Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #393
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
I welcome adult and polite conversation.

I think that both new designs are the evolution of both cars. I really do not see that either company 'borrowed' from the other. Rather than comparing both new design against each other, compare them against their own previous generation. But anything can be twisted and turned to a particular version. I do believe that the next few years will bring the Mustang and Camaro closer in horsepower, size and weight than they have been in quite some time. It will be a very interesting few years!
Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #394
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
They FINALLLLLLLLLLLLY fix the hideous interior our cars have had for years!
The overall interior is definitely improved. But I am not yet sold on all those little buttons. Some of us have a larger than average digits.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #395
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?

I think that both new designs are the evolution of both cars. I really do not see that either company 'borrowed' from the other. Rather than comparing both new design against each other, compare them against their own previous generation. But anything can be twisted and turned to a particular version. I do believe that the next few years will bring the Mustang and Camaro closer in horsepower, size and weight than they have been in quite some time. It will be a very interesting few years!

There is an extremely large amount of irony in that post as for the 15 Mustang, Ford looked very closely at the Camaro and really, really "borrowed" a lot of what Chevy did. Then the 16 Camaro comes out and Chevy continues what they've been doing, but they're copying Ford? Holy cow.

GM has also made the 2.0T for like 15 years or something. Ford shows up with a 2.3T and now GM is copying Ford?

What's next, EcoTech name ripping off EcoBoost? If only the EcoTech name didn't come out about 10 years before EcoBoost.

Delusional.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #396
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Turbo 4s aren't something Ford miraculously invented. Ford simply marketed it better.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #397
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The roofline is much more "fastback" than the 5th gen...this is a design feature attributable to many performance cars. Not just Mustang...

All the same - Camaro still has a very pronounced decklid and "shoulders". Don't worry, when you see it in person - it looks absolutely nothing like a Mustang.....it looks so much better.
I agree,it will look a lot diff.and probably better(if possible) in person,just like the 2010 did,i seen pics all over the net back in 2008 and 2009,but but absolutely did not do the Camaro justice until it was seen in person,im thinking the gen6 will be the same way,in person it is gonna look great!
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #398
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
I just can't make up my mind if I want to trade my PAID FOR 2010 for the gen6,im sure once I see it in person though,i probably will bite,looks like GM got the interior right and the taillamps right on this this one,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #399
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
There is an extremely large amount of irony in that post as for the 15 Mustang, Ford looked very closely at the Camaro and really, really "borrowed" a lot of what Chevy did. Then the 16 Camaro comes out and Chevy continues what they've been doing, but they're copying Ford? Holy cow.

GM has also made the 2.0T for like 15 years or something. Ford shows up with a 2.3T and now GM is copying Ford?

What's next, EcoTech name ripping off EcoBoost? If only the EcoTech name didn't come out about 10 years before EcoBoost.

Delusional.
They may genuinely have not known that GM has produced turbocharged cars since 1962. Or that the Cobalt SS turbo was the first in recent years to pack a 2.0L direct injected turbocharged I-4 engine packing 260/260.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:39 AM   #400
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
While they may be elements the cars have in common the fact is a lot of new cars look bery similar from a distance. From what I've read we can all thank wind tunnel testing od aerodynamics as ALL manufacturers chase the most efficient shape for their cars. There are only so kany ways to can put your personuspin on a wedge with 4'wheels.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #401
Inferno LT

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Yuk! It looks like they tried to make the front and rear look like the Stingray. I sooo glad I got mine before they started messing up the look.
Inferno LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #402
Rampant

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula WS6 455ci LS7
Quote:
Glad Gm built the first ever production Turbo motor too, in fact before the Mustang was ever built. I think it is ok for them to put a turbo 4 in Camaro now 53 years later.

Looks pretty different to me. In fact with a side by side, the Mustang does not look as good. IMO I do like the GT350, but hate the GT350 R due to the wing and wheels. I know they have function but they really wreck the look of the GT350.

Both base or V6 models shown to be fair. Both have 2 doors and 4 wheels, but that is about the end of copied styling.

Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #403
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I saw four brand new mustangs yesterday. Not once did I think I saw a new camaro.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #404
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I saw four brand new mustangs yesterday. Not once did I think I saw a new camaro.
Me too, saw one at a stop light yesterday. Those people must be on drugs to think they look alike.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #405
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Me too, saw one at a stop light yesterday. Those people must be on drugs to think they look alike.
I agree as well. They do Not look alike at all

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #406
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The Camaro has much more Stingray in it than anything else. I see it as a cross between a 5th gen Camaro and C7 Corvette...
So if they say the 6th gen Camaro borrowed from the Mustang, I guess the Mustang must have borrowed from the Stingray......