Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
aviator48570

Drives: '16 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, MN6
My Dream Car

2015 was easily the worst year of my life. It started in May, when a girl I had previously dated a few years ago was killed in a car accident, barely in her upper 20s. A good friend of mine lost his family and was kicked out of the air force after 6 months in jail for what normally is a traffic ticket in the civilian world. My Uncle committed suicide. And the love of my life stopped talking to me after 6 months of telling me she loved me, followed by announcing a serious relationship with someone else only 3 weeks later, which was 5 weeks before I deployed to Kuwait flying AC-130s.

This journey has caused me to seriously take a step back. Recage. Regroup. My road has been filled with potholes, blind corners, glare in the early morning sun while heading east down a long straight road. How do I maintain control of a vehicle on a winding road that I can't see where it's going?

You don't. I believe Carrie Underwood sang a song about that....

Before she decided to cheat on me, my girlfriend and I had decided very early on that we wanted to keep God at the center of our relationship, regardless of the challenges and tribulations. Even though what she did was less than Godly, I remain committed to keeping God at the center of my life. He's the creator of this road of life, and is the only one who knows where it's heading. He also knows the drivers in the cars around me. Their story. Their destination. It doesn't matter what's in the rear view mirror anymore, I'm not going that direction. All that matters is the road ahead.

It was this divine analogy of a road trip that I was given when I dropped off my dog in Florida with my folks in December, just 1 month before I deployed. The serenity. The analogy between life and this road. The fact God is over it all, keenly aware of all things. Somehow, regrouping after a failed relationship had brought me closer to God, but also closer to the road. Focusing on the important things meant focusing on things that were important to me. (Duh). I began getting into cars. Around the same time MT announced the COTY, I was in the middle of a breakup. But it was that COTY, the 2016 Chevy Camaro, that would carry me through the pain of the next several months.

Deciding to factory order a new Camaro wasn't too difficult. It had to be a new order, it had to be done right the first time. I wanted to look at my future muscle car, and know that it had my name on it since it's inception. And it came with everything I would ever want in a muscle car.

The deployment was spent in hell...war. but there were some bright spots. Watching YouTube videos of other car reviewers rave about the 6th gen and it's stylish interior, reading columns of the camaro lineup and it's heritage, and daydreaming of the day I'd get to sit down in my new car for the first time were the 5 minute highlights of my 24 hour days at war. These innocent and exciting reminders of an incredible Mark of American ingenuity would help mask the pain of failed relationships, deaths in the family, uncertainty of my future, and stress of killing people in war.

Finally, I came home. Less than a week after I landed on American soil, my dealership let me know my Red Hot 2SS was enroute from Sante Fe to Lubbock for delivery. I raced to the dealership, and almost lost it when I was given the chance to see my baby for the first time. It didn't matter that it wasn't washed, or that none of the LPO options had been installed yet. There would be time for that later. Right now, a dream was coming true.

Almost all the emotions from the past year filled me when I opened the door to sit down in the drivers seat for the first time. Memories of loved ones no longer with me. Pain suffered through war. All relics of trials endured to bring me to this moment. On a sunny day in Lubbock, TX, less than 2 weeks after being built in Lansing, MI, I met my baby. Sitting down was overwhelming, and I couldn't help but daze in the distance through the windshield before I finally thought to myself, I made it. I'm home.
Attached Images

aviator48570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
stella16
1959 Chevy Apache 4X4

Drives: 2017 ZL1
It's a beautiful car, well deserved.

I'm sorry for your heartaches.

I went to school in lubbock, go out there on occasion. Perhaps next time, you will let me buy you lunch.

most of all....thank you for your service. It' s greatly appreciated
stella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
i_see_st4irs
just a car enthusiast

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2Ls Ls3 swap
Hey man, beautiful car.

Hope things get better for you in the near future.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

and have fun with the Camaro!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Your story is very touching man. I'm sorry to hear everything you went through, but God always has a plan. Doors close behind you so new ones can open in front of you.

It's good to see someone else here is religious. Regardless of what happens in your life you are keeping God first. Very inspirational man.

Thank you for this post. It helped me and I'm sure it will help others as well.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
aviator48570

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to hop in this car - already decided my first stop will be a Qdoba for lunch haha.

Everyone has their story - we all have to drive our own roads. Sometimes pain is part of the process. But I love how these cars can get complete strangers to talk and relate to each other. That's what this is all about.....

Next post will be a comprehensive list of the options this car has...pics to come once they're installed and the car is washed!!
aviator48570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #6
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
First off thank you for protecting our freedom!! Sorry to hear about all the tragedy during the year. Thankfully you have God in your life and have accepted that this is all part of his plan. As for the woman...she doesn't deserve you. Prayers are with you as you move forward. Beautiful car!!! Enjoy!!!
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #7
aviator48570

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
First off thank you for protecting our freedom!! Sorry to hear about all the tragedy during the year. Thankfully you have God in your life and have accepted that this is all part of his plan. As for the woman...she doesn't deserve you. Prayers are with you as you move forward. Beautiful car!!! Enjoy!!!
Thanks brotha! Here's a pic of her at the dealership getting the footwell lighting and 6 piston brakes installed! Should only be a couple more hours before I take possession!
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
aviator48570

Just drove it for the first time to throw gas in it...needs a car wash, but here she is!
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #9
edu3110

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Thank you for keeping us save.

Great car, well deserved.

Keep your head up, you have the right car to handle the road ahead.
edu3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Congrats ! The car looks great. Seems like they should make your rear calipers red also to match the fronts when you spend all the money to get the 6 piston ones.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #11
mxair2001

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Thank you for your service!

I'm from Lubbock and am there a 2-3 times a year. Would love to see your red 2016...that was my alternate choice, but since my 5th Gen was red...I went with white this time.
mxair2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
aviator48570

A few pics from this weekend...
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2016, 01:12 AM   #13
Bob77
Banned

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator48570 View Post
2015 was easily the worst year of my life. It started in May, when a girl I had previously dated a few years ago was killed in a car accident, barely in her upper 20s. A good friend of mine lost his family and was kicked out of the air force after 6 months in jail for what normally is a traffic ticket in the civilian world. My Uncle committed suicide. And the love of my life stopped talking to me after 6 months of telling me she loved me, followed by announcing a serious relationship with someone else only 3 weeks later, which was 5 weeks before I deployed to Kuwait flying AC-130s. .
Welcome to today's America.

1/ Today, America is almost a Police State-Google First Amendment Rights vs Police.

2/ We are the suicide capital of the world-We are the safest and most luxurious country in the world but we are all sad.

3/ American Women are GARBAGE-Google MGTOW or American women suck.

Educate yourself young man
Bob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #14
Bob77
Banned

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
First off thank you for protecting our freedom!
With all due respect-our freedom? The last time I checked there are about only a handful of countries in the world that I are not free. I'm a retired Pilot, flown all over the world, and to be honest, I feel way more "free" outside of the USA. Europe, Australia, Latin America (with exception of Brazil), Asia, etc; are all more way more "freer-er" than the USA. The next time you go driving in the Camaro, observe all the CAMERAS watching YOU. Cops on every corner waiting for you to be 3 MPH over the limit so they can meet their quota and keep their job, not including the high taxes we pay. All this "America and freedom" is BS rhetoric by our Government to keep us in check. Please educate yourself and have a good night.
Bob77 is offline   Reply With Quote