#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-18-2020, 05:07 PM   #15
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
With the strong possibility of shoulder surgery (right shoulder), in the near future, my days of driving stick are numbered.

I will gladly welcome the addition of a 10-spd auto equipped 1LE.

Bring it on.

I had similar thoughts. This left knee is not going to last forever, way its going. I am concerned that even if I get a new one, it will impact my ability to depress the clutch. Hopefully knee replacements will be even better in 10 years.
I agonized over getting the 1LE because of the knee thing, and the fact that my wife doesn't yet know how to drive a stick. Not sure she will ever want to drive it anyway.
Will I replace it with an A10? Nope. When it comes to women and cars, I mate for life. My decision is made. Till death do us part. If something tragic happens to my 1LE, would I get the A10....Man IDK. I'd probably wait for the electric.

Would I question somebody with the A10 in their 1LE. F no. Its equal to me. Just like I expect they won't mock me for the M6 as they out run me on the track. (Which there's no way I could blame that on the M6) Feel free to mock my driving skilz though.

I DD a 2001 Aztek, I can take it.

*Ridiculous note - I actually injured myself driving to work in a M6 Sonic RS a bunch of years ago. My knee popped funky when I went to push in the clutch. It was shortly after I turned 40, and it hobbled me for....a couple months. I was like, oh man, Dad was right. 40 sucks! So thats the source of my joint anxiety.
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:16 PM   #16
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
That A10 will make that car real good on the highway. Especially when engaging PS.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:00 PM   #17
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon08 View Post
I had similar thoughts. This left knee is not going to last forever, way its going. I am concerned that even if I get a new one, it will impact my ability to depress the clutch. Hopefully knee replacements will be even better in 10 years.
I agonized over getting the 1LE because of the knee thing, and the fact that my wife doesn't yet know how to drive a stick. Not sure she will ever want to drive it anyway.
Will I replace it with an A10? Nope. When it comes to women and cars, I mate for life. My decision is made. Till death do us part. If something tragic happens to my 1LE, would I get the A10....Man IDK. I'd probably wait for the electric.

Would I question somebody with the A10 in their 1LE. F no. Its equal to me. Just like I expect they won't mock me for the M6 as they out run me on the track. (Which there's no way I could blame that on the M6) Feel free to mock my driving skilz though.

I DD a 2001 Aztek, I can take it.

*Ridiculous note - I actually injured myself driving to work in a M6 Sonic RS a bunch of years ago. My knee popped funky when I went to push in the clutch. It was shortly after I turned 40, and it hobbled me for....a couple months. I was like, oh man, Dad was right. 40 sucks! So thats the source of my joint anxiety.
I am in the DCT auto or bust camp.

The only auto I will ever have is a DCT. As quick as the new autos are on the upshift, they will never match that instant crisp downshift that you get from a DCT.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I am in the DCT auto or bust camp.

The only auto I will ever have is a DCT. As quick as the new autos are on the upshift, they will never match that instant crisp downshift that you get from a DCT.
Never is not a good word to use.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #19
porkchop express

Drives: 2020 Camaro ss 1le
I never thought in this day and age I would be driving two manuals. My daily is a Focus st. Manuals are just to much fun.
porkchop express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #20
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Never is not a good word to use.
In this case, I think it is safe to say. With a DCT the gear is already selected and just swaps cogs.

In a traditional auto, it has to actually disengage and engage the next gear.

Unless they make a torque converter tranny that acts as a DCT and has the next gear spinning ready to be engaged instantly, I think it is safe to say you will not match a DCT on the downshift.

In addition to the actual downshift being slower than a DCT, there is also more paddle lag. From the time you click the paddle to the time it takes to register and actually do the change does not match a DCT either.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #21
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
In this case, I think it is safe to say. With a DCT the gear is already selected and just swaps cogs.

In a traditional auto, it has to actually disengage and engage the next gear.

Unless they make a torque converter tranny that acts as a DCT and has the next gear spinning ready to be engaged instantly, I think it is safe to say you will not match a DCT on the downshift.

In addition to the actual downshift being slower than a DCT, there is also more paddle lag. From the time you click the paddle to the time it takes to register and actually do the change does not match a DCT either.
I know how DCT works (09 M3/13 M5/16 M5/18 M3). Do you own the A10? Never Is not a good word.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:05 PM   #22
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
It has it's uses.
I'll never be young again.
The sun will never fart rainbows.
I'd never buy a Prius.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 PM   #23
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
I may get an A10. And i would just leave it in auto.
I was very impressed by this tranny watching the ZL1 Ring run. The tranny seemed almost telepathic as far as downshifts. 1le manual is excellent imo. But, at this stage, the less workload for a driver means a faster driver (for me). Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:15 AM   #24
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Glad there are more choices for people. I don't think I personally would trade mine because I like sticks and didn't get certain cars in the past because they were auto only. Now of course that may change as time goes on but I wouldn't get rid of a car just to get auto version of same thing. If I were to get rid of current 1le and stayed with coupes and went auto maybe Zl1 but probably something different like Supra. Most likely I see keeping current 1le (since not a lot of manual v8 cars to chose from) and in a few years getting Ford Bronco or Wrangler, or truck as daily.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #25
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I may get an A10. And i would just leave it in auto.
I was very impressed by this tranny watching the ZL1 Ring run. The tranny seemed almost telepathic as far as downshifts. 1le manual is excellent imo. But, at this stage, the less workload for a driver means a faster driver (for me). Cheers!
The tranny seems to have 2 personalities. One is in Performance Shift mode where everything happens fast and angry. Like shooting a rifle. Bang, bang, bang. Up shifting or downshifting happens quick and in a hurry.

Then you have regular grocery getting mode. Downshifts are soft and so are the upshifts. So driving around town won’t be spectacular.

That’s my take on 16k miles of the A10 compared to over 150k miles of DCT.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #26
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Well this my opinion. The 1LE is a for the track and it’s truly an amazing beast in the original M6 format. If your thinking of getting the A10 in the 1LE look at the current C8 drivers on a course. It looks boring with both hands on the wheel clicking away at those paddle shifters.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #27
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Is this the same A10 in the ZL1 or is it the lame A8 "Now with 2 extra gears for free!" truck transmission in the more plebeian models?

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #28
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
It has it's uses.
I'll never be young again.
The sun will never fart rainbows.
I'd never buy a Prius.

I made that third statement countless times in the past. I now own a third-generation Toyota Prius, and what's even worse, is that I love it.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote