Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2020, 10:34 PM   #1
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Schroth Quick Fit Pro Installed (HANS compatible- E90 Fitment) Photos and some info.

I finally received my Schroth quick fit Pro (initially they sent me the wrong/passenger side). I removed the passenger and back seats for weight reduction at track days (125lbs saved with that and the wheels/tires) and then I installed the 4 point harness after since access became much easier.

I didn't need to bend the brackets when I attached them to driver seat side bolt that holds the seat belt tensioner or the rear seat belt bolt by the window side as described in some installation manuals on Schroth's website..
.It was fairly straightforward but it won't be plug and play like the Focus RS model as no additional adaptor at the tensioner(door) side. I will simply remove the rest of it from the 3 points and put them in one of those helmet bags and tuck them underneath the seat when I am done with it.

I previously had 3 point and 6 point Schroth ASM harnesses but after I learned the E90 fitment works on our cars, I decided to give it a shot for a convenient harness solution that works with a HANS device. Besides with the bucket seats , harness bar, slider, seat base and side mounts..they all adds up, I measured the weight at 53lbs even without the hardware (vs 55lbs with OEM seats) so no real weight savings were there for me .. Also this would be much easier for me to turn the car to stock to give my kids a ride which is not possible with a metal harness bar in the back seat

In one of the below photos, I tried to show how it would like with a HANS device (NecksGen Rev2 ) and I didn't pay attention to align them well to get a quick photo. The angle of the rear attachments don't look too steep to my eyes (maybe because our Recaros don't sit too high like the GT350s and other cars) so it didn't bother me ..but of course YMMV and try it at your own risk. I liked this solution better than my Schroth 3 point ASM harness that I had in the previous car.

In the below video the guy explains the different types of quick fit pro harnesses, installation, how the ASM works and why the 4 point ASM system might be safer than OEM 3 point seat belt system in case of a roll over. You will notice that the Focus RS model has an additional adaptor which makes it completely removable (which the E90 model lacks)

As always USE IT AT OWN YOUR RISK
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Nice! You should add a rear seat delete (at least the top half) to prevent buffeting, it is terrible in this car with the seats down.

I made one out of Masonite and some fabric for under 30 dollars.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
CDFF

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
This looks like a great solution.

I don’t understand why it’s not plug and play though. Can you explain more?

Does it not work like video?
CDFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
CDFF

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Ok I think I understand now... the e90 option doesn’t have a buckle on left side of the driver seat right? But the focus rs does...

Anyone tried the one for the focus rs?
CDFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:23 AM   #5
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Nice! You should add a rear seat delete (at least the top half) to prevent buffeting, it is terrible in this car with the seats down.

As I'm only be using like this at the track (will reinstall the back seats after each event), I want to see how it goes first.. I am just trying to add any more weight as this is a track only situation, if it bothers me though, I might think about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFF View Post
Ok I think I understand now... the e90 option doesn’t have a buckle on left side of the driver seat right? But the focus rs does...

Anyone tried the one for the focus rs?
Good question
You may talk with them and ask maybe? If they confirm that the buckles are the same size with focus RS maybe?
Old 03-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
As I'm only be using like this at the track (will reinstall the back seats after each event), I want to see how it goes first.. I am just trying to add any more weight as this is a track only situation, if it bothers me though, I might think about that

Good question
You may talk with them and ask maybe? If they confirm that the buckles are the same size with focus RS maybe?
Fair enough, however my Masonite board weighs 14 ounces lol.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #7
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Quote:

+20 on this!! Last October I took my seats out because i was dropping the car off for a cage after an event. The buffeting was so offensive that my instructor wanted to get out.
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #8
glamcem

Quote:
Fair enough, however my Masonite board weighs 14 ounces lol.
14 ounces? Please do explain the last one I saw was about 15-20lbs if it helps with that I would love to do that as well. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_ View Post
+20 on this!! Last October I took my seats out because i was dropping the car off for a cage after an event. The buffeting was so offensive that my instructor wanted to get out.
: thumb: I will do something about that then so do we what actually causes that? Is it because top portion causes extra room for turbulence or something since the air gets in all the way to the trunk or just the exposed metal ?
Old 03-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
I think you would really only need to cover the area where the seatback is.
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #10
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_ View Post
I think you would really only need to cover the area where the seatback is.
Thanks, I think so too..
After thinking about it, I think I might have found an quick and easy solution (or a dumb one). So 14 ounces saved maybe?

I used the existing trunk mat, upside down, put a small hole with a center punch and zip tied it to the hook where the backseats connects, added a couple velcro pieces to connect the trunk mat in place ( velcro pieces can be reused haha)

I will report back if it does the job

Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #11
freddyfcs

Drives: soon
I was reading thru this and thought: why not the e92 system instead of the e90? As the e92 is a coupe and the e90 is a sedan
freddyfcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 AM   #12
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
For safety its all about the angles of the belts.

Watch those Schroth videos they might explain it better.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #13
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfcs View Post
I was reading thru this and thought: why not the e92 system instead of the e90? As the e92 is a coupe and the e90 is a sedan
Because some other forum member mentioned E90 system fits in our Camaros. I never really paid attention to that honestly
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
For safety its all about the angles of the belts.

Watch those Schroth videos they might explain it better.
Yes, I have watched all of them.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #14
Tracerz

Drives: Camaro SS 1le
Honestly; this is inherently dangerous, there are at least two other threads with formal responses from scroth specifically recommending against using a E90 harness; due to the angle and spine compression in the event of a wreck

This is not meant to confrontational, but run at your own risk
Tracerz is offline   Reply With Quote