Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
Jverado

Drives: 2004 Silverado, 2020 ZL1
Dealership and AC question

My last car I tried 2 different Chevy dealerships with mixed results. The young kid damaged the rim that was getting replaced under warranty at one dealer and the other one was ok but I really had to give them a lot of help and multiple trips till they actually found what was wrong.

My air conditioning is acting up on my new Camaro. It's hot on the passenger side and barely less than ambient on the driver's side. My question is should I just go to the local Cadillac dealership that has better reviews? They already have alpha cars so I would think they could work on the Camaro and take better care of it than the Chevy dealers did. What do you guys think?
Jverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I'd say just call the service department and ask. They should be able to do the warranty work for you but you won't know for sure until you try.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
WorthFlorida

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Convertiable
In Bel Glade, FL the dealer is Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac. GM is GM. Many multi division GM dealers still around.
WorthFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:28 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
My first suggestion is to find a Chevrolet dealer that has a larger inventory of Camaros. This indicates that they sell more of them, thus most likely service more of them. Thus, their techs will have more experience with them.

Don't know anything about your previous experiences at those dealerships, but a) the kid that did the tire will most likely not be working on your a/c.
b) did they make it right without any pushback? If so, that's a good sign. People do make mistakes.
c) While I don't know anything about the other issue, sometimes diagnosis can be tough. So the real question is, did they work with you and get it fixed correctly?
d) The Camaro is built on the Alpha platform, but they are different cars. They're not Cadillacs with different body panels. So the systems, parts, and procedures may be very different.

It may sound like you have a blend door problem on your a/c. That may require them to go inside the dash, and that is one place where you want someone that has been there and done that.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote