Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
MasterJefe

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Cyber Gray question

Hey all I know color is a matter of preference and when I went to see the car in Cyber Gray the color looks fantastic. However I also really like the dark RS wheels and have a bit of concern over how dark gray wheels would look on the gray car. Black on Black when it comes to wheels can be very nice but the thought of Gray on Gray strikes me as a bit odd, but I haven't seen it in person.

Despite going through thousands of pictures I still cant figure it out, partly because my first instinct for the last couple years has been black but after seeing the gray in person I'm still really torn.

Please don't blast me I just needed to say something seeing as my buddies can't stand me talking about the Camaro anymore since I finally placed the order a couple months ago and the car is due to start production next week
MasterJefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
BigDaddy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The darkened wheels are no where near as dark as they appear on the Chevrolet website.

Here is a pic from this site:

Here is a link to the Official Cyber Grey thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14431
Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
MasterJefe

Thanks bud,

Both Gray and Black look fantastic and I'm sure I'll be please with either after having waited for so long. What makes it harder is having had my mind set on black for so long until I finally got to see the CGM in person coupled with the fact that you see black cars everywhere and the Gray would be a bit more rare.

I just need to vent that statement seeing as I have to finally make up my mind because my car is so close to finally becoming a reality that I'm excitedly pulling my hair out over the decision
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
I have a CG 2SS/RS (RS package has the MS rims) I love it! I don't think it looks odd at all. Here are some pics of my car:

Either way, black or CG, I'm sure you'll be pleased!
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
BigDaddy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ya, I ordered a CG myself when I seen the color in person on a Vette. I have seen way too many black Camaro's around here so it was a no brainer for me. CG 2SS/RS. But then again...it is a Camaro...I would take any color I could get as long as I had one!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
boxcar

Drives: 2LT/RS
I love my CGM. When the sun hits it, the look is just amazing and at night it looks black
so you get the best of both worlds
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
MasterJefe

That was one of my other concerns, when I finally got to see the CGM in person I saw it in the show room. It looked fantastic but I wasn't sure what it would look like outside on a bright day. Some of the pictures in the official color thread out in sun light look very light so I'm not sure how to interpret it.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
I got the CGM and imo is the best color offered. When the light hits it you can really see the blue and green flakes. Paired with the midnight silver rims....sweet. I don't think that you will be disappointed in the choice.
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Oh man just the picks I was looking for! Yea I don't think I will be needing to worry about changing the Rims to the polished ones! MS look just dandy!
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
MasterJefe

I do really love the blue and green specs that you can see in the paint but does the shade of gray still look dark in the sunlight because it seems that in some pictures it looks like it is closer to silver than it does to black. Which isn't a bad thing, but I prefer the darker look to it and maybe photographs just don't do it justice in the sunlight
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
The rims on the Dale Jr concept in Gray would look great on a cyber gray car. I have a cyber gray with ground effects and now I may put those rims on mine. they look great.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I'm getting ready to order an SS RS in CGM. I am also wondering about rims. I am leaning toward the polished aluminum. Anyone have pictures that are accurate representations of the available rims?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
Phoneguy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2LT
For me, there was no other color option other than the CGM. I am a bit superstitious when it comes to color selection. CGM and dark green have never let me down.
Phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJefe View Post
I do really love the blue and green specs that you can see in the paint but does the shade of gray still look dark in the sunlight because it seems that in some pictures it looks like it is closer to silver than it does to black. Which isn't a bad thing, but I prefer the darker look to it and maybe photographs just don't do it justice in the sunlight
Dude the CGM is awsome, take a deep breath and relax If you liked it on the SR floor you will like it just the same, they all look alike from behind the wheel anyways. I ordered CGM with a black stripe kit, best of both worlds! After seeing a CGM Vette at a local dealer on a SR floor as well that just reinforced my decision. I think it's THE sleeper color for sure.
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote