Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-07-2019, 05:52 PM   #15
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
the first photo in this thread is a cop lol @cornfed

Of course to each their own. Not trying to dog on anyone too much. Definitely not my style.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #16
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
give me something that looks close to stock, but give me the ability to run 1-2" wider wheels and tires (or spacers if that's your cup of haunted bog water).

I'd be ok if it has maybe some tasteful vents added as long as they are functional.

what has been shown here, in my eyes, reminds of the days when fast and furious came out and every honda had wal-mart level body kits held on with zip ties.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #17
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
give me something that looks close to stock, but give me the ability to run 1-2" wider wheels and tires (or spacers if that's your cup of haunted bog water).

I'd be ok if it has maybe some tasteful vents added as long as they are functional.

what has been shown here, in my eyes, reminds of the days when fast and furious came out and every honda had wal-mart level body kits held on with zip ties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Truth. Looks horrible, so bad that I cant see how someone could actually like that. Its like, "I just bolted on some crap to the side of my car, looks great huh?" I feel a terrible crime has been committed....any cops in the chat, is this legal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
the first photo in this thread is a cop lol @cornfed

This has made my morning! Well, no need to go down this rabbit hole and read deep into the description which was listed for this bodykit by Phastek/Wildhammer

"Designed by master automotive designer XIX and SEMA debuted, the StreetFighetr LA Widebody Kit brings ultra-muscle design and performance to upgrade the incredible OEM sixth generation of this classic high-performance car. The bolt-on or mold-on front and rear flares add solid expansion for improved torque, wider wheels improved aerodynamics and overall better stance. The rear set up allows a strong wheel and tire upgrade providing greatly improved traction and launch. The custom/ aggressive rear spoiler adds strong downforce to the rear and pushes it directly to the wheels and visually muscle-up the OEM design."

I will use the money towards the engine

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #18
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
obviously everyone has different tastes. If you like this sort of stuff, more power to you, I won't down you for it, just don't be hurt if you ask my opinion of it.

Hell, I know some choices i've made aren't for everyone either, but at the end of the day, my car is for the person on the title, no one else.

My advice, just make sure you are doing it because *you* want it, not because you think your friends want it, or think the 'gram is going to make you feel better for getting it.

and if you do decide to get this wide of a kit, and you daily your car, I feel sorry for your wheel bearings when you put spacers that large on. 1" prolly won't hurt anything, but 6"? ask the guys with the mall crawler trucks how many times per year they replace theirs.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #19
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
obviously everyone has different tastes. If you like this sort of stuff, more power to you, I won't down you for it, just don't be hurt if you ask my opinion of it.

Hell, I know some choices i've made aren't for everyone either, but at the end of the day, my car is for the person on the title, no one else.

My advice, just make sure you are doing it because *you* want it, not because you think your friends want it, or think the 'gram is going to make you feel better for getting it.

and if you do decide to get this wide of a kit, and you daily your car, I feel sorry for your wheel bearings when you put spacers that large on. 1" prolly won't hurt anything, but 6"? ask the guys with the mall crawler trucks how many times per year they replace theirs.

Thanks I appreciate your opinion. That's what this car community is about. This was just a curious question. I love my 6th Gen the way it is...I was just trying to justify why do this to the car vs getting the ZL1 1LE but if its only for looks then I'll pass.. I value performance, functionality and so forth for track days over looks. Thanks for commenting though!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote