Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #211
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Hi all! Did a search of "fbodfather" on this site and just read thru the entire thread.

I've been retired for over three years, so I have not been in product planning meetings since before my retirement. So -- I may be as clueless as some of you.........but I do know this: Up until recently, all vehicle lines at GM were working two generations out because of EPA CAFE standards --

Now -- I've communicated with Al O. and he's very well thought-of by Barra and Reuss and company --

As to the future of Camaro? An educated guess is to "keep the faith" -- just as I told you starting in 2002.............
1st post in almost a year. Are you back?
Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #212
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
never can tell.gen 8 might be an all electric camaro with insane performance numbers that costs a couple of bucks a day to charge.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #213
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
never can tell.gen 8 might be an all electric camaro with insane performance numbers that costs a couple of bucks a day to charge.

If you spend the money and wire up for 220. Problem is people in the north forgot the heaters for the batteries run 24/7 during the winter months and I have combine that with remote starts to hear the car up in the morning 110 just won't cut it and most people don't have a 220 line to charge there car up.

Battery technically is not there yet. Electric cars are horrible ideas. It's only good if you live in a place with chargers all over and even then charging tech is just not there. When I drove from Georgia to Michigan I stop for 10 min and top off the tank. With an electric car assuming I could find a charger I'll be sitting there for 45 min.

Still a few years out before electric cars become a viable option for the general population. And then that's when electric car tax's hit to offset the loss of income to states on the gas tax.

I'm all for the hybrid Camaro if they do it right. Combine the two why the infrastructure is built. Just wait for the lines at charging stations also when people are no longer sitting there for 5-10min buy 45min +.

Battery and charging technically is not there. And until there some advancements in the area I wont even look at a ev.

And the Camaro is a normal car. Not a car you only drive in the summer. I know people who daily there Camaros in Michigan, Washington etc. This is a large number of the owners. So going to an all electric will hurt sales when people start to realize how limited electric cars really are.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #214
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Hi all! Did a search of "fbodfather" on this site and just read thru the entire thread.

I've been retired for over three years, so I have not been in product planning meetings since before my retirement. So -- I may be as clueless as some of you.........but I do know this: Up until recently, all vehicle lines at GM were working two generations out because of EPA CAFE standards --

Now -- I've communicated with Al O. and he's very well thought-of by Barra and Reuss and company --

As to the future of Camaro? An educated guess is to "keep the faith" -- just as I told you starting in 2002.............
i believe

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #215
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
Quote:

When you say you've communicated with Al O., is that since he was reassigned from his role as Camaro chief engineer?
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #216
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Let’s hope this out of touch corporate 1% er brings all his marketing skills and foresight to the electric car division.
It will be closed in a decade and we can forget about electric cars from General motors.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #217
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:

Are you coming to CamaroFest 9?
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #218
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublucamaro View Post
Are you coming to CamaroFest 9?
Not this year. He is alternating every other year between his Cousins dealership event.

Maybe we will move our dates next year and we can all do both.