#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2023, 09:52 AM   #57
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike818 View Post
An electric car isn't any more or less an appliance than an ICE car.

I remember people crying about fuel injection and how it was the death of performance blah blah. People figured it out.

People complain about electric cars being smart phones on wheels and how locked down and boring they are/will be. There is a young adult in every mall that can tear down, build up, and mod every smart phone or handheld gaming device. I'm sure they could talk for hours about the nuances of different software or hardware mods. EV's are no different.

Just because you don't want to learn or change doesn't mean things aren't getting better.
You could not be more wrong. Stop. You’re in the wrong forum for that nonsense. There’s plenty of EV forums who would eat your nonsense up. Not here.

Your comparisons don’t even make sense! When’s the last time anyone opened a smart phone to check compression? There’s nothing to see in an EV anyway. They’re two completely different things, not even apples and oranges. More like apples and pine cones.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:21 AM   #58
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
You could not be more wrong. Stop. You’re in the wrong forum for that nonsense. There’s plenty of EV forums who would eat your nonsense up. Not here.

Your comparisons don’t even make sense! When’s the last time anyone opened a smart phone to check compression? There’s nothing to see in an EV anyway. They’re two completely different things, not even apples and oranges. More like apples and pine cones.
You don't understand the technology, so you cannot fathom the possibilities or capabilities.
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:28 AM   #59
Tbone98

Drives: 2023 Sierra AT4, 2024 Camaro 2SS
I think many on here are missing the points
1. There is NO profit margin to GM in coupes or sedans
2. The corvette is clearly the push for the future as their go to performance car
3. GM has promised to go full EV by 2035, except for heavy duty

Anything w a V6 or V8 will be gone. Fact is they need the plant capacity to ramp up these new EV’s. Marketing for this sucks bc they want it too. Everything they market is an EV and marketing the Camero would be a direct conflict w their future mission

That all being said, it’s exactly why I ordered a 24 Camaro. It is the Las of its kind, ever, at least for GM. These will be collectors items for true muscle enthusiasts
Tbone98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:52 AM   #60
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
You don't understand the technology, so you cannot fathom the possibilities or capabilities.
I have a feeling you’re pulling my chain now.

I have a very firm grasp on how the AC induction motor and all different types of batteries work, don’t you worry about that. Probably better than I do if how a 4 cycle internal combustion engine works.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:18 PM   #61
mrwonderful

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Why wouldn't it be more of a push for hybrids, I'd be all in for that. It seems like a fairly understood and accomplished piece of technology, but now just overlooked and tossed away.
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 01:07 PM   #62
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
Why wouldn't it be more of a push for hybrids, I'd be all in for that. It seems like a fairly understood and accomplished piece of technology, but now just overlooked and tossed away.

I'm also curious as to why gm would simply ignore the hybrid "option". Toyota and Ford, amongst others, seem to have no issue in leaning towards hybrids, likely to avoid the risks that could present themselves in an "EV only" lineup. I wonder if this is something to do with hybrids leaving a bad taste in gm's mouth from the '08-'13 full size SUV hybrids.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:09 PM   #63
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
That's a sad joke. The technology isn't new other than the batteries, and that's hardly an improvement due to their tendency to catch fire and burn the ship they're being transported on to the point where it's not seaworthy anymore.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:58 PM   #64
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
That's a sad joke. The technology isn't new other than the batteries, and that's hardly an improvement due to their tendency to catch fire and burn the ship they're being transported on to the point where it's not seaworthy anymore.
Corvairs were maligned for much less.
Capricio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:15 PM   #65
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Im not aware of any manufacturer making a 2 door ev with a back seat right now. If gm builds one they would have to call it a Camaro to help sales and try to give it heritage immediately. But that two door car could also be accompanied by an SUV and 4 door car also called Camaro if they go ahead with the Camaro sub brand. If that happens I imagine the two door exists long enough to get the brand going and then is axed.

I have hope in the current LT engines and their use in trucks, SUVs and the Corvette. Their use is definitely needed for work and if they can continue to exist long enough there could be another ICE Camaro. If the Mustang continues to exist with a V8/manual long enough and is the only option in a segment it would own, that could drive gm and hopefully Dodge to react. Hard to imagine this now as most talk is about batteries but I think gas engines will be here for a while.

Last edited by detamble13; 08-14-2023 at 09:32 PM.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:52 PM   #66

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Two doors, four doors, coupes, sedans, crossovers, suvs all blur into the same thing where the difference is practically imperceptable. A crossover magically becomes an suv to make it fit into the cafe mix, for example. Many cars had hatch-backs and were still called coupes or cars. Now a crossover that looks like a car, isn't one.

Customer preferences play second fiddle to what is buildable to meet regulations, etc. Basically it's all turned to crap with word-salad definitions attempting to carve out a niche. With EVs especially and their skateboard platforms the terminology is irrelevant. A coupe is no longer needed to produce better performance. Everything is different now and getting closer to being basically the same.

The software. subscriptions and I-Pad-in-cabin will be mostly the big selling points. Anything like what we are used to is over and done. The future of cars is nothing that interests me, coupe Camaro or otherwise. It's over.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:13 PM   #67
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Two doors, four doors, coupes, sedans, crossovers, suvs all blur into the same thing where the difference is practically imperceptable. A crossover magically becomes an suv to make it fit into the cafe mix, for example. Many cars had hatch-backs and were still called coupes or cars. Now a crossover that looks like a car, isn't one.

Customer preferences play second fiddle to what is buildable to meet regulations, etc. Basically it's all turned to crap with word-salad definitions attempting to carve out a niche. With EVs especially and their skateboard platforms the terminology is irrelevant. A coupe is no longer needed to produce better performance. Everything is different now and getting closer to being basically the same.

The software. subscriptions and I-Pad-in-cabin will be mostly the big selling points. Anything like what we are used to is over and done. The future of cars is nothing that interests me, coupe Camaro or otherwise. It's over.
This is what happens to every genre and niche, every facet of human endeavor, you know that all too well, brother.

The trickle of brave early adopters broadens into a stream of enthusiasts, the spirit of maximum freedom and honest innovation begin to flourish... then the masses catch wind of the new vogue, freshly incorporated manufacturers rush to the scene and race each other to the bottom for maximum cost efficiency... by which time, most problematically, the former stream is now the Amazon River full of cowards and lazies who don't really care anymore about anything besides comfort, but there are so many of them they drown out all other voices...

The adopters and enthusiasts must then go and find a new area to conquer, which gets increasingly difficult as technology matures in every area of life. (This isn't a fully one way street, though.)

Let's be honest, motor vehicles had a good 100-year run, which is rare and must be appreciated. We can be grateful we lived through the heyday of engine propulsion.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #68
mrwonderful

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
Im not aware of any manufacturer making a 2 door ev with a back seat right now. If gm builds one they would have to call it a Camaro to help sales and try to give it heritage immediately. But that two door car could also be accompanied by an SUV and 4 door car also called Camaro if they go ahead with the Camaro sub brand. If that happens I imagine the two door exists long enough to get the brand going and then is axed.

I have hope in the current LT engines and their use in trucks, SUVs and the Corvette. Their use is definitely needed for work and if they can continue to exist long enough there could be another ICE Camaro. If the Mustang continues to exist with a V8/manual long enough and is the only option in a segment it would own, that could drive gm and hopefully Dodge to react. Hard to imagine this now as most talk is about batteries but I think gas engines will be here for a while.

Monte Carlo!!
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 05:57 PM   #69
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Since Mercedes called their CLS as Coupe, Coupe definition isn't 2 door anymore.