Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
JimmyZ

Drives: 2017 1LE
One lap at The FIRM

Finally broke 1:21 at The FIRM. Can't seem to break 1:20 yet, but getting close.

Stock 2017 1LE

Last edited by JimmyZ; 11-25-2018 at 09:00 AM.
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
LOOKING GOOD!

PTM sport 1 will cut in to much. Try 2 and betcha u times will drop.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Nice driving jimmy, take a look at a few of my videos, they may help a bit. These were from back in July.

The 1:18 is me and the 1:17 is my buddy. Car is stock other than fluid.

https://youtu.be/0JJDubcYqco

https://youtu.be/RVM3Pjgjjj8
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #4
JimmyZ

Drives: 2017 1LE
Thanks Guys for the responses.

Next track day Sport 2 it'll be. I did notice a big change between dry and sport 1.

I did pick up a couple of things from the shared videos that should allow me to drop time for sure. I never thought of going into 2nd for turn 5 and 6. I have been leaving it in 3rd the entire time. I'll be adjusting some of my lines a bit too to see if that helps.

Not sure if it is a big difference, but i am running Pilot Sport 4s versus the OEM Good years. Good Years are going back on the car when i need to replace these.

Spent Saturday installing new rotors and pads, OEM Parts, on the front and replace the fluid with Castrol SRF.

Ready for next track day!!!
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #5
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Nice video. What is the difference between driver mode and ptm? Thanks
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #6
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
Thanks Guys for the responses.

Next track day Sport 2 it'll be. I did notice a big change between dry and sport 1.

I did pick up a couple of things from the shared videos that should allow me to drop time for sure. I never thought of going into 2nd for turn 5 and 6. I have been leaving it in 3rd the entire time. I'll be adjusting some of my lines a bit too to see if that helps.

Not sure if it is a big difference, but i am running Pilot Sport 4s versus the OEM Good years. Good Years are going back on the car when i need to replace these.

Spent Saturday installing new rotors and pads, OEM Parts, on the front and replace the fluid with Castrol SRF.

Ready for next track day!!!
Let me know when you go again. Need to get back to the firm with my new tire setup.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #7
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Let me know when you go again. Need to get back to the firm with my new tire setup.
Or a real track instead?

That place was cool when it was all dirt. I really don't like the road course though :(
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Or a real track instead?

That place was cool when it was all dirt. I really don't like the road course though :(
I just pulled in my driveway from Barber last weekend...Talk about a real track We did a 2 day event out there and it was a blast, perfect weather too.

I don't love the firm, but i like getting out there to rip some laps and practice. You pretty much get unlimited time for not a lot of money. If you go off it's not detrimental unless you hit the one wall. Don't do that. It's close too. I wouldn't drive more than an hour and a half for it
Old 11-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #9
Dave-ROR

Quote:
I just pulled in my driveway from Barber last weekend...Talk about a real track We did a 2 day event out there and it was a blast, perfect weather too.

I don't love the firm, but i like getting out there to rip some laps and practice. You pretty much get unlimited time for not a lot of money. If you go off it's not detrimental unless you hit the one wall. Don't do that. It's close too. I wouldn't drive more than an hour and a half for it
Barber is agreat place! It's not in my top 5 though.

FIRM is as far from me as Sebring is... soo...
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #10
Move_Over

Quote:
Barber is agreat place! It's not in my top 5 though.

FIRM is as far from me as Sebring is... soo...
Barber doesn't make top 5, high standards! What ya got for top 5?
Old 11-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #11
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Barber doesn't make top 5, high standards! What ya got for top 5?
Road Atlanta, VIR, Mid Ohio, Road America and Sebring (no real order except for Road Atlanta and VIR which are my top 2.. whichever I drive last seems to be my top 1 until I drive the other again)

I would Barber very closely after that though. And I'd rank it above Laguna Seca. I still need to make it to Watkins Glen, I suspect that would have a solid chance of getting to top 5 status too.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #12
Move_Over

Quote:
Road Atlanta, VIR, Mid Ohio, Road America and Sebring (no real order except for Road Atlanta and VIR which are my top 2.. whichever I drive last seems to be my top 1 until I drive the other again)

I would Barber very closely after that though. And I'd rank it above Laguna Seca. I still need to make it to Watkins Glen, I suspect that would have a solid chance of getting to top 5 status too.

I guess that's valid, i've only driven 6 tracks so barber is #1 with sebring being a close 2nd... Roebling #3. Road atlanta is on the list next year.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
Camaro6717

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Nice vid. I went there for the 1st time about a month ago, best I could do was 1:21. I really enjoyed it as the staff there were really cool. Let us just run all day, no groups. I ran Auto Club Speedway when I was out in Cali and that track was way nicer but so many people there and traffic on the track was horrendous.

Gonna go again in the future and try to drag the guy from work along with me that has a GT350, can't wait.
Camaro6717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #14
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
My first track day was at Sebring. I just purchased a year pass to FIRM to try and hone my skills and really get in tune with the car.

I may do another day or two at Sebring over the next year, as well.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote