Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #43
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
While on a 1600 mile road trip, I noticed it would loose the ability to track speed properly after the car was shutdown and I started from 0, say after re-fueling. While on the highway it would proceed to give me the error between speeds of 50-80 mph. If I pushed my speed up past 95-110 and then settled back to 70, it would hold the speed and the error would not appear. After another stop, I would have to go through the same process of pushing the speedometer to higher speeds to properly report lower speeds.

Mid way through the trip, I had the idea to change the units from US to Metric and have not seen the error message since!

I will report back soon.

Many bugs were killed in this experiment!
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #44
Cechk01

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
While on a 1600 mile road trip, I noticed it would loose the ability to track speed properly after the car was shutdown and I started from 0, say after re-fueling. While on the highway it would proceed to give me the error between speeds of 50-80 mph. If I pushed my speed up past 95-110 and then settled back to 70, it would hold the speed and the error would not appear. After another stop, I would have to go through the same process of pushing the speedometer to higher speeds to properly report lower speeds.

Mid way through the trip, I had the idea to change the units from US to Metric and have not seen the error message since!

I will report back soon.

FYI. Going over 90, triggers the alternator to output extra voltage, around 14.2V If i recall correctly. Other ways to reliably trigger it to output 14.2V are to have the headlights fully on or have the wipers running. Of course the alternator will produce extra voltage for a variety of other reasons, but the three reasons i listed above are hard coded reasons for it to bump up the voltage.

When I had electrical issues with my car, (bouncing tach) they were highly voltage dependent.
Cechk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:41 PM   #45
Freezingtexan

Drives: 2004 corvette z06
Has anyone figured out this issue? My car just started doing something similar.

- Reduced Performance - Reduce Clutch Usage warning flashes for short bursts on the display.
- can have the cruise set on 65. When the warning comes on, the computer is closing the throttle off. Yet at the exact same time, the speedo jumps up to around 80 and stays there as the vehicle is slowing down.
- does not seem to do it when it's "cold". Can drive for 20-30 minutes with nothing. Then if i run up thru 2-3-4 gear, slow down and try to maintain steady state or set the cruise to maintain steady state the warning starts and the throttle closes. Pull over, sit for 10 minute then get back on the highway and it's perfect.
- clutch does not seem to actually be slipping. It's a new clutch with ~1000 miles on it. grabs hard on each upshift and at WOT. Contrast with the previous clutch that WAS slipping on hard shifts and NEVER set the "reduce clutch usage" warning.
- I data logged the 4 wheel speed sensors from the brake control module and the wheel speed data is steady and consistent on all 4 wheels.
- Logged data from the engine ECU for vehicle speed matches the dash readout.. it also jumps around and matches the dash display.
- both the analog speedo and the dash digital readout jump around.

Was the dealer able to diagnose this for anyone?

Car is a 2017 1LE V6
Freezingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #46
BOSE ZO

Drives: 2018 CHEVROLET Camaro LS LGX/TR3160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post

I will report back soon.

Hey man, has your problem ever come back? I have the same issue only it happens after I beat on it LOL. I put in a new speed sensor just for haha's, no change. if I park the car and shut it off the problem goes away. I never tried to switch the speedo scale, but I will next time.
ig: rapidtransit
BOSE ZO is offline   Reply With Quote