#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 02-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #15
metal

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
The programming aspect isn't necessarily a "scared to do it" type thing. It's more of "finding resources to accomplish it" problem. It's significantly more involved than PDR since PDR isn't a safety-critical system and isn't integrated into the vehicle as a whole like the park brake is. You'd need to either find a dealer willing to do it (highly unlikely for a safety system) or have a contact at GM/the brake module supplier that has the tools/knowledge to flash the brake module and is willing to risk their job by doing so.

If you do have the ability to get over that hurdle, then it's just re-wiring for the brake control module and bolting on new caliper assemblies, jounce hoses, rotors, and dust shields. Might also need new hubs, knuckles, and rear subframe depending on if the offsets/dimensions/bracketry on the existing parts allow you to bolt the new brake parts on or not.
I'm back to thinking the CT6-V setup may be an improvement, you could at least get larger rotors.
Another hangup I've read today is that 2021 brakes are different than 2020 brakes.
So, there's that.
I just took the Z51 brakes of his 2019 Corvette (his lease was up so he jumped on a well-optioned LT1 Shock vert)
At first, we just assumed we'd put my Z51 brakes on it.
Now it's turning into a major project and I'm going to see if C7 Z51 brakes will get onto a 4th gen

Last edited by metal; 02-04-2021 at 04:45 PM.
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:03 PM   #16
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
I emailed Wilwood to see if they need a prototype/dummy car for EPB rear assembly. Ill let you guys know what they say. : )
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote