Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-03-2022, 08:40 PM   #43
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
Their service is top notch, I had an O-Ring tear on mine after a few years of use. All I did was ask what size it was and they sent me a whole bag full of them.
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:12 PM   #44
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Haha - of course you want it to die, so you don't have to admit when you're wrong. MM huggers will continue to deny the facts

The Elite can is the clear winner in these tests, PERIOD

Lol Your ridiculous. This can blew out my rear seal. Once was enough.

It’s good for a stock car and nothing else making 15+ lbs of boost. The test is simply horseshit.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #45
Marozl1LE

Drives: Camaro gen 6 zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post

It’s good for a stock car and nothing else making 15+ lbs of boost. The test is simply horseshit.

also you tell me if i make 15 psi boost i cant drive this system ??? but orginial pcv system ist closed too or not ?? same like this one but with a catch can and pcv closed to supercharger whats wrong on this system what you mean ???

Thanks for your support
Marozl1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:41 AM   #46
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marozl1LE View Post
also you tell me if i make 15 psi boost i cant drive this system ??? but orginial pcv system ist closed too or not ?? same like this one but with a catch can and pcv closed to supercharger whats wrong on this system what you mean ???

Thanks for your support
The stock LT4 blower only runs at up to 10 psi of boost, not 15.

Also, he didn't say you could not use an EE can at 15 psi, just that he blew a rear main seal with that installed, whereas the MM can has a pressure relief valve that physically prevents this from occurring. EE does say pressure shouldn't even build let alone be high enough to blow a seal with their can, and this is where I'll stop due to no experience with these catch cans, no point in armchair quarterbacking on my part.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #47
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:

Why it is horseshit? You don't like the results? Run your own test then

You should have paid attention and run their Ultra can which is designed for higher flow
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:08 PM   #48
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Why it is horseshit? You don't like the results? Run your own test then

You should have paid attention and run their Ultra can which is designed for higher flow

There's a reason why no one uses that can for high hp builds. The elite can is a great can if your stock or slightly modded, its not great for anything else.

They both catch oil and that's all that matters.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 09-04-2022, 02:11 PM   #49
Marozl1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The stock LT4 blower only runs at up to 10 psi of boost, not 15.

Also, he didn't say you could not use an EE can at 15 psi, just that he blew a rear main seal with that installed, whereas the MM can has a pressure relief valve that physically prevents this from occurring. EE does say pressure shouldn't even build let alone be high enough to blow a seal with their can, and this is where I'll stop due to no experience with these catch cans, no point in armchair quarterbacking on my part.

Also my car makes 14psi ~ also more than stock is the mm catch can Than better for my setup I don't wanna **** any seals or anything.

My car is not stock but its not a hp monster too
Old 09-04-2022, 04:20 PM   #50
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marozl1LE View Post
Also my car makes 14psi ~ also more than stock is the mm catch can Than better for my setup I don't wanna **** any seals or anything.

My car is not stock but its not a hp monster too
I would not run any high boost engine without a catch can that has a breather blow off. Understand the vent is never used unless the boost is extreme that the can can’t handle it.

Excess blowby needs to go somewhere, and letting it build up in the crankcase isn’t a good idea.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #51
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
Quote:
I would not run any high boost engine without a catch can that has a breather blow off. Understand the vent is never used unless the boost is extreme that the can can’t handle it.

Excess blowby needs to go somewhere, and letting it build up in the crankcase isn’t a good idea.
Yep. I agree.

NA engines have blowby and supercharged engines have even more.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:08 AM   #52
Marozl1LE

Quote:

Also you say I go with mm catch can its better for my build is that right ??

Thanks for you support
Old 09-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #53
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
It depends on how you use your car. Road course racers have problems with Mighty Mouse cans as they fill quickly and can overflow from the vent on high G turns.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...track-use.html
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 02:02 PM   #54
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
It depends on how you use your car. Road course racers have problems with Mighty Mouse cans as they fill quickly and can overflow from the vent on high G turns.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...track-use.html
I currently have the MM installed and can attest to the rapid filling of the can at the track. I actually have a EE Ultra in the way to me which should be installed by next weekend. I can disclose my observations here and let others know if there is a difference. Full disclosure my current MM is the top vent which I was careful to keep an eye on and not there wild unit. I also had reached out to MM and let my investment in another manufacturers system give you a clue.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #55
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
I currently have the MM installed and can attest to the rapid filling of the can at the track. I actually have a EE Ultra in the way to me which should be installed by next weekend. I can disclose my observations here and let others know if there is a difference. Full disclosure my current MM is the top vent which I was careful to keep an eye on and not there wild unit. I also had reached out to MM and let my investment in another manufacturers system give you a clue.
Thanks for the info. I’d be interested in hearing your observations. I stayed with the EE can as I plan to stay with stock pulleys, but I will still be at 13 lb roughly (Kong X) at sea level (moving back east soon).
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:38 AM   #56
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wanted to clarify as there are a few misconceptions in posts here. We at Elite Engineering USA have several designs depending on the application. Since there is no "one size fits all".

So first, our base (Standard) Catch Can, that for years was one of the best performing on the market is for mild NA builds or stock engines. And mainly for use with port injection engines. This is the most affordable of our offerings and can be combined with our billet CSS (cleanside separator) will result in a more robust solution. Again, many shop by price and this is NOT the best match for a GDI engine or boost.

Our E2 system allows for both 1 or 2 outlets (dual valve) and is designed to be a more effective and larger capacity for the build NA engines and can be used for either port injection or boosted. This can be run as a single valve when wide open throttle operation is only occasional. This is more effective in air/oil separation (no, all cans my trap oil, but it is what percentage of the total as the testing people do shows...the goal is to stop as much as possible, not just 20% or 30% as most designs) than most other designs. This is a great solution when the application is not extreme.

Then our E2-X series. This should always be optioned as the dual valve. And the Ultra version is truly the ultimate in a real air/oil separating crankcase evacuation system. With our latest billet Venturi Vacuum Generating Valve not only does this trap 2-5 times the other designs on the market, as the test videos show, it is impossible to cause a seal failure. As it provides full time vacuum suction on the crankcase it in fact prevents this. Breathers or vents break the system and cause several issues both long term and short. This is a true vacuum system that emulates a belt driven vacuum pump functions so pressure can never build as long as vacuum is sufficient.

These are used in applications exceeding 1000 HP and are very popular with the road race crowd where extended WOT operation is the norm. AT just 4k RPM the Venturi valve is capable of generating as much as 14" of vacuum, and the higher the flow the more vacuum.

So let's look at why we purchase and install a "catchcan". Most do so to stop or reduce the ingestion of oil vapors that cause detonation and timing to be pulled, etc. With GDI engines intake valve coking and more. So if one patented design traps 90-95% of the suspended oil and other contaminants that are detrimental to a clean burn with no oil caused knock retard, but no other design does more than say 50%, how does that make sense? And enough independent techs have done the back to back tests to prove it. And we encourage more to. Then, why, when NO form of Professional racing "vents" unless a specific class rule prohibits an evac system, that is usually a good indication of it being more beneficial. And as always, we seem to be the only one that actually provides data and willing to discuss this in technical terms providing third party examples that anyone can verify.

So, selecting the proper system for your application is critical, and we ask all if they have any questions to which system is the right fit for their application to email our Engineering and Tech Support team direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com For sales assistance: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Cheers!

EliteEngineeringUSA.com
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote