Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #295
Hambo864

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
Hambo - very helpful thanks bud

JTRATX - I cut off the factory 45* (135*?) elbow that was there and will attach my Mishimoto catch can hose to it with a clamp. Btw if you don't have a catch can, most people would say get one asap. Hope that helps
There’s a Mishimoto catch can installed. It was one of the first things I did. Definitely worth it.
Hambo864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:36 AM   #296
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Nice to see that with the fins sanded down it'll fit under the strut bar.
does anyone have a photo of the mods that need to be done to clear the strut tower bar?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #297
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
does anyone have a photo of the mods that need to be done to clear the strut tower bar?
I took an angle grinder to the section right underneath the strut bar (GM convertible strut bar):

I'm going to use a fine-grit sandpaper to smooth everything out... eventually.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #298
JTRATX

Drives: 17 SS 1LE, 14 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
I took an angle grinder to the section right underneath the strut bar (GM convertible strut bar):
Where did you buy the 90* fitting? The line from the intake to catch can looks like.
JTRATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #299
Brettc83

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1ss
Has anyone deleted the pcv ports on the LT2 intake and valley cover? Just use an open air breather/catch can system from the valve covers. I Hate how high the intake pcv port is. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Or at least cut that port off and relocated with a new fitting elsewhere?
Brettc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #300
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRATX View Post
Where did you buy the 90* fitting? The line from the intake to catch can looks like.
I bought the "medium" elbow fitting from here https://www.addw1.com/products/ford-...s-snap-fitting
Old 01-10-2021, 06:21 PM   #301
Camarentino

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
So I’ve read through this entire thread ( took about an hour lol ) and I still have a couple of questions just to clarify.

1 - I understand that you will lose the o ring when porting for a 95mm tb, but do you need an adapter though or will the bolt holes line up with out one?

2 - When mounting the 95 tb would you use rtv or a gasket making material to cut out to the shape needed?

3 - to keep this as clean as possible, can you route the map sensor extension under the manifold or do you risk pinching the wires and or running into heat issues? If so is it possible to run 2 extensions together to run around the manifold instead of over top?

KN intake-MBRP cb- 2nd cat deletes- ACS sides- iroc Z spoiler- Eibach Pro- Katech 95TB- MSD Manifold-GM strut bar- Custom tune by Arun Ahuja @ CCPERF.ca

Camarentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #302
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarentino View Post
So I’ve read through this entire thread ( took about an hour lol ) and I still have a couple of questions just to clarify.

1 - I understand that you will lose the o ring when porting for a 95mm tb, but do you need an adapter though or will the bolt holes line up with out one?

2 - When mounting the 95 tb would you use rtv or a gasket making material to cut out to the shape needed?

3 - to keep this as clean as possible, can you route the map sensor extension under the manifold or do you risk pinching the wires and or running into heat issues? If so is it possible to run 2 extensions together to run around the manifold instead of over top?
1 The bolt holes will not line up with an LT5 throttlebody. From what I understand there are two ways to successfully mount the throttlebody to your LT2 manifold. The first involves widening the bolt holes on your throttlebody, which I wouldn't trust myself attempting) The second involves getting an adapter. I bought an ICT Billet Adapter from eBay. Includes 8 bolts (4 to mount the adapter to the LT2 and 4 to mount your throttlebody to the adapter). Also includes a flat gasket that goes in between the adapter and the LT2 And a rubber (silicone?) O-ring Gasket that fits right into the O-ring groove on the throttlebody side of the adapter. I ordered it from eBay costed me I think $51 shipped, it came in last week and it appears to be a very high-quality product, and I love that comes with everything you need to mount your 95 mm throttlebody to a ported LT2

2 No need to make a gasket if you order the adapter kit from eBay as I mentioned above

3 I forget who (6spdhprblue maybe??) but someone did this...check few pgs back

As for me, I'm so excited to bolt this setup (along with headers xpipe and flex fuel line, and get pray's remote tune) on my car when the weather warms back up and I can take it out of storage!!

Last edited by 17MaroSS; 01-13-2021 at 01:15 PM.
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 PM   #303
Camarentino

Excellent thank you 17maroSS for your advise. Much appreciated. I’m excited for this combo as well.

KN intake-MBRP cb- 2nd cat deletes- ACS sides- iroc Z spoiler- Eibach Pro- Katech 95TB- MSD Manifold-GM strut bar- Custom tune by Arun Ahuja @ CCPERF.ca

Old 01-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #304
Camarentino

So ict billet said this may not work with a PORTED 95. Can anyone confirm that it does work?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #305
Gr3m27

Drives: Camaro
The stock part number for a 2020 C8 TB is 12678223, the stock part number for a 2016-2020 Camaro is 12678223, so how does it not bolt up? Even in GPI's video where they did the testing they never mentioned any mods other than the shaving of the underbelly for the fuel pump. Am I missing somthing?

2017 Chevy Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS A8 GPI Ported Heads, GPI SS1 CAM, Rotofab CAI, Katech Ported TB, GPI Ported IM, TSP 1.78 Long Tube Headers, Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can, Chevrolet Performance Strut Tower Brace, Factory Reproduction Style 28 Wheels, Michelin PS4S

2017 Chevy Camaro Krypton Green ZL1 Rotofab CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Michelin PS4S
Gr3m27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #306

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
You do not need an adapter unless you go with the LT5 throttle body. I can confirm this part from ICT billet works with the LT5 throttle body and LT2 intake manifold.

https://www.ictbillet.com/gen-5-lt5-...or-lt4-sc.html

If you port the snout to ~95mm you will need the gasket that comes with that kit anyways (or something similar) because you will have to port into the o-ring groove.
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:33 PM   #307
Camarentino

777 I understand that but ict says if the throttle blade is larger than 95mm it may contact the adapter plate. I’m not sure if porters ; ie Pray Katech Soler, change the blade size or just clean up the throttle body for smoothness.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:36 PM   #308
Camarentino

Gr3m27 the manifold needs to be shaved underneath to clear the hpfp. We are talking about adding a lt5 95mm throttle body not a stock tb.