Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
1000whp on stock high pressure fuel system?

Looking at this video, it appears he got about 900whp prior to installing a better low pressure fuel pump and 1000+whp after it.

What's curious is that all he has is a cam with a larger fuel lob and a low side pump. How are others only limited to 650ish whp on stock fueling with the stock charger? I get the SC has more parasitic loss, but damn...

Am I missing something?

Thoughts?
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
Boosted4life

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Built engine. Most likely lower compression built for big boost so it will make slightly more power on pump gas than a stock higher compression engine.
Boosted4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
No meth?

Impressive numbers. Seems like I made it to 700rwhp (mustang dyno) on e85 with low side upgrades, lt4 pump and injectors and a 32% lobe. It was running out of fuel. I guess I could see that number on a dynojet with a stick, is that car a stick? Seems like it would be octane limited.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
No meth?

Impressive numbers. Seems like I made it to 700rwhp (mustang dyno) on e85 with low side upgrades, lt4 pump and injectors and a 32% lobe. It was running out of fuel. I guess I could see that number on a dynojet with a stick, is that car a stick? Seems like it would be octane limited.
It's running a TSP/LME 416 with a Hellion Turbo kit, it's a COMPLETELY different ballgame than a stock engine/stock blower setup...And no it's an A10 car.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #5
Woodchip

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS /SS IBM M6/2018 ZL1
I think he also gains 40-50 HP running twin turbos.
Woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #6
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
It's running a TSP/LME 416 with a Hellion Turbo kit, it's a COMPLETELY different ballgame than a stock engine/stock blower setup...And no it's an A10 car.
GuitarmageddonZL1's ZL1 is an A10
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:57 AM   #7
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Holy $#!t that's a lot of torque!

I'm curious to see how many runs at Cecil Nick will get in that A10 at 897 ft-lbs. It's rated at 900 but there aren't a lot of folks running at the limit.

His AFR gets close to 14 at the top end when he runs out of fuel ... CSP is pushing it bigtime for that last 50 hp.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #8
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
I think he also gains 40-50 HP running twin turbos.
Closer to ~100-120+ rwhp at higher boost levels.

I hope they are not driving that car with the fuel demands that close to the edge. A turbo car with a load on the engine consumes more fuel than it does on a dyno. Add that with some cool air and you have the possibility of a high load, lean condition...

Last edited by Rlhay2; 09-07-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #9
parish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I am running turbos and a built motor but stock cubes. The bigger motor won’t be any easier to fuel than stock cubes. We talking about fueling here right?

I see a ton of people leave meth off of their mod list and then see big numbers on pump gas. I still wonder if he is running meth.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
It helps that its is a built engine somewhat but, last time I checked the newer built engines are running 10.5 :1 which is still high considering the old days of 8:1 or 9:1 for a blown motor. I've argued this point before and been shot down on DI motors that they aren't like LS motors that one power adder isn't going to make more than another... I think this helps prove my point PSI means nothing its how much air you can move and a turbo(s) moves more air than a blower also there is no power loss with a turbo like there is running belt driven blower.. I had a blower on my last 5th gen and then a twin turbo agp kit it.. I ran both setups with the same cam a BTR stage 3 blower cam, Both cars had the same fuel system, Livernois dual pump, ADM FPCM, and Boosta pump, Both ran on 93 only.. My blower ran 15 to 16 psi and made 643 rwhp I sold that kit and installed the AGP EFR ceramic ball bearing kit system.. I made 765 aqt 8 to 9 psi.. this is all on 93 with crappy ID850 half the boost and 100 something more hp with the wrong cam..

This proves my point that moving more air efficiently there is no 1 hp # a fuel system is good for..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 09-07-2018 at 09:16 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #11
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
^ I agree with this
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #12
parish8

Yeah. There is no doubt a properly sized turbo will go farther on a given fuel system or even engine component.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #13
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
GuitarmageddonZL1's ZL1 is an A10
That's what I said. The person I quoted said "Is this car a Stick?"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I am running turbos and a built motor but stock cubes. The bigger motor won’t be any easier to fuel than stock cubes. We talking about fueling here right?

I see a ton of people leave meth off of their mod list and then see big numbers on pump gas. I still wonder if he is running meth.
Yeah we're talking about fuel and no you did not specify what your power setup was other than 700 rwhp on E and running out of fuel with your fuel upgrades at that. Your "Drives" says 2017 SS and then your signature lists a pretty extensive build thread which I did not think to follow since this was in the ZL1 section and I assumed you had a stock blower ZL1 which would make PERFECT sense as they just about tap out at 700 RWHP with those mods on FULL E, not a mix. So kind of a misunderstanding on both of our parts. Nick does not have Meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
It helps that its is a built engine somewhat but, last time I checked the newer built engines are running 10.5 :1 which is still high considering the old days of 8:1 or 9:1 for a blown motor. I've argued this point before and been shot down on DI motors that they aren't like LS motors that one power adder isn't going to make more than another... I think this helps prove my point PSI means nothing its how much air you can move and a turbo(s) moves more air than a blower also there is no power loss with a turbo like there is running belt driven blower.. I had a blower on my last 5th gen and then a twin turbo agp kit it.. I ran both setups with the same cam a BTR stage 3 blower cam, Both cars had the same fuel system, Livernois dual pump, ADM FPCM, and Boosta pump, Both ran on 93 only.. My blower ran 15 to 16 psi and made 643 rwhp I sold that kit and installed the AGP EFR ceramic ball bearing kit system.. I made 765 aqt 8 to 9 psi.. this is all on 93 with crappy ID850 half the boost and 100 something more hp with the wrong cam..

This proves my point that moving more air efficiently there is no 1 hp # a fuel system is good for..
Actually, I'm not so sure this proves your point at all...

You could frequently be found saying "The max the ZL1/LT4 can make is right at 6xx RWHP because of fuel on stock cam" (I believe you said 620-630) - to which I posted many vids/builds in response of ZL1s making in excess of 650-700 RWHP on bolt ons/no fuel mods/no cam, to which you kept stressing that the system was tapped out on FUEL so that's why it couldn't make anymore power, then you built yours and made over your original assumptions of the LT4s limits with just a pulley/headers/intake setup, now you're saying if you switch to turbos you could make some 350-400 RWHP more than what you said it was capable of just because of a low side/fuel lobe/built engine which you mentioned yourself shouldn't make it much easier...So in short, you were one of the original guys I saw that thought they could put a RWHP number on the fuel limits, and it doesn't work that way, and now that's what you're saying was your point all along...

If this does prove your point, then you've changed what that point is. Like I said, you were one of the few that would actually put a number on fuel limitations, lol...

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 09-07-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #14
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
As much as I really don’t like that dude’s click-bait video style, I’ve watched some of his stuff. I’m pretty sure he does not run meth. I think people are underestimating the parasitic draw of a blower spun hard, along with how much extra fuel E85 requires. I am a little surprised those numbers aren’t on some kind of race fuel for octane, but fuel supply wise, I’m not totally shocked.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote