#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-03-2024, 06:02 PM   #71
BCT6956

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Z/28 all day long. I had a '15 Z/28, have a '17 ZL1, and forget the ZL1...on all fronts. For me, the Z/28 wins by far in looks, comfort (I found it WAY more comfortable than the ZL1), the feel of the drive, the handling, everything with the single exception of the ZL1 (non-ZLE) allows you to get over those big ass speed humps in the road without going at a steep angle and speed bumps (or really bumpy roads) aren't felt *quite* as much (honestly though, it really isn't much of a difference at all). All in all though, I wouldn't want to do a 1-2 hr drive in the ZL1, at all, but I loved those drives in the Z/28. I don't know how people find the ZL1 comfortable honestly, the seat can't even sit back far enough to get comfortable imo.

On the other front, one is a rare car you literally never see on the road, the other is a dime a dozen camaro by comparison. There were more ZL1s built even in the pilot year (2012) than were ever built of the Z/28, and tens of thousands of them since then in both 5th and 6th gen (6th gen ZL1 alone has 12646 from 2017-2019, compared to 1801 Z/28s in 2014-2015 combined).
If you care about the stock power, or want auto, or want fancy amenities you'll likely not use anyways, then the ZL1 is likely your best bet. If you like to feel like you're part of the road, the Z/28 (the 6th gen ZLE I'm sure will achieve that same feeling though if you can tolerate the looks of the stupid aero package on it), or of course, if you like the rarity factor, then its a no brainer on that front.

All in all though, its up to your tastes.

I will say though; I upgraded my Z/28 and completely regretted doing it. I added something like 120whp, but lost the "natural" feel of the car, the originality, and adds too much complexity imo. So, you can upgrade the shit out of it, yes, but tbh, you'll probably still fall short on the torque at the wheels vs the ZL1. The next one I buy will stay stock.
Oh wow … ZL1 a dime a dozen?? Not a chance man. They are rarely seen where I am same for the z28. However the ZL1 is twice the car the z28 is. Confer level on the ZL1 is a 9 it’s a perfect balance of a trace, track, drag, hot rod, head turner, muscle car with everything you could ever want on it.
BCT6956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 06:18 PM   #72
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I loved my 2010 m6 pace car edition, but really love my ZL1 A10. Both great cars but the gen six platform is one step up no matter transmission option compared to any GEN five with equal trim level. There is on rails and then there is on RAILS!
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote