Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #1821
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Who said "make it much less agressive and unique, with a centered truck-like bowtie and add a Camry Challenger feel to it"?
Nothing unique about the present design as it closely follows what GM and most of other manufacturers have been doing for many years now styling wise.
One of the biggest issues was that gen 6 closely resembled face lifted gen 5 as apparently GM listened...and slipped to #3...

Dont see any "Camry or Challenger feel" in the refresh.

Whether the new front end is more or less aggressive is another subject for an expert blog debate
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #1822
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Who said "make it much less agressive and unique, with a centered truck-like bowtie and add a Camry Challenger feel to it"?
I see a more aggressive and more unique Camaro over all . I have also seen bowties centered on Chevys other then trucks in the past .I think you just admire Camrys and Challengers a bit too much and they blurred your vision . There are many of those out there just waiting for you , enjoy .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #1823
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think you just admire Camrys and Challengers a bit too much and they blurred your vision
Not at all. I don't even see them, too boring. But a Camaro... it stands out from any crowd (well, at least until this refresh).
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #1824
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Btw, looks are not *that* subjective. Check this thread, when 6th gen was revealed:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408553

Only (or most) positive reactions. But this current thread has "only" 133 pages of negative 6comments about the refresh. Most people really don't like it. I hope that Chevy will learn something from this, if they are even "listening".
"Looks alright...Alot going on with that front, ********* aka CamaroScrunched"... That sounds familiar
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 AM   #1825
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I must be blind, I honestly see 0 Camaro heritage in this refresh. If anything it screams to me that its following trends of what looks "sporty"

What am I not seeing that you are?
Let's see if you could see it, if not then later I'll explain it in detail
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #1826
mateorush90

Drives: White Chevrolet Blazer 4W
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Got 'em
mateorush90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:52 AM   #1827
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
The car looks nothing like a Charger. People saying that need to get to the eye doctor.
Im assuming this post is allowed since it didnt talk in a negative manner about the 2019.
This was my first time stating this for those of you counting.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #1828
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
In the tail lights I see it, front end sorry I am not seeing it. Everything about the front end of this car, screams modern sporty front end look that so many companies are doing now.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #1829
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I see the gen2 influence in the front. Refresh usually suggest the direction of the next gen....

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #1830
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
The design should be an evolution over time, gradually building off of ideas from the prior generation. The retro design thing is well past its prime now and was fun while it lasted in the early and mid-2000s. Each new generation should build off some ideas from the prior generation, but design would never go anywhere if every new design had to mimic the first gen.

I do appreciate subtle nods to prior generations that are incorporated in a creative way. For example, these Mustang headlights have nothing traditional about them, but incorporate a subtle nod to the characteristic Mustang tri-taillights. That's brilliant design but incorporates an old idea in a fresh way.

That being said, the taillights on the 2019 Camaro are way too retro and a huge step back in terms of design.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #1831
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I see the gen2 influence in the front. Refresh usually suggest the direction of the next gen....
Well Bhobbs is going to have a Seizure for sure :v
Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #1832
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
In the tail lights I see it, front end sorry I am not seeing it. Everything about the front end of this car, screams modern sporty front end look that so many companies are doing now.
When I come from the university I will take time to be as detailed as possible in that part
Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #1833
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
The design should be an evolution over time, gradually building off of ideas from the prior generation. The retro design thing is well past its prime now and was fun while it lasted in the early and mid-2000s. Each new generation should build off some ideas from the prior generation, but design would never go anywhere if every new design had to mimic the first gen.

I do appreciate subtle nods to prior generations that are incorporated in a creative way. For example, these Mustang headlights have nothing traditional about them, but incorporate a subtle nod to the characteristic Mustang tri-taillights. That's brilliant design but incorporates an old idea in a fresh way.

That being said, the taillights on the 2019 Camaro are way too retro and a huge step back in terms of design.
Actually, early mustangs had those shark gills by the headlights.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #1834
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Actually, early mustangs had those shark gills by the headlights.
Wou, Good catch right there

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!