Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Well the GT500 Pricing Here..What Do you think

Well Camaro Fans, our Competitor has just announce the pricing for the new mustang and it appear to cost more than the ZL1 and Hellcat Redeye. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...y-gt500-price/

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
Bains

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6T
At that price yes but with dealer markups of 20k+ like they did with the GT350R, hell no.
Bains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Looks like a cool car. Cars in that price range are out of my reach, so I can't really offer an evaluation of pricing I would not consider. I wonder if this is a signal that Mustang is going upscale, though.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Looks like a cool car. Cars in that price range are out of my reach, so I can't really offer an evaluation of pricing I would not consider. I wonder if this is a signal that Mustang is going upscale, though.
All you need to do is sit in the car to answer that question. Ford is not and never will be a luxury brand.

The interior on the Mustang hasn't changed in like 5 years , no matter the model.

But then again, the Shelby name never catered to the affluent/luxury crowd, it catered to collectors and muscle heads. It's now priced out of the average muscle head, so that leaves mostly collectors.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
All you need to do is sit in the car to answer that question. Ford is not and never will be a luxury brand.

The interior on the Mustang hasn't changed in like 5 years , no matter the model.

But then again, the Shelby name never catered to the affluent/luxury crowd, it catered to collectors and muscle heads. It's now priced out of the average muscle head, so that leaves mostly collectors.
At the urging of friends, I test-drove a Mustang GT prior to buying my 2SS. Although it was a nice car, I didn't like the lack of low end torque compared to the Camaro. Sure, it had good power a fair distance up the RPM range, but no way could I drive it up there very often without getting nailed for it. But, to your point, I really did not like the interior styling of the Mustang GT (this would be a 2016) at all. Looked really cheesy compared to the Camaro interior, LOL...
Old 06-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #6
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
The base price is about where I expected it to be, but the Carbon package at $18.5k is crazy expensive. Many other options are crazy expensive, like $10k for painted stripes instead of vinyl. Plus, let's not forget many folks will be paying dealer markups (the dreaded ADMs). So some will pay six figures for a Mustang. Lots of other really good cars in that price range though.

The car seems pretty awesome, but we will have to see how it performs. A ZL1/1LE starts at around $72k. So, just the base GT500 will be more expensive than that, and that's without ADMs. So, the carbon package version is like $92k without ADM's or other optins. It better completely stomp the ZL1/1LE on a track at that price...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Reasonable price. Street legal emissions compliant 700+hp straight from the factory with a warranty has never been so attainable for the average Joe, but it's still 700+hp! And that comes with a relatively high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post

Newer Lincolns are pretty nice inside for an American luxury brand - give the Mustang the Lincoln treatment and call it a Lincoln Cougar (sorry, Mercury!
But hey, Chrysler is making a low tier Pacifica with the "Voyager" name, so why not?).

I really doubt the 2020 Camaro will feature an interior update no matter the trim, so can't really knock the Mustang for not doing that either.

The high end variants were always priced out of what the average muscle head could afford, so that's nothing new. What percentage of total Camaro sales did COPOs represent during their run? Given their price tag compared to the average income of the time, no wonder there were so few.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Would have to see the options list.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sorry the Mustang has never impressed me
Old 06-28-2019, 04:13 PM   #10
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The base price is about where I expected it to be, but the Carbon package at $18.5k is crazy expensive. Many other options are crazy expensive, like $10k for painted stripes instead of vinyl. Plus, let's not forget many folks will be paying dealer markups (the dreaded ADMs). So some will pay six figures for a Mustang. Lots of other really good cars in that price range though.

The car seems pretty awesome, but we will have to see how it performs. A ZL1/1LE starts at around $72k. So, just the base GT500 will be more expensive than that, and that's without ADMs. So, the carbon package version is like $92k without ADM's or other optins. It better completely stomp the ZL1/1LE on a track at that price...
To add to your point, you can pretty easily get a ZLE under MSRP, on average about $5K off. You factor that in with the ADM that Ford dealerships will add, and the delta is even bigger than straight MSRP.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #11
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
And that means the Shelby American GT500 SuperSnake will have to be $200k+.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #12
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Ford is extremely good at marketing. They will sell every single GT500 out there, even if it goes "down" to just MSRP. What is more curious about this car is the cost of the options- $18.5k for a package, that kinda sounds like Porsche tactics...I get the fact that Ford wants to make the base price seem reasonable, therefore they come up with elaborate options to really cash in. Just my initial observation..
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #13
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I've never liked how Ford packaged their Mustang performance options compared to the Camaro. It's somewhat misleading so they can advertise a lower base price. Curious to see how one prices out compared to a similarly equipped ZL1 1LE A10. Also curious on the weight on the GT500.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #14
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
Ford is extremely good at marketing. They will sell every single GT500 out there, even if it goes "down" to just MSRP. What is more curious about this car is the cost of the options- $18.5k for a package, that kinda sounds like Porsche tactics...I get the fact that Ford wants to make the base price seem reasonable, therefore they come up with elaborate options to really cash in. Just my initial observation..
So true. The GT500 and Shelby name plate sells itself. Both are iconic especially to Ford fans. The older gents will still buy them up and put the serial numbers on their embroidered jackets for the Shelby events. Not a knock, just a fact. Curious to see if the dealers will still add the ADM's with such a steep price tag.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote