Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-18-2023, 10:01 AM   #1
sanz521

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
ZLE Cont. ExtremeContact review and a search for new tires.

After going through the stock SC3rs (which barely lasted 1.5 days because of the break in period for the car and i didnt have the track alignment done yet) , i opted for a tire with a higher tread wear, since my main tracks are Homestead and Sebring, and didnt have a way to tow the car to sebring. Looked around at options, and got a solid deal on the ExtremeContact, and they met my needs. Only thing was that I had to got down to 295 from 305's in the front, but not a huge deal.

The Review: Def a great 200TW tire for the price. I got mine for $1500 shipped, and paid another $350 to have mounted, balanced, and the track alignment done. Got 5 full track days on them, and while the tires still have tread, at the end of the last one i could tell the rubber was done. Lap times dropped steadily my last 2 sessions, and by the end of the last one i was 10 seconds off my fastest time in the morning, 13 off the fastest lap i got on the tires.

Are they as fast as the SC3R's? Hell no, but it was never expected. But they last plenty, so much so that if i had a spare set of rims for the street, I could still get very solid use out of them. All in all they have a total of 3000 Miles, which include 5 full track days, and 3 round trips between miami and sebring.

On to new tires: leading candidate is the SC3r's. People who use them only for track, how many days do you get out of them? Also open to other options that have a good grip/tire life balance (if they exists lol)
sanz521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:10 AM   #2
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires (220 tw) in ZL1 1LE sizes are great on the street and the track. Lap times are 1.5-2 seconds off the pace of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires, but will last 5-6 track days compared to 3.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:32 PM   #3
sanz521

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Also leaning towards the SC3 for durability, wondering if anyone has used them VS the contis extremecontact
sanz521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #4
Tay

Drives: 1985 Oldsmobuick
Nankang AR-1 is a great 100 treadwear tire that lasts and is durable.

I don't have any experience on the Camaro but I run them on both my Porsches and they are excellent.

I have also heard great things about the Nankang CR-S v2 which is there 200 treadwear tire.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote