Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Car Cover

I usually drive my car every weekend so I haven’t seen a need for a car cover. However, when I spray paint things in my garage I get paint dust on the car. I usually back the car out of the garage when spray painting, but I don’t like to pull it out in the rain. Anyway, long story short is...I’d like to find a cover that isn’t too expensive, is easy to put on and take off by myself, and is just for indoor use. Any suggestions?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
I'd just buy some cheap plastic sheeting. I honestly wouldn't put an elastic fit car cover on indoors unless you wash it before putting the cover on every time. With sheets you can just lay over top without having to stretch it over the whole car and risk any dust particles scratching the paint as you try to stretch a cover over. If you washing it before each time then I would get an indoor cover.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #3
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
It will get scratched with the plastic sliding on and off. Either wipe it down with a car duster and car cover it or hang the plastic like a curtain in-between the car and your paint area.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:09 PM   #4
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Keep in mind if you go the indoor cover route the cheaper ones may still let some amount of dirt/dust through the cover so choose wisely...I've done the sheets on my classic car and have problems with the sheet just sliding off the vehicle until you get more than one on there...It's an art to get them overlapped on the car to hold them on there..
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:27 AM   #5
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Years ago I bought a cheap one for my 1980 Z28 from WalMart. I believe it was like 60 bucks Canadian. It was easy to get on and off and fit really good. I believe it was sized for a medium size sedan. It was grey.
At that time I had a pretty good sized two car shop and painted stuff in the garage all the time as I was working on car and trucks a lot at the time.
The cover worked good and I thought it was well worth the money.
Far cheaper than the cover I have for my ZLE.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote