple bolt on
wang970305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 09:14 PM   #3
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
I ordered the 1LE style splitter for mine and it was dealer installed. There may be constraints or shortages right now, but last fall there was no issue getting it.
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:05 PM   #4
wang970305

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wang970305 View Post
I bought one from EOS but it should be identical, tbh it takes about 5mins and ,Abe another 10 mins for cleaning prior to that. It’s just simple bolt on
These holes basically match up the bolts underneath the front bumper, simple af

https://extremeonlinestore.com/produ...RoCXtwQAvD_BwE
wang970305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:12 AM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I ordered an OEM GM front splitter from ACS the other day and it took 4 days to ship to me. Not back ordered or anything.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:38 AM   #6
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Walk into the dealers parts dept., ask for the cost and eta for the splitter you’re looking for. If they give you an immediate answer on an eta, head on over to your sales dept. and ask what’s the hold up? I know the part is available, I just asked the parts dept.

I don’t think you’re being impatient, I think the dealer isn’t doing their job (and it’s a simple one, install what’s ordered, and don’t leave you hanging when you ask a question).
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:00 AM   #7
rst08tierney
Account Suspended

Drives: '23 2SS Rapid Blue
dealer installed where they damage it during transport
rst08tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:40 AM   #8
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Most additional addons such as the body kit components are installed when the car goes through the PDI process before it's delivered. That's also if the parts are available when the car is delivered, if the parts are not available when the car gets delivered then there is a waiting game.

It does not hurt to ask your sales rep to see if they can help get you an update on the situation. They should be able to get with the parts department and find out if there is a hold on the parts.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 04-11-2023, 12:39 PM   #9
Itethai

Thanks for the replies thus far. I think my salesman has no clue since I’ve been asking him for an eta since I took delivery of the car. I like the parts department idea, I think I’ll do that.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:04 AM   #10
Slip3Kid

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS
When I got my allocation on 3/23 that part was on constraint and I had to remove it from my order.
Slip3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:25 PM   #11
Itethai

Apparently the splitter is on back order, according to the parts department. No telling if and when it would get here. Going to bypass my salesman and ask a sales manager or gm (general manager) for a refund of the part.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:32 PM   #12
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
When I got my 2SS, I had to come back 1-2 weeks after delivery when the splitter arrived for install (two years ago or so now). Install was perfect, dealer did a great job with it.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:21 AM   #13
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I ordered an OEM GM front splitter from ACS the other day and it took 4 days to ship to me. Not back ordered or anything.
+1 for ACS... great vendor to deal with. Quality does not come cheap.
Old 04-18-2023, 11:56 AM   #14
oldguy0130

Drives: 2021 2SS red-line Camaro
I had a similar situation. When I picked up the car the part was not on it. The dealer filled out a "WE OWE" slip. There is a guy assigned to that. I had to keep bugging him to find out when it came in.
oldguy0130 is offline   Reply With Quote