Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #15
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
I would like to hear how you dyed the stitching and see pics of how it turned out.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Okay I will add that. It was really easy.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #17
Fraxum

Red Stiching

I already did the white to red stiching on the LT1 to match the red accents I am adding to the car. First buy the red pens:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used 5 of these for the entire Camaro interior. But 4 might do it. I might go over the front stiching again on the front seats.
  1. It is best to do this where you have room to fully open both doors.
  2. Make sure you have good lighting in the car.
  3. You press the pen after you open it up and down until the tip lookd red.
  4. Then start pressing in the pen as you run the pen over the threads. Some dye will get on the seat cover. But on the Recaros no worries.
  5. Keep a damp small towel or cloth hand as you dye the threads. Some dye will get on the seat.
  6. On the recaros you can wipe off the dye on the seat cover as you go.
  7. Do a section at a time and use a good light to make sure you get the dye off the cover ASAP.
  8. Start on the back of the front seat until you get the hang of it. Keep dying until the first pen runs out and take a break if you need it.
  9. You will find some awkward positions. But try moving around until you are more comfortable. It is possible. Some take the back seat out.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #18
dadsz28

Drives: 5th gen pending
Congrats on your new LT1 looks awesome! I like the way you optioned it to your liking kinda makes it unique. Just wanted to tell you that I just read your "old mans car blog" and loved it! I am a few years younger than you but it brought back some great memories of building, cruising and racing some great cars back in the 70s and 80s wow!

I have been in my mid-life crisis back into cars for the past 15 yrs. and raced alot at atco like you. Had an 11 sec 4th gen that i enjoyed for 11 yrs. Now have a 5th gen that I just modded in the fall another mid 11 sec. car now and am loving it!

Anyway just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your posts and hope to see you down at atco whenever this mess is over. Best of luck with the car and stay safe.
dadsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #19
Fraxum

I added a Rotofab dry filter to my LT1. I was was in the odd position of having a ZL1 Rotofab, but no ZL1. I could easily have sold it. It was like new and unscratched. But no one would offer what I thought it was worth. So I looked for a trade.

I found a member in Tennessee who was building an LT4 SS and he had a LT1 RF. So we simultaneously shipped our RFs on the same day. They passed each other while being shipped. A win win for both of us. But this RF has the sound tube hole which the LT1 has a cap. I could have hacked the cap off but instead I found a better looking solution with a good fitting plastic cap I had lying around. It was even black! So I attached it to the RF with some black silicone sealer. I cleaned out the RF tubes and gave the RF good old school Armor All coating and now it looks like new. Now if I can get a hold of the red Rotofab name vinyl letters I will add another red accent to the car.

Really this is mostly to get rid of the very ugly stock intake. Intake sound is already good on the LT1 even without a sound tube. But I would say the sound is 15-20% louder. However there is an annoying little hiss when the throttle tips in. At least its not the loud turbo steam engine hiss like my previous TT 1LE used to bark. That was fun at first, but later annoying. They loved it at Atco.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #20
Fraxum

I got into the LT1 the other day to pick up some sandwiches and I saw this:

Was my Camaro trying to send a message to me?

Old 05-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #21
Fraxum

I decided to replace the red kneepad set with the Recaro ones. I did not know it when ordered them they do not match the red door trim. Becky alerted me to this so we only mounted the kneepads and not the doorpads. Those Recaro pads took 2 months to arrive. Easy install but if you are not careful you can easily damage the clips. Hit me up if you are interested in the red pad set. They will look great if you do not have the red door trim.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I decided to replace the red kneepad set with the Recaro ones. I did not know it when ordered them they do not match the red door trim. Becky alerted me to this so we only mounted the kneepads and not the doorpads. Those Recaro pads took 2 months to arrive. Easy install but if you are not careful you can easily damage the clips. Hit me up if you are interested in the red pad set. They will look great if you do not have the red door trim.

Do the red pads match the Adrenaline Red colors? I'm considering the idea of swapping the black knee pads to red ones, but not sure if that will be "too much red" inside of my car.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #23
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I heard that black on a car can be a struggle to keep maintained for some. How is going it for you?
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #24
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Don't cause division between each other on a car forum. It's about all of us liking camaros, that's all, nothing to do with politics.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #25
Fraxum

Social distancing gave me time to finally clean up my garage and make progress on my blank slate LT1 new look.

The most exciting part is my ZL1 drag setup. Finally I will have traction to see what a stock M6 LT1/LT1 can do in the 1/4.

I did try to install the Stinger sticker I bought, but that was a disaster. I bought another and engaged Monkey Wrapz in Vineland NJ to do a pro install of the vinyl. They made the Stinger and side spears look perfect for a reasonable price.

Painting the rear calipers was easy with the Hi-Temp paint kit I bought.

The DRs went on smoothly now that I know to use grease on the lug barrels. Also 305s fit on the LT1 without moving the drivers side connector. Chevy did this for me!

And I have to dime myself out for trying to Plasti-dip the front Chevy emblem without enough room. Up close it looks crappy. I will fix that if possible

The ZL1 Splash guards are highly recommended and are quite simple to install.

I added:
  • Added 17" DragStars and 305 MT ET Streets
  • Side Spears and Stinger
  • Painted the back brakes red
  • ZL1 Add-Ons splash guards
  • Plasti-dipped red the Chevy emblems

Old 08-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #26
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night and I think I got in 8 runs before leaving at 9 PM.

My Best run was in 1359 DA: 12.421@113.71. I think in better air 12.2s are very possible.

I ran a few times against a 9 second Redeye, so I felt relly slow. He even out RTed me. Sad of that but happy with the nights results. Almost all 12.5s.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-16-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:17 AM   #27
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Nice! I think a 12.4 is faster than the manufacturer claim.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #28
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Nice! I think a 12.4 is faster than the manufacturer claim.
Thanks! But I thing that can be beaten with practice and good air. I got into 12.3s with my stock 16 SS. But in my book a M6 LT1 on the stock 245 snows is barely good for 12s. At least I could not get there. I kept getting spinning big on the launch or if I did a street start I got sideways hitting second all out. So racing is much safer with the DRs, but the GM Bog holds it back if you have traction. My goal is high 11s with only minimum mods and no tune.