Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #43
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
It's an ok car but it should have never been called a charger.
I agree and disagree. I think they are great cars, but agree that it shouldn't have been called a Charger.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #44
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
ITs the four doors that leave them out. I do have to say that they have come a long way and the interior is just incredible for the pricing.
I just got mine yesterday and can't lay into it but it does move with the 3.91s in the rear up to 70. The problem now is the tranny....the stupid five speed. I think if they ever break the code and come out with some tuning, they would wake up a bit. #811 of 1500

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #45
GrabberB5.Slow

Drives: 2011 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
ITs the four doors that leave them out. I do have to say that they have come a long way and the interior is just incredible for the pricing.
I just got mine yesterday and can't lay into it but it does move with the 3.91s in the rear up to 70. The problem now is the tranny....the stupid five speed. I think if they ever break the code and come out with some tuning, they would wake up a bit. #811 of 1500
I've seen one around here that looks exactly like that, looks awesome! What excatly is the Mopar edition? I havn't heard of that one.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #46
joey0480

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberB5.Slow View Post
I've seen one around here that looks exactly like that, looks awesome! What excatly is the Mopar edition? I havn't heard of that one.
main thing is the gears are 3.91 compared to the 3.06. strut tower braces and upgraded sway bars. blue stripe, mopar pistol grip shift handle, katzkin leather seats, the black 20 inch envys, and the number on the dash. They have been pretty conservative about the low 5s with the 0-60. I have seen a few with slips that are running around 4.8ish with them but they die out halfway down the track due to no top end lol.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/cha...1-charger.html

Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
160 Thermostat
GM gill stripes
Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #47
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Mustang GT View Post
They are less of an insult than the new Dodge Dart is to the Dodge Dart of the 60's....
Atleast the Charger you an get a V8
Not really, the Dart was an entry level economy car in the 60s, available with 4 doors btw, same as a new new one. and NOTHING Dodge has done is a biogger insult that what GM has done to the Malibu and Impala. At least the Charger is STILL RWD with V8 POWER! And it has a very muscular look to it. Yes, it is a muscl car, it rides on a 4 inch longer wheelbase than the Challenger. It is more of 1/4 price E Class or 5 series than anything else though.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #48
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
There are mail order tunes/PCMs available now, i cannot imagine full tuning ability can be far behind.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #49
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I don't think its the 4 doors that exclude it. Its the lack of anything to do with the chargers heritage, and the focus on it being a family hauler. My 4 door Thunderbird is pure muscle. There was plenty of names that dodge could have used but they decided to use one that has no bearing on its current nature.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #50
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
There was plenty of names that dodge could have used but they decided to use one that has no bearing on its current nature.
Pure marketing. They already had new-named cars that no one would buy. "Charger" rings a bell with folks from the 70s and that's mainly who buys them.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #51
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
I don't think its the 4 doors that exclude it. Its the lack of anything to do with the chargers heritage, and the focus on it being a family hauler. My 4 door Thunderbird is pure muscle. There was plenty of names that dodge could have used but they decided to use one that has no bearing on its current nature.

From my mn12 days I remember how they used to make fun of the four door birds and even the body Impala SS. That was dumb IMHO. Lots of great 4 door muscle cars and the Charger is one of them and the 11 and newer models Especially have tons of 68-70 charger queues. I honestly want to know if the people bitching about the number of doors thinks the 80$ chargers with their fwd, 4 bangers, and economy car style were better Chargers because the they only had one door on each side........
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #52
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Pure marketing. They already had new-named cars that no one would buy. "Charger" rings a bell with folks from the 70s and that's mainly who buys them.
I wouldn't be so sure, they're still doing the best overall in sales for the big 3. If they made the charger like it used to be then we'd just have 2 versions of the challenger. It's bad enough they have a charger and 300. I suppose they're 2 different branches of chrystler though..
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #53
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I honestly want to know if the people bitching about the number of doors thinks the 80$ chargers with their fwd, 4 bangers, and economy car style were better Chargers because the they only had one door on each side........
No - they were just cheap pieces of junk, like most every other American car made in the 80s.

It's hard to count any US car from the 80s in any sort of discussion about good cars from the past. That should just be a forgotten decade of US automobiles.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #54
joey0480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
There are mail order tunes/PCMs available now, i cannot imagine full tuning ability can be far behind.
hey thanks! I am fairly sure dodge twittered about an answer on unlocking the computer 4th quarter.....looking forward to it. With the mopar running in the low 13's stock it would be nice to see them break into the high 12's with a tune and intake and a catback for some sound

Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
160 Thermostat
GM gill stripes