Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #15
arpad_m

 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
You don't need this. All you need to do is manually downshift 1 time after starting the vehicle and it will not go into v4 mode (even if you switch back to D) until you park, shutoff or put the car into reverse. If you do one of those 3 things, just manually downshift 1 time again and continue on. No v4 mode.
What I wonder is how in the world you figured this out
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV | Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster | LT5 TB | JRE custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #16
BRKGBAD
 
BRKGBAD's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 2SS/ftfy
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 74
Worked great for about 2-3k miles.

Problems are back now, worse than before.

They did *not* replace the TC.

Symptoms: jerk/jolt/extremely hard shifts (usually when pulling out from in front of my house) , higher gears isnt as obvious

occasional "rumbling" as if i am going over rumble strips

on downhill/declines car freaks out and doesn't know how to downshift, RPMs jump to 2-3k and hover there while the engine howls and doesn't stop until i hard brake and bring the car to a complete stop.
BRKGBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #17
bdavies11
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
What I wonder is how in the world you figured this out
Hah, by accident really.

Was in manual mode on a road trip and was low on fuel so I put it in D to save some on the interstate but noticed that it wouldn't go into v4 mode no matter how little throttle I used. Got gas at the next exit and went into v4 almost right away once back on the interstate. I figured it had to have something to do with me driving in manual mode before that. After a little trial and error I found that after a single manual downshift it would lock itself into v8 mode for as long as you keep the transmission in a forward direction regardless of if you kept it in manual mode or put in in auto.

Last edited by bdavies11; 06-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #18
bdavies11
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
That's some really good info, thanks for posting that! I need to try this
I'm going to assume it's the same for the V6. I don't know why it would be any different.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #19
ST1LE


 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
I'm going to assume it's the same for the V6. I don't know why it would be any different.
It's the same on my Jeep.
__________________
SOLD - 2013 1LE - Pat G Spec'd Cam, NPP with 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, Ported Throttle Body, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
J-Rod Built and Matt@FSP Tuned
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #20
HCI2000SS
 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
I'm going to assume it's the same for the V6. I don't know why it would be any different.
Just got done trying it. It definitely does not work on the V6 unfortunately
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #21
arpad_m

 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
Hah, by accident really.

Was in manual mode on a road trip and was low on fuel so I put it in D to save some on the interstate but noticed that it wouldn't go into v4 mode no matter how little throttle I used. Got gas at the next exit and went into v4 almost right away once back on the interstate. I figured it had to have something to do with me driving in manual mode before that. A2fter a little trial and error I found that after a single manual downshift it would lock itself into v8 mode for as long as you keep the transmission in a forward direction regardless of if you kept it in manual mode or put in in auto.
Cool, thanks for sharing. Interesting how people still find these easter eggs more than 3 years after introduction.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV | Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster | LT5 TB | JRE custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #22
Oramac2016
 
Oramac2016's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 318
Flushed 3 consecutive times with old fluid, flushed 3 more consecutive times with old fluid, and has been flushed with the new fluid twice on 2 separate visits. Has it improved some? Yes. Is it gone? Nope. And it is mostly present when the afm goes from v4 to v6. Sure that afm disabler probably would help but should we be the ones trying to fix it that way? I dont think so. If they can’t fix it then they better bite the bullet and take this car back. And thats the thing, they don’t care. Only thing fully protects you is lemon laws and they vary by state.
__________________
2016 Summit White 1LT RS, Brembo Brakes, NPP Exhaust,Front Glowtie, Rear Red Glowtie, Adrenaline Red Interior
Oramac2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #23
bdavies11
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Just got done trying it. It definitely does not work on the V6 unfortunately
Damn. what if you keep it in manual mode? Will it still jump into v4?
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #24
MANNAXMAN
 
MANNAXMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
You don't need this. All you need to do is manually downshift 1 time after starting the vehicle and it will not go into v4 mode (even if you switch back to D) until you park, shutoff or put the car into reverse. If you do one of those 3 things, just manually downshift 1 time again and continue on. No v4 mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Just got done trying it. It definitely does not work on the V6 unfortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
Damn. what if you keep it in manual mode? Will it still jump into v4?
I tried this on my way home from work yesterday and again today on my way to work. It did not work on my 2016 2SS. Yesterday, I manually downshifted from 5th to 1st just before getting onto the freeway. Within one mile, it went into V4 mode. This morning, I manually downshifted from 8th to 7th while on the freeway and then put it back into 8th. While still in manual mode, it went into V4 mode in less than ½ a mile.
__________________
2016 Camaro 2SS, Convertible, Summit White, A8, NPP, NAV, Daily Driver (Sept. 2016-Present)
1996 Camaro Z28 with T-Tops (Sold 10.22.16)
1986 Camaro IROC-Z with T-Tops (Sold)
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #25
bdavies11
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I tried this on my way home from work yesterday and again today on my way to work. It did not work on my 2016 2SS. Yesterday, I manually downshifted from 5th to 1st just before getting onto the freeway. Within one mile, it went into V4 mode. This morning, I manually downshifted from 8th to 7th while on the freeway and then put it back into 8th. While still in manual mode, it went into V4 mode in less than ½ a mile.
Man this is crazy. Don't mean to spread misinformation. Perhaps there is something "wrong" with mine? I'll have to shoot a video. Mine absolutely will not go into V4 mode after 1 manual downshift.

It will go into v4 quite easily if I don't downshift. I also have a 30 mile, one-way, commute to work each day and 80% of it is interstate so its easy to reproduce either way.

I do have fuse 51 pulled to keep the exhaust open at all times which is the only mod besides tinted windows. Not sure if that could have something to do with it.

Last edited by bdavies11; 06-05-2019 at 04:31 PM.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #26
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire
 
Giri's Avatar
 
Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 371
I just called my dealer. My shudder is much softer than it was the last time around but it's actually happening more than it used to. It's also gotten progressively more common over the last week.

Always happens with light throttle at around 1500rpm I believe.
__________________
My Video and Live Streaming Company
My Aerial Services and Drone Photography Company
Please like us on Facebook if you like'd to help me out!

Last edited by Giri; 06-08-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #27
Mgsouthwest2001
 
Mgsouthwest2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS 8A Hyper Blue
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKGBAD View Post
Worked great for about 2-3k miles.

Problems are back now, worse than before.

They did *not* replace the TC.

Symptoms: jerk/jolt/extremely hard shifts (usually when pulling out from in front of my house) , higher gears isnt as obvious

occasional "rumbling" as if i am going over rumble strips

on downhill/declines car freaks out and doesn't know how to downshift, RPMs jump to 2-3k and hover there while the engine howls and doesn't stop until i hard brake and bring the car to a complete stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac2016 View Post
Flushed 3 consecutive times with old fluid, flushed 3 more consecutive times with old fluid, and has been flushed with the new fluid twice on 2 separate visits. Has it improved some? Yes. Is it gone? Nope. And it is mostly present when the afm goes from v4 to v6. Sure that afm disabler probably would help but should we be the ones trying to fix it that way? I dont think so. If they can’t fix it then they better bite the bullet and take this car back. And thats the thing, they don’t care. Only thing fully protects you is lemon laws and they vary by state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
I just called my dealer. My shudder is much softer than it was the last time around but it's actually happening more than it used to. It's also gotten progressively more common over the last week.

Always happens with light throttle at around 2500rpm I believe.

Well, looks like we have some evidence that the new fluid is not going to permanently fix the problem. I hate that. Keep the responses coming guys. Just to check, I unplugged my range and drove the car a few miles yesterday. The shudder is still fixed for now on mine. No shudder on either 4 or 8 cyl mode. Plugged the range back in and am running in all 8 all the time again. I have to admit this whole shudder thing is like a black cloud that hangs over the car. I really have enjoyed the car but this whole issue does take some of the enjoyment away because I always wonder, "Is this thing going to stay fixed or end up being a major headache?"
__________________
18 Camaro 2SS: Hyper Blue 8A
Mgsouthwest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #28
SSport16


 
SSport16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,369
I am just hoping mine holds out at least another 2 years or so until the 7th gen or a C8...love my car, but no way in hell am I keeping it long term after my extended warranty runs out!
__________________
2SS Camaro, Garnet Red, Adrenaline Red, NPP, MRC, A8, 5 Split Spoke Bright Silver Wheels (56W)

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.