Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Are you interested in 1LE replicas?
Don't like these rims 22 13.50%
Interested, but I want the real deal (don't want) 25 15.34%
I want replicas, stock size 49 30.06%
I want replicas, size that fits my stock tires 32 19.63%
I want replicas, 19 inch diameter 15 9.20%
I want replicas, other reason 20 12.27%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
2017 Camaro 1LE rim - replicas? - POLL

Alright...so lets get the ball rolling on this!

I've already contacted three separate wheel makers/vendors on this wheel and so far, while its just in the thought process and nothing moving, there IS interest.

My opinion, but the 5th gen ZL1/1LE replica wheels were a big success. I loved mine. I think stock sizes/offsets should certainly be offered, but what I liked about the set I had on my 5th gen, was that I could mount the stock tire (9" rim) but it had a more aggressive offset, creating a more aggressive look, and a deeper concave than the stock wheel. A vender offering a wheel package that allows the stock tires to mount up, would be my ideal situation.

Different finishes and diameters are just icing on the cake.

So...who's interested? Anyone?

EDIT: If there are aftermarket wheels that fit the 6th gen that are actually very close to these and don't cost a ton of money...please share. The 5th gen replicas were typically anywhere from 900 -1,500 dollars. (Full set...not per wheel)

Last edited by KMPrenger; 02-11-2016 at 04:21 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
MRRWheelsInc

Drives: Camaro
KMPrenger: love your poll Idea and we where just discussing this yesterday, we have another thread posted on the camaro5 section where we spoke about creating the original ZL1 rep that you currently have for the 5 gens but with better construction on concavity, we are also the producers for the M228 wheel which till this day is a huge success/ the M228 has gradually moved over to the 6th gen. now with all the experience we have gained by dealing directly with Camaro vehicle owners this is our next project in which we have already provided info to our engineers and designers. Our main goal is not to produce a standard china replica but to provide the community with a wheel that will be only slightly below its original capabilities at a margin that will land somewhere in the price points mentioned. if there is interest consider it done and will be done by our team not hidden under a replica brand but a MRR Design product.

Last edited by MRRWheelsInc; 02-11-2016 at 03:38 PM.
MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I voted I wanted replicas but only if forged and lighter than the cast factory rims. I have not seen the point of upgrading rims to heavy cast rims. If upgrading might as well upgrade not just for appearance.

I do not see this being as popular of a choice and understand most people buy rims for looks. Also doubt anyone would forge these for $1500 for all 4 rims. Although I would spend $2k for them lol
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Don't want a replica, I want the original GM wheel. Replica wheels tend to be heavier than the stock OEM wheel.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
I would gladly spend the $2k for LPO wheels (that Im not a huge fan of) on replicas of these, provided they were of similar quality
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
Don't want a replica, I want the original GM wheel. Replica wheels tend to be heavier than the stock OEM wheel.
well I do completely see your point, in some cases the replica game has gotten such a bad rep mainly because the companies who rely solely on a rep try to manufacture the wheel as cheap as possible just to sell volume. but keep this in mind a wheel design is one thing and the manufacturing plus the manufacture behind it is another, we are not here to make a cheap wheel it has our name on it in which we will not ever risk our brand by manufacturing a poor quality wheel. i didnt want to say it yet but if this is a go we plan on producing it using our Flow Forged construction, definitely lighter then regular O.E. wheels and will more likely be very close to the O.E. forged 1LE wheel pictured above, this is the same manufacturing that we use on our Mustangs M350 wheels which are tracked by many members on that platform.
now the cost will land in the 1600-1900.00 range, trust me there will be someone that will replicate and be below the 1500.00 but thats when you land in the is just a replica no brand market.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I voted I wanted replicas but only if forged and lighter than the cast factory rims. I have not seen the point of upgrading rims to heavy cast rims. If upgrading might as well upgrade not just for appearance.

I do not see this being as popular of a choice and understand most people buy rims for looks. Also doubt anyone would forge these for $1500 for all 4 rims. Although I would spend $2k for them lol
we are listening
Old 02-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRWheelsInc View Post
well I do completely see your point, in some cases the replica game has gotten such a bad rep mainly because the companies who rely solely on a rep try to manufacture the wheel as cheap as possible just to sell volume. but keep this in mind a wheel design is one thing and the manufacturing plus the manufacture behind it is another, we are not here to make a cheap wheel it has our name on it in which we will not ever risk our brand by manufacturing a poor quality wheel. i didnt want to say it yet but if this is a go we plan on producing it using our Flow Forged construction, definitely lighter then regular O.E. wheels and will more likely be very close to the O.E. forged 1LE wheel pictured above, this is the same manufacturing that we use on our Mustangs M350 wheels which are tracked by many members on that platform.
now the cost will land in the 1600-1900.00 range, trust me there will be someone that will replicate and be below the 1500.00 but thats when you land in the is just a replica no brand market.
I wasn't talking about your company, I'm not familiar with your production process or the quality of your wheels. My experience in the Corvette world is most replica wheels are heavier than OEM and with the exception of a few manufacturers, are of lower quality. For my C5 I ended up going with TSW Wheels and I'm very satisfied with the fit and quality of their wheel. Price was in the $1200 to $1500 range. For my SS on order I was looking at your wheels, LG Motorsports, and TSW but then I saw these. If I can score a set of the original GM wheels without selling a bodily organ then that's what I'm going to do.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
I wasn't talking about your company, I'm not familiar with your production process or the quality of your wheels. My experience in the Corvette world is most replica wheels are heavier than OEM and with the exception of a few manufacturers, are of lower quality. For my C5 I ended up going with TSW Wheels and I'm very satisfied with the fit and quality of their wheel. Price was in the $1200 to $1500 range. For my SS on order I was looking at your wheels, LG Motorsports, and TSW but then I saw these. If I can score a set of the original GM wheels without selling a bodily organ then that's what I'm going to do.
oh im sorry i didnt think your comment was about us lol, i was just quoting you because i do agree with you the replica market is crazy when its about quality.
and i would like to add though that LG Motorsports has done a great job of maintaining quality and its been proven. all good on my side trust me.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post

Quote:
To clarify, its 1,500 total for all four...NOT 1,500 a rim.

speaking of weight, I spent just a grand on my set of ZL1/1LE replicas for my 5th gen from Factory reproductions, and although they were just 9" instead of 10"/11" stocker, they were just as light or lighter, and were lighter than my stock 20" RS rims. I think the replicas were 1 or 2 pounds more....I know all about rotating mass and what not, but 1 pound is not going to change anything.

My opinion, if someone can make a wheel that is near OEM weight, for MUCH less...its a WIN. For the hardcore types that want a light weight wheel, you need to be ready to spend more money.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Having the ability to choose more than one offset would be cool.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #12
MRRWheelsInc

Just to give you guys a quick idea, our FS01 Flow Forged wheels in a 20x10 and 20x11 are 7 pounds lighter then factory wheels 20" per corner,we are talking 23.5 / 25lb each
so our production on the 1LE we be estimated with in those weights.

edit: meaning lighter then there regular O.E wheels,
Old 02-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #13
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I would be in for a set of these in the 1650 range if forged.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #14
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
19" would be great for winter tires, make sure the offset on the 11" rears is good enough to support 335 width.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote