Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #71
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
I do agree...which is why I am so confused with people saying you can use these things safely on the track without showing signs of fatigue. You can make safe passes, but for how long?
That is yet to be see no however for 2 yrs and plenty of usage we have and I have yet to see a issue brotha and that's with hard driving and good amount of track time.

Now I understand your greievence your position and frustration but trying to bash is not good karma my friend. I mean I'm staying neautral here but just saying if you have a issue mention it if you'd like pm me and we can chat I can give you all the insight I have about the industry 6+ years plus knowledge in wheel development so I can shine light for you there
Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #72
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
If you are concerned with flow forging start a forge flowed thread. Many many manufacturers use that method of construction. You chosse to single one out.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #73
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Thanks for your experience. Tracked? Road course or drag strip?
I've tracked at Adams Motorsport Park (I've done about 8 Sessions), its a very turn intensive course my fastest time so far being 49.19 seconds!

I've also done 3 pulls at Irwindale drag strip 1/8 mile 8.9 seconds being my fastest.

All with the MRR M017.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #74
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
I've tracked at Adams Motorsport Park (I've done about 8 Sessions), its a very turn intensive course my fastest time so far being 49.19 seconds!

I've also done 3 pulls at Irwindale drag strip 1/8 mile 8.9 seconds being my fastest.

All with the MRR M017.
Your instagram says you're sponsored by MRR. Not saying you aren't credible, but I wouldnt consider your opinion neutral. And not to say you didn't put stress on your car, but I would think an SS would put more stress on the rims.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #75
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Have you noticed that you are no longer educating anyone? All you are doing now is trying to defend your posts. If you are so keen on educating people about certification, track wheels, different types of manufacturing, wheel balancing, and whatever else it is that you feel you need to do, then why don't you change your thread title to something other than "MRR quality"?

Like I said before, take your complaint directly to the vendor. Have an adult conversation with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners

Last edited by sub_ETCS_ret; 12-15-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #76
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Brotha it doesn't matter if it's a ss a lt or a zl1 tracking is tracking it puts stress on any wheel and any car.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #77
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post

All with the MRR M017.
lol no offense but i wouldnt call adams a real track its a go kart track big willow fontana streets of willow buttonwillow those are all real tracks in socal
Old 12-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #78
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Brotha it doesn't matter if it's a ss a lt or a zl1 tracking is tracking it puts stress on any wheel and any car.
You are correct. But more performance=more stress right?
Old 12-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #79
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
You are correct. But more performance=more stress right?
What's your deal man? Move on already--if there was a consistent issue with MRR, do you think that they would still be selling wheels on this forum? Enough is enough with this thread.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #80
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
What's your deal man? Move on already--if there was a consistent issue with MRR, do you think that they would still be selling wheels on this forum? Enough is enough with this thread.
That comment had nothing to do with MRR. I've moved on a while ago. I've just been responding to what people add. There's nothing wrong with a friendly debate.

Closed Thread