Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2021, 07:15 PM   #43
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I had my name changed. I PMed Tran (admin).

My gen5 was a ZL1 so that was in my name. Tran changed my name within an hour of asking
Thanks for the heads up, just did not seem possible from my end.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #44
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
You gotta be kidding, top speed? Anyone that has that desire can just tune out the speed limiter and Who cares? how many roll races go beyond 155 mph
Bye bye warranty. If you're OK buying a car that is capable of 180, but limited to significantly less that's fine with me. Save a few grand on the price, then pay it right back for a tune AND lose your warranty.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:15 PM   #45
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Bye bye warranty. If you're OK buying a car that is capable of 180, but limited to significantly less that's fine with me. Save a few grand on the price, then pay it right back for a tune AND lose your warranty.
Like I said, who cares, 155 mph or 180 , then leave it alone and keep the warranty. For me, I tuned out the awful afm, tuned in E85, tuned in the fans earlier, put in a 180 stat, speed limiter turned off to dyno the car. Car is tuned conservatively for repeated, reliable WOT passes. Going to enjoy the car and not worry about the warranty. I watch and listen to the car daily and service it myself.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:42 PM   #46
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Like I said, who cares, 155 mph or 180 , then leave it alone and keep the warranty. For me, I tuned out the awful afm, tuned in E85, tuned in the fans earlier, put in a 180 stat, speed limiter turned off to dyno the car. Car is tuned conservatively for repeated, reliable WOT passes. Going to enjoy the car and not worry about the warranty. I watch and listen to the car daily and service it myself.
Some people think faster in a sports car is a good thing. I trust a factory tune a whole lot more than aftermarket. I like having a warranty too. Didn’t have to worry about AFM as I bought a manual. No interest in E85. Not worried about when fans cut in or any of that. Driving a 1LE things staying cool is not an issue. Yeah it cost a few grand more, but from my perspective the price difference was insignificant.

The good news is we both got what we wanted.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:19 PM   #47
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
You have a super awesome v8 that is a clean slate for you to mod to your liking. And to be honest, the LT1 now has a GM splitter available to makes it look pretty good.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...ocker-package/
True story.

seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #48
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
To the OP: Another way to think about your "problem" is think about it from a practical point of view ask yourself how you intend to use your Camaro. I'm a really practical person and realize the way my brain works is not like most people's and that for many buying a muscle or sports car is more of an emotional purchase. With that disclaimer in mind......

If you intend to take your Camaro to a road coarse track, then owning an SS, 1LE, ZL1 etc may be more satisfying given the added performance parts (for the twisties) and coolers. However, if your intention is to use your Camaro on public roads or a drag strip, then the LT1 should be plenty to have fun and put a smile on your face on a regular basis. I think the SS and 1LE variant (what I own) is quite a bit more car than anyone can really use on the street. There's just no-where you can safety beat on car on a public road where all those extra performance goodies for the twisties can be used to benefit over the LT1.

And if you have to have the SS for the the aesthetics (or interior options), then you're going to pay quite a bit more than an LT1 to obtain that benefit.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:13 PM   #49
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
With the savings, especially if you buy a stripped down LT1 you can do a lot with it such as throwing a super charger on it.

Here is an LT1 with bolt ons

CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:13 PM   #50
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Less stuff to eventually go wrong on the LT1. I wanted cloth because summers on black leather can be brutal.

Cheaper tires if you don't go wider.

You have a more classic, stripped down style muscle car vibe.

You're still rocking a v8 camaro.

You lack the ridiculous wing the SS models have, and can now add your own.
This comment is obtuse. You don’t see the SS guys piling on by slamming the LT1’s in any way (former SS guy here btw). Try to do better! You may surprise yourself by offending less and achieving more.

To the OP: Drive, appreciate, and love that car. As others have said, life is short. When the time is right your next choice will make itself available. Don’t cheat yourself from enjoying this one at this time.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:43 PM   #51
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
My 1st 6 gen my ex bought under my recommendation. Was base SS1. I have the same FE3 spec suspension. Only thing missing is NPP exhaust. I specifically didnt want that and wanted N10.

I just leased a 21’ LT1. RS package, 3.0 8” tech package. All I wanted. Likely will buy, seeing what ICE vs Electric goes.

The car is notable improvement I’d say, in part to tech, and especially the A10 over A8.

The compelling part was the price difference. I cant see a 8k difference in the two cars. My car is actually nicer because of the tech. Also the climate controls little updated too, if I remember right.

Im not sure all the riff riff of selling and finding new SS is worth it. Time debt vs Time asset. They also seem to be really limited.

I’m in love with my car. Half of the vibe is knowing I have zero fluff on it. Pure discrete muscle car. I do sort of miss track mode, woke the car up more than I remember current.

I lose the exhaust get little diet and proper note all good here.

Enjoy either way man : )
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:22 PM   #52
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
My 1st 6 gen my ex bought under my recommendation. Was base SS1. I have the same FE3 spec suspension. Only thing missing is NPP exhaust. I specifically didnt want that and wanted N10.

I just leased a 21’ LT1. RS package, 3.0 8” tech package. All I wanted. Likely will buy, seeing what ICE vs Electric goes.

The car is notable improvement I’d say, in part to tech, and especially the A10 over A8.

The compelling part was the price difference. I cant see a 8k difference in the two cars. My car is actually nicer because of the tech. Also the climate controls little updated too, if I remember right.

Im not sure all the riff riff of selling and finding new SS is worth it. Time debt vs Time asset. They also seem to be really limited.

I’m in love with my car. Half of the vibe is knowing I have zero fluff on it. Pure discrete muscle car. I do sort of miss track mode, woke the car up more than I remember current.

I lose the exhaust get little diet and proper note all good here.

Enjoy either way man : )

I would have bought an LT1 too last Sept if there was actually one around me AND it was stripper except for an automatic transmission. Only thing I wanted.

The rare times a dealer DOES have an LT1 car it's loaded up and cost more than the 1SS and just maybe 3-4 grand cheaper than a 2ss.

The dealership I really dislike up the road finally got an LT1 a couple months ago. The MSRP on the car was 43 grand due to all the options thrown onto it. Totally stupid.

So I ended up with a 2016 2ss with only 16k miles on it! $31,200 and it's loaded up nicely.

I think it's silly to pile on the LT1 when they're the same car, less features. It would be like owning a Mustang GT premium and making fun of the Deluxe model.

The only think I pile on is the stupid dealers for loading the LT1 up and also Chevy not promoting it enough.

IF they made more LT1s and more of the lower end models they'd compete a lot better with the Mustang. When Ford started pushing the base model Mustang 6 years ago they sold a lot of them. You can find a lot of used ones too.

I always noticed down here the rare times the dealers have the SS and LT1 in stock they're always loaded up $$$$$ and they sit on the lot for long periods of time.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:27 PM   #53
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
To the OP: Another way to think about your "problem" is think about it from a practical point of view ask yourself how you intend to use your Camaro. I'm a really practical person and realize the way my brain works is not like most people's and that for many buying a muscle or sports car is more of an emotional purchase. With that disclaimer in mind......

If you intend to take your Camaro to a road coarse track, then owning an SS, 1LE, ZL1 etc may be more satisfying given the added performance parts (for the twisties) and coolers. However, if your intention is to use your Camaro on public roads or a drag strip, then the LT1 should be plenty to have fun and put a smile on your face on a regular basis. I think the SS and 1LE variant (what I own) is quite a bit more car than anyone can really use on the street. There's just no-where you can safety beat on car on a public road where all those extra performance goodies for the twisties can be used to benefit over the LT1.

And if you have to have the SS for the the aesthetics (or interior options), then you're going to pay quite a bit more than an LT1 to obtain that benefit.
You're absolutely right. I'll never hit a track, and do 99% street driving (with fun of course), and 1% drag racing at the strip.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:28 PM   #54
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
This comment is obtuse. You don’t see the SS guys piling on by slamming the LT1’s in any way (former SS guy here btw). Try to do better! You may surprise yourself by offending less and achieving more.

To the OP: Drive, appreciate, and love that car. As others have said, life is short. When the time is right your next choice will make itself available. Don’t cheat yourself from enjoying this one at this time.
You are right, well said brother.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:44 PM   #55
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
I got my car 5 months ago. it still puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

If your not happy, might consider selling and take the financial hit. Especially if you financed and didn’t get a good loan.

If you are gonna sell, I agree with others. Hold off until economy crashes and wait for a GREAT deal. Just need to be real patient. That’s what I would do if I wanted another car.
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:18 AM   #56
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
You are overthinking this. Take a deep breath, remind yourself of just how much of a 1st World ‘problem’ this is, and simply enjoy the car for what it is. It’s a great driving car on an excellent chassis.

As far as the money goes, it’s just money in the end. It will be replaced in the future. Nothing to concern yourself with there. You paid what the market adjustment is right now. It’s no big deal. Others are also paying this market adjustment too, for all makes and models.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote