Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 02-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #43
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
It will be a while before I do this. But when the $90 harness and another $80 at least on a LOC, I'm considering the AmpPro4 for $450 and nothing else and just doing it that way to begin with. Maybe the price will go down or something.
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #44
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The PAC has a high noise floor when using RCAs. I’m going to try the optical out next.
This is what I love about the PAC and NavTV units. With the Toslink, you eliminate the potential white noise that can come along with RCAs.

I have found that even really expensive RCAs can have a considerable amount of white noise, and cheaper ones may not. With Toslink, zero!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #45
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
if you actually have the Bose amp in your car....the audio input comes from the Most50 BUS....there are no standard left/right type inputs....outside of the Bose amp config...i have no idea what the other options are/are not in the various models/radio options.....pull the cover off your trunk floor...if you have an amp on the left...and it has 4 plugs going to it and has cooling fins on the top...its a Bose...

if you have the Bose and tap off the front door speaker outputs from the Bose amp...it will be a signal only up to 250-300hz...not full range...no speaker in the Bose system see's full range

I plan on adding the Most50 PAC unit in a month or two when car is out of winter storage...i will still keep the Rockford DSP as it has a 1/3 octave EQ and gives me control over output levels/etc...i will just change fromt he 6 channel Bose output to 6 channel DSP input (which sums up and levels out all 6 channels) to the fiber connection direct from the PAC unit

Unfortunately, GM doesn't use MOST50 in the 2019. Infotainment 3.0 is now in the 2019 Camaros. They have gone to Ethernet AVB.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #46
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Unfortunately, GM doesn't use MOST50 in the 2019. Infotainment 3.0 is now in the 2019 Camaros. They have gone to Ethernet AVB.
Well that sucks! So are you saying the PAC and NAVTV units won't work with the 2019's?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 02-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #47
RideWithDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Well that sucks! So are you saying the PAC and NAVTV units won't work with the 2019's?
Well, this has added a speed bump in my plans. Will the sub thump harness still work? So is my option of adding a LoC into an amp from that still an option?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #48
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Oh snap. This really sucks. Thanks for letting us know before I pulled the trigger on my gear. Back to the drawing board.

Hopefully there is a Ethernet AVB module. I really don't want reconstruction processors.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #49
gblaue

Quote:
That’s what I’m saying.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #50
drfeelgood

for the new folks in here... if you make the assumption that gblaue knows more about electronics than GM, you would be making a wise assumption. So asking your audio tuner about what to do with the 2019 audio system is not going to yield positive results.

Everyone in the car audio world was frustrated when these cars came out, before the NavTV piece became available.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #51
RideWithDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
Oh snap. This really sucks. Thanks for letting us know before I pulled the trigger on my gear. Back to the drawing board.

Hopefully there is a Ethernet AVB module. I really don't want reconstruction processors.
Let me know if you find something!
Old 02-25-2019, 07:14 PM   #52
gblaue

Quote:
for the new folks in here... if you make the assumption that gblaue knows more about electronics than GM, you would be making a wise assumption.
Thanks for vote of confidence. I’ll take a look and see if, at least, the ******** harness will still work.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #53
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Typical GM...just when the aftermarket catches up and offers MOST50 interfaces..they go and change the technology that is used for A/V communication....
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #54
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Typical GM...just when the aftermarket catches up and offers MOST50 interfaces..they go and change the technology that is used for A/V communication....
I really don't get the rationale behind this. It's not like they offer a competing product to the aftermarket that they want to maintain a monopoly over.

Aftermarket headunits are already a thing of the past, now this... it really is frustrating

Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #55
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
My guess is it is standardizing of their fleet. This AVB is likely more aimed towards vehicles with multiple screens/amps etc. The Camaro is just lumped in to keep things the same.

This is a devastating blow to my new car purchase excitement. Is our only option to use reconstruction processors? I doubt there is much out there for AVB interfaces. Even if PA or audio recording gear could be modified to do the job, they are stupid expensive.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #56
gblaue

Quote:
I really don't get the rationale behind this. It's not like they offer a competing product to the aftermarket that they want to maintain a monopoly over.

Aftermarket headunits are already a thing of the past, now this... it really is frustrating

There are several reasons. More bandwidth, lighter wiring harnesses, cyber security, and each MOST node is expensive compared to Ethernet.

If you think that's bad, wait till you see what's coming in the future.