#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #85
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
It sucks that it takes a ruining a warranty to fix the issue but they would have to prove it aswell. I've heard the 19s aren't as bad and my tuner got HP to write my vin into 19 software so he had more parameter controls.

This is what is Fixed now..

Slow start with no throttle letting clutch out getting car moving before adding throttle, no bog (this is pretty much the only way you could avoid bogging with factory tune or no TB or intake)
Slow starts with throttle, no bog (this is where I was having most issues) this was cleared up somewhat aswell with a TB and intake but issue came back..
Dumping the clutch dry surface with and with out launch control, no bog (this is where I was most upset at my car)
I could never leave the line with out the bog.

Basically now you can drive however you want I thought I did more harm to it driving how Al Oppenheimer said to I burnt the clutch many times trying to get Chevy 's launch perfect with there nannies..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #86
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Exactly! I feel like in protecting the drive train they are forcing us to ride the clutch really bad. The only way around it on mine is more revs and driving it like a noob
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #87
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
It sucks that it takes a ruining a warranty to fix the issue but they would have to prove it aswell. .
Thats what scares me. I LOVE the car but I don't love it from a dead stop. Ive tried many different ways to drive it and unless you are at a higher RPM then it just really has a hard time. I have had those couple of times that I did it just right and the car took off as it is supposed to but those were the exception for sure.

I already went to your friends page and am just debating on it now. Ill have to really think about it a while and drive it some more to make sure. I haven't driven it in a while.

Appreciate the effort and feedback. Glad I never took the plunge on a TB
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #88
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Well, it’s good for me to know that the bog issue might come back. This way I am not pulling my hair out trying to figure out WTF was happening.

Is till believe the ported TB is not a total waste of money even if the bog partially returns. Better airflow will be beneficial for me down the line when I do long tubes and other mods.

Well, we gave it the old college try boys! Seems like GM won this one and the only way around it is to tune the car. ****ers !!! Hahahaha.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:55 AM   #89
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
Curious, are you guys talking about this bog when attempting a 0-60 run? As in trying to extract the quickest 60ft? or are you talking about casual driving around town?
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #90
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
Curious, are you guys talking about this bog when attempting a 0-60 run? As in trying to extract the quickest 60ft? or are you talking about casual driving around town?
Both

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 07-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #91
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Both.. in either case a tuner can fix both

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 07-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #92
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
Interesting..I've never "launched" the car..I did do one all nannies off, tach it up a bit and dump the clutch thing...it laid down 2 tootsie rolls as I expected without any drama ...I'll admit there was a bit of a learning curve being smooth pulling away from a dead stop at first, but I don't give it a 2nd thought nowadays.

I'd be curious to drive an M6 that has this "tuned out" and see if it is siginfigantly noticeable.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #93
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Come drive my beast if your in texas.. I promise its not even the same car.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:38 PM   #94
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Resetting the ECM for TB changes is a requirement extracted from the service manual when replacing stock by stock TB, let along replacing stock by modified TB.

To suggest that the difference the driver feels is related to the ECM reset or the placebo effect is completely unfounded. Many customers do not disconnect the battery at all, yet they realize the benefits, which is measurable.

Modified or Ported TB's are for those who do not wish to tune or those who want a better flowing TB regardless of tune. You do not have to choose one or the other, they both improve different components of the delays.

I think we all know this is a compounded (mechanical and electronic) problem.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 07-23-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #95
Alain

I read Some dude has 600 miles on his Soler TB and it’s running strong still. I agree with Mike’s point. This issue is both mechanical and tune related. Having a physically better flowing TB can only be an advantage.

The ECU might still kick in with the torque management from time to time but i would expect the bog/hesitation won’t be as bad as stock because of the physical differences between the stock and ported TB.

At least that’s what my deductive/hopeful mind is telling me.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 07-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #96
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I didn't want to be the first to say it because I figured I would get a beat-down (just because it came from me) but... I too believe my Soler TB may have been "partly" out-smarted by the ECU. It's been a few weeks since I installed and I could tell after about 1 week that the original potency had already diminished. Is it completely lost? I can't say for sure without reverting back to stock.

It hasn't been "weird" for me, but the rough idle in the morning has returned.

I've been working up the courage to revert back (I'd hate to go through the learning phase again if I'm wrong).

I think I'll revert tonight and report findings tomorrow... Inquiring minds n'such.
I went back to the OEM TB, I disconnected the battery and followed the Soler TB relearn process with my OEM TB to rule out learning as a pro/con.

When I compare Soler vs OEM immediately after relearn:
Soler feels better no doubt.

When I compare Soler after 2-3 weeks to my now freshly relearned OEM TB:
The OEM TB feels better.

So I suspect the OEM TB still has some learning to do and will also degrade in driveability and settle over the next couple weeks.

The remaining question is:
In a couple weeks when the OEM TB is all settled in, will it be the same as the Soler TB after it was settled in? I'll post back in a couple weeks.

As for placebo effect, I don't think it is. I think the Soler TB has a mechanical advantage over the OEM TB. I just think the GM Software is eventually outsmarting them both.
I'm going to bet the Soler TB would do well with a tune. But I'm tuning this car.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #97
Stingray_2014

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Both.. in either case a tuner can fix both
I am still very new to my M6 ZL1, but it doesn't seem to have the get up and go I would expect from a stop. I am assuming this is the bog everybody is talking about? I don't like it either. If I mash the gas in 1st gear while launching, I want the car to instantly push my head back into the seat like my C7 did. The C7 with the M7 didn't have any bog, but it made a lot less power too. Frustrating as I will never tune any of my cars.
Stingray_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #98
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Also, keep in mind, that Automatics have added built-in delays for the transmission to shift, like when coming to a stop and then accelerating we get about .5 seconds of zero torque commanded by the ECM. Traction control also does similarly until it figures out and equalizes torque to each wheel. etc.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote