Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #365
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
We live in a cartoon like society today of Fake news, Politically Correctness, twisting the truth etc. Not like 1950s or 60s when people used imagination to design. Now cars are designed in a wind tunnel to squeeze out power and MPG. I'm thinking that new grill on the SS will provide more direct air into the intake though, may eliminate the need for an after market CAI.
All they really need to do is paint the black bumper body color and move the bowtie and bam! Pretty good looking front. The tail lights on the other hand are just pure crappola. No fixing those.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #366
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Can anyone black out the flowtie via Photoshop to see how it would look?
coruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #367
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
coruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #368
xxalexmxx8926
That Drummer Boy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Send a message via AIM to xxalexmxx8926
I'd like to know if I can install the better quality camera on my 17'. Same with the rear view camera mirror and maybe the mylink software update.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #369
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
I hate that the directional wheels run the wrong way on one side of the car....that's lazy
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #370
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I went on hiatus from this site for a while, but time to come out of the woodworks once again I suppose.

I *really* dig the RS dumper. This, to me, is a much more pure and classical Camaro design with the broad, uninterrupted, single slot grill opening. I think it looks a lot better than the original 6th gen design.

But then Chevy, in their infinite wisdom, gave he SS a much wilder design that has already proven to be extremely polarizing. I was a little worried, especially when I saw the 2019 Silverado, that we could end up with a Transformers 5 style fascia. It seems Chevy's new "corporate face" for upper trims is to make their cars look like the front bumper cover was partially torn off.

The rear end definitely needed a big change, and I think they delivered. The tail lamps don't look quite as anonymous anymore and am glad to see that it's more of a quad lamp design. That being said, though, it's really odd how they decided to keep the actual tail lamp housing shape identical to the pre-refresh 6th gens, especially when considering the lighting elements don't seem to match the old body lines at all.

But the benefit, I guess, is you can probably swap them into a pre-refresh 6th gen. If a harness modification needs to be made, the aftermarket will step in.

Not sure if this is going to help with Chevy's bottom line motivation of increasing long term sales. I think the 6 cylinder looks the best and is very visually distinct, and I believe that's the most popular selling trim, so we'll see.
As for the tail light body line, it saved them money. They dont have to make new stamping for the rear fenders.

I actually like the new RS front. Note to Chevy, just paint that black bumper!
Old 04-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #371
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
Back on page 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Looks so much better with the bowtie above the plastic on the grille...(photoshopped)

'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #372
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Ouch.

That one hurts.

The LT/RS trims look alright...I guess. But that SS front end. What are they thinking?? Does the designer have some fascination with the base Dodge Charger? Don't they know that the higher trimmed, sought after Chargers have a different, and better looking front end?

Here goes:

New SS front: Horrid.
New SS hood: Nice, not sure I like it more than the 16-18, but it is more aggressive
New SS rear: Ehh...its different. It will grow on me, but is it any better than the 16 - 18 with the GM dark tail lamps? Not really.

I hate to say this folks, but I actually think the new Mustang is probably the better looking car.

Yeah...lots of you say "give it time...it will grow on you". Well sure...it probably will, but I will never like this car better than the 16 - 18. How do I know this? B/c I don't like the base Charger front end...never have. Also, I had a pre-refresh 5th gen. Once the 2014 came out I decided I didn't like it as much, and lone behold that opinion never changed (most of my gripe with it was the rear end)

How the designer can think the bowtie sitting down low doesn't look awkward as hell is beyond me. If someone hasn't started a poll on this yet, I think I might just do it.

Bright spots??? Oh yeah. That sweet 10 speed and the mirror with the screen.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #373
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Awful, it looks like a cruze or impala in some pictures. what are they thinking.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #374
mgriffin

Drives: 17' Camaro 1LT
TRASH
mgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #375
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Horrible, if i was looking for a new car now instead of in 2016 i wouldn't even consider this refresh.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #376
craz8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS black
Yeah, I was hoping they'd improve on the current fascia for the SS, but this is much worse. Might look better in black though.
craz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #377
Cgocifer

RS = WIN, looks like a Camaro. Back to the pointy, 5th gen style but nicely modernized.

SS = FAIL, looks like a Cheshire cat mixed with a wanna be transformer.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #378
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Ouch.

That one hurts.

The LT/RS trims look alright...I guess. But that SS front end. What are they thinking?? Does the designer have some fascination with the base Dodge Charger? Don't they know that the higher trimmed, sought after Chargers have a different, and better looking front end?

Here goes:

New SS front: Horrid.
New SS hood: Nice, not sure I like it more than the 16-18, but it is more aggressive
New SS rear: Ehh...its different. It will grow on me, but is it any better than the 16 - 18 with the GM dark tail lamps? Not really.

I hate to say this folks, but I actually think the new Mustang is probably the better looking car.

Yeah...lots of you say "give it time...it will grow on you". Well sure...it probably will, but I will never like this car better than the 16 - 18. How do I know this? B/c I don't like the base Charger front end...never have. Also, I had a pre-refresh 5th gen. Once the 2014 came out I decided I didn't like it as much, and lone behold that opinion never changed (most of my gripe with it was the rear end)

How the designer can think the bowtie sitting down low doesn't look awkward as hell is beyond me. If someone hasn't started a poll on this yet, I think I might just do it.

Bright spots??? Oh yeah. That sweet 10 speed and the mirror with the screen.
Completely agree. If I were to pick between the Mustang and the Camaro based on looks alone. Mustang would win.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!