Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #1
sf70h

Drives: 17' 2SS Camaro A8 Vert NPP
Convertible Care: Washing the deck lid covering the top

Does anyone have advice on how to clean the body painted deck lid that covers the folded convertible top? To expose the lid, the top needs to be down or in a partial conversion, so it makes it tricky using water as the interior and/or convertible mechanism is exposed. it just occurred to me today that this really needs some attention as the rest of the car is looking great, and I've never washed this part of the car (1 month old already!). Thanks!
sf70h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
Dub9

Drives: F1fty SS
It doesn't really see the elements, so I hit it with some quick detailed when I take the top down.

I want to go over it with some sealant and wax, but I usually just start driving instead.
Dub9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
Captain Obvious
^Name^ | Things I Say -->

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9 View Post
It doesn't really see the elements, so I hit it with some quick detailed when I take the top down.

I want to go over it with some sealant and wax, but I usually just start driving instead.
+1. Wash the car, then put the top down and give the tonneau a quick spray and wipe. The top down then makes it easier (and cooler) to wipe and detail the interior. Once I'm done with that, I put the top back up and clean the streaks off the side windows.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
After washing the rest of the car, once the top is completely dry, I put the top down and use Blackfire rinseless wash to clean that area. Don't have to do it every wash, some times just a bit of detail spray will get it looking great again.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote