Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #85
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Still doesn't explain why the z/28, a track-oriented car, doesn't have a spoiler that looks like crap. Doesn't explain why... hm... performance oriented manufacturers like, I don't know, Lamborghini and Ferrari somehow achieve aero without spoilers that look like crap.

Excuses, honestly. There's a way to achieve both functionality and form. They've missed the mark and won't admit it. Beyond that, don't they realize that, at the end of the day, 99% of buyers rather have a better looking spoiler that produces slightly less downforce at the benefit of having their car *not* look like it's using an aftermarket part from the 90s? My gut tells me this thing won't survive into the 2017 model year due to poor reception.
While I'd much rather have a rear blade (dovetail) because it looks better IMO, my gut tells me that this new spoiler for the SS was chosen because it most likely produces less drag than other options while maintaining "good enough" downforce at high speeds.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #86
HuJass

Drives: GM
Did you guys that are complaining about the stanchion type spoiler ever consider that it works better with the new faster roofline of the 6th gen?
I'm sure they tested all sorts of spoilers and what they picked works the best with the rest of the car.

You can't say just because the 5th gen Z/28 has a lip type spoiler then the 6th gen should have one, too.
The body shapes are different and the way the air comes off the back of the cars is different, too.

It's not a one size fits all kind of proposition.

And I bet you won't be able to remove the stanchion spoiler, replace it with the lip spoiler, and not have exposed holes.
The stanchion spoiler probably has 4 bolts; two on the left and two on the right. And they're probably situated inboard on the decklid a bit AND inline front to back.
You'll probably need a new decklid to go along with the lip spoiler.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #87
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
The styling is fine and meets expectations, but doesn't exceed them. That's the gripe for me. It is an opportunity lost. The front end styling is everywhere, even Camry's. I like the rendering in SW31SS's post above as an example of what could have been done. The C7 is much more interesting.

The Gen5 was more iconic.

Secondly the interior is too Mustang for me. Buttons everywhere. I like the restrained, basics only interior of the Gen5. Very refreshing in todays world. Those knee mounted vents look silly and impractical.

Other than that I am very excited about the LT1 without AFM in the manual and the overall track focus of the car. I may wait a couple model years to see if the styling is updated.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #88
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Question

People complaining about the vents, clearly have 0 concept of how vents work.

For one the driver and passenger have single vents on both sides to cool or heat their upper body. Second the lower vents MOVE, yeah its weird that something so complex as a vent opening can ROTATE and TILT WOW. That means they can tilt up to shoot towards your face or close to it or lower if needed WOW THIS TECHNOLOGY IS MIND BLOWING!!

And do you guys need a ****ing hurricane in your car to have adequate wind? Like two vents isnt enough? the 5th gen had two vents per side they both blew at your face, the middle vent was rather useless in my opinion but now no one is happy with the lower vents. MHM makes sense because two vents up high makes more sense then one high and one low. Not sure about everyone but I enjoy my entire body to cooled or warmed not just my face.

Oh and the heat sucks in the 5th gen because its all blowing towards your upper body and since heat rises it quickly swarms your face and is very uncomfortable.

And yes this was a completely sarcastic post, its just getting hilariously ridiculous how many people are complaining about how "useless" the lower vents are when in reality I think they are 10 fold more efficient then the 5th gen vents.

And my .2 cents I understand everyone has an opinion and wants to post their "gripes" but damn you people complain over everything. If you overall like the car and have a few minor "gripes" change it, if not then dont buy the car and go buy a Camry.

And yes I am posting about you griping with my "gripe" but reading through all these posts and EVERYONE saying something about the vents which in reality again I think are way more effective then the 5th gen vents.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #89
jrohan07

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Supercharged SLP
The lower vents to me cover the "kid size" rear seats with comfortable air or heat in the back seat. Hmmm wonder why these are low and centered...
jrohan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #90
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well it just looks like, to me, they grabbed about 8 pieces of that stretched and punched steel plating, painted it black, and stuck it in there however it would fit. That, and it will be a bitch to clean.

Attachment 718058

I much prefer the clean symmetrical look of the LT grille... minus the chrome.

Attachment 718059

Even if they used the mesh and just made it look like one continuous piece, it would look much better, IMHO.
just keep in mind, the SS lower grille is not "flat in plane".
It has corrugations, nearly a shark skin feel to it.
basically, if you pulled it off and looked straight down from above it, it would have protrusions and the like. Its much more than some standard trapezoidal mesh you get at Home depot.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #91
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The problem that most people will find in HOT climates, Texas, Florida those vents will never cool the Cabin from the Dash line UP on a 100 degree day you are going to try to angle them up and turn blower up at full speed. in the 60's most cars had the lower vents under the dash they were moved for that very reason, as these will be moved in the next refresh!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #92
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
I know this is for gripes and not compliments, but I just noticed the padded area on the top of the door for where your elbows/arms go. That's just perfect. They thought of everything...
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #93
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Interior door design, it reminds me way too much of the Malibu.. I like how the 5 gen had its own plain interior door style..don't get me wrong the new 6 gen looks great and maybe when I see it I'll change my mind.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #94
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
The problem that most people will find in HOT climates, Texas, Florida those vents will never cool the Cabin from the Dash line UP on a 100 degree day you are going to try to angle them up and turn blower up at full speed. in the 60's most cars had the lower vents under the dash they were moved for that very reason, as these will be moved in the next refresh!!
That's why you use the defroster
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #95
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
That's why you use the defroster
Oh I get it after 2 mins the windshield frosts over on the outside, and you have to turn the wipers on every couple of minutes to see. got ya!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #96
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Oh I get it after 2 mins the windshield frosts over on the outside, and you have to turn the wipers on every couple of minutes to see. got ya!
Better than being hot
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 AM   #97
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I don't like the gas pedal. Should leave those to transit buses. That is all. I love it and will have one helluva hard time waiting for a 1LE equivalent.
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:56 AM   #98
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW31SS View Post

OMG - this blows away what the 2016 looks like. Had not seen this before but GM could have killed the competition with this.
Of course.

It's a sweet drawing.

What size do you think those rims are in relation to the car? 22s? That's not very feasible. And look at them from the rear... They are ridiculous wide for a production Camaro. You also have no gaps between the tires and car. It's slammed to the ground. It's just a cartoon. A production Camaro could never look like that realistically but I agree it would look killer.

The grill design could have been used as well as the basic idea... And it would look great I get that. But far from like this. Improvement over the 6th? Possibly...really like the concept can't believe I missed it either. Surprised it didn't make more noise.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote