zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Go Green!
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #156
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
[QUOTE=CamaroSkooter;2423908]I don't hear anyone yelling "Go Blue" any more

I New we would get our ass kicked. And next week also.

go blue !

Lot of upsets .bye bye Bamma.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #157
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
We will regroup and come out fighting again. Michigan is a team going back up the ladder to success. There will be pitfalls, but we are coming. I am very proud of these guys and the hard work they are doing to get them to where they want and deserve to be.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #158
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
GO MICHIGAN STATE!!!! I will admit, I was a little worried in the 1st quarter but then my STATE got settled down and never looked back!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #159
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
HELL YEA COCKS!!!!!
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #160
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
HELL YEA COCKS!!!!!

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #161
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Yes the Mighty Tide have fallen, but if you read a few posts back they did what I said they would do. They thought they could just show up and win. The didn't lose, they got beat in every aspect of the game.

Football in Alabama is almost a religon and the loss will not be taken easily, but in reality the lose was inevitable. The laws of average are that they were going to lose and they did.

Will they rebound, well that is yet to be determined. I actually think it was a good thing for them to lose. Made them eat a little humble pie so to speak, maybe it will teach them a valuable lesson, but time will tell.

Unlike years past, I don't feel Alabama will fold.

While I am upset with the loss, not because they lost but because of the way they played. Even in a loss, they still are my team and always will be. I know the haters always come out after a loss.

Unlike most I do not dog other teams and actually thought there were better teams than Alabama this year, see previous posts, Ohio State and Oregon look pretty impressive. BUT and a BIG BUT there is alot of football left to play, we will see at the end.

Congrats to South Carolina.

ROLL TIDE 2009 BCS National Champions.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #162
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Football in Alabama is almost a religon and the loss will not be taken easily, but in reality the lose was inevitable. The laws of average are that they were going to lose and they did.
See, there's where Alabama and Texas differ. It's more of a religion in Texas than it is in Alabama. How many college football programs (FBS and FCS) are there in Alabama? How many programs are there in Texas?

Answer:

Alabama has 4 FBS programs (University of Alabama, Auburn University, Troy University, and University of Alabama at Birmingham)

Texas has 10 FBS programs (Baylor University, University of Houston, University of North Texas, Rice University, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M University, and University of Texas at El Paso)

Alabama has 5 FCS programs (Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Jacksonville State, Samford, and South Alabama)

Texas has 6 FCS programs (Lamar, Prairie View A&M, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, Texas Southern, and Texas State)

So, Texas has more FBS programs than Alabama has in combined FBS and FCS schools.

Now yeah, I understand that it's mostly a simple population density issue, but all of the above Texas University football programs are routinely filled with the top talent from our state and rarely have to look outside our own borders to fill a decent roster. Now, obviously a program like the University of Texas has the luxury of being able to recruit from all over the country, but if needed they could easily fill their roster with top talent from this state alone.

It all gets down to how hardcore the high school football programs are in your state. The quantity of collegiate programs in your state typically reflect just how much talent is coming out of the state's high schools.

So, while Alabam may have a pretty hardcore group of college football faithful, trust me, it pales in comparison to the sheer mass of fans generated by Texas football programs.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect all of the fans of college football no matter what state they're in, but I find it a bit humorous when someone makes a comment that their state's obsession with football is like a religion. In my mind, only Florida and California are really at all close to the same level of football "religion" as Texas is.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #163
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect all of the fans of college football no matter what state they're in, but I find it a bit humorous when someone makes a comment that their state's obsession with football is like a religion. In my mind, only Florida and California are really at all close to the same level of football "religion" as Texas is.
You need to come for a visit, it gets pretty bad around here. Unfortunately people actually die because of football. I am not sure about Texas, but usually once or twice a season someone will get shot and killed because of a football game. The last incident was a father and son. Of course this is nothing to brag about and is actually sad.

In the second grade everyone usually gets the ultimate question " Who you go for"

The fanatisism of Alabama Football is at a level I have never seen. The only time I have been around Texas football was last year in Pasadena and of course both were passionate about their teams. But day in day out, 365 days a year the people of Alabama are crazy about it, hell they name their kids after it. It is not healthy, LOL especially when you lose.

I think what makes it so bad around here is the winning aspect of it. Alabama was down for awhile and now they have had some success, even with the loss this past weekend it gets even crazier.

I think alot may have to do with they fact that Texas usually only has 1 power team, even though they have alot of teams. In all reality we have Alabama and Auburn, the others don't count around here. They are more viewed on a Div II level,or a big Junior College that isn't relevant.

While I am sure Texas has a passionate fan base, like Alabama, it is totally different.

You have many professional sports, Cowboys, Texans, Rangers, Astros, Spurs, Mavericks plus college teams etc... We have Alabama & Auburn. We claim no other pro teams.

I guess it really boils down to perception. I don't know how Texas fans deal with a loss, but in Alabama people call in sick.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #164
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Well now it's about to get wierd. You've got Ohio State at #1 in the polls. BSU is likely #1 in the BCS mystery computer, but that should fade because the rest of their schedule is all conference. You've got Kellen Moore as the apparent frontrunner for Heisman. BSU beat the Oregon Ducks in their last 2 games. I've had a wait and see attitude this year, but I'm surprised by the way things are shaking out. Not what I expected at all.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #165
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

In all honesty I think Ohio State will lose one, Nebraska or Oklahoma will lose 1 ( Big 12 Championship) Michigan State has a good chance to stay unbeaten. Auburn has a great chance to stay unbeaten, plus Boise St and TCU. It will definitely be crazy.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #166
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
In all honesty I think Ohio State will lose one, Nebraska or Oklahoma will lose 1 ( Big 12 Championship) Michigan State has a good chance to stay unbeaten. Auburn has a great chance to stay unbeaten, plus Boise St and TCU. It will definitely be crazy.
Ya, do you ever remember it being this wide open?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #167
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Michigan and Michigan state are both in the big ten. 50 to 60 miles away from each other. Michigan sells out every home game 113,000 plus.
(and we are not that good once more) But I do here Texas is big on high school and college football.
Ohio st needs a big name school to compete on scholarships.(that helps being good getting all the local talent))
Michigan and Michigan st have to split our home grown.
Also less people in Michigan then 10 years ago.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #168
MaddogZ28

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28, 2011 SS/RS
I'm a new member.

I have to give a shout out to the NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS!!!

GOOO BIIIIG REEEEEDDDD!!!!
MaddogZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote