Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #183
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Just traded for a new 2016 Hyper Blue out my custom American Racing wheels on it. An Attractive Lady put her head around the gas pump am said she thought the car was beautiful. Didn't say anything about how I looked...oh well.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #184
Branight

Drives: 2016 2SS White M6
Never had anything but positive comments, everyone loves it.

2016 2SS M6, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Nav, mostly stock.
Branight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #185
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
A guy at the car how last week walked up to SSybil and said: "That's one mean lookin' son of a bit*h". I took it as a compliment.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #186
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCee66 View Post
Lot's of female compliments and some of these young borderline underage chicks ask could they ride with me!?. Only had a coworker hate on it because it was an auto and for some reason thought it was a V6. But alas it was jealousy because he bought black rims,like mine, and got an exhaust kit, I have NPP, and he did something to bump up his horses, so he said. Guess he really didnt like that my Camaro was newer than his ( Orange 2SS 2011).
Was he an older guy? Back in the late 60s and early 70s it wasn't a muscle car if it didn't have 4 on the floor. I am still not over the whole Dodge Charger being a sedan thing myself.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #187
Nlrhogfan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I was pumping gas and this new Ford F-150 pulls up beside me with a 15-16 year old girl driving with her dad in the passenger seat. He goes in to pay and she starts waving, smiling. I look around for who she is waving to, I'm mid 50's so not use to teenagers waving me down... she rolls down the window and say nice car, what year etc.. I tell her thanks as dad is walking back up. She says something to her dad and then gets out and asks if she can take pictures of my car. Here I thought it was just because I'm a stud 😜

Retired 2008 Corvette 4LT Vert
2004 Corvette 3LT Vert
2002 Camaro Z28
Nlrhogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #188
cjfeola

Drives: 2016 Convertible 1LT 2.0T
Nothing but compliments for my Summit White 16 vert. I traded in an original 2001 BMW X5 for the Camaro; bought the SUV when it was the very first one for BMW. Pretty much had the only one around for a couple of years in Dallas; valets would park it in the display spots. And yet I've gotten more compliments and remarks -- all positive -- in the first month with my 'vert than in 15 years with the X5.

I've had women bring a pickup truck to a screeching halt in the street to tell me they love my car. When I put the top up or down people stop and watch. I've even had the old ladies at my mom's retirement community asking "Who's the guy in the cute convertible?"

Cjf
cjfeola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #189
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Was cruising down the street running some errands and ran in to a load of Nassau County Police/highway Patrol ect. about to head out to the presidential debate. I first thought it was a check point and lowered my music and had the windows down as tints in this area a no no... What can i say, positive comments like always. It don't matter where i drive this car, it gets so much freakin love! - Check it out
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #190
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
Mostly positive but i went to my first car show with her, it was a bad turnout but no one wanted to talk to me about it, and just gave me dirty looks. Someone was there was a 2015 SS vert with his son who looked about my age and they just hovered about 5 feet away looking at me over there shoulder. Some old guy with a 1968 z/28 was like these cars are just dumb, they pull low 12's on the quarter mile and have air conditioning.

Was rather disappointing.... just wanted to start going to car shows with my girl (car = girl)
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #191
JTChief82

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS/ 2015 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post
Mostly positive but i went to my first car show with her, it was a bad turnout but no one wanted to talk to me about it, and just gave me dirty looks. Someone was there was a 2015 SS vert with his son who looked about my age and they just hovered about 5 feet away looking at me over there shoulder. Some old guy with a 1968 z/28 was like these cars are just dumb, they pull low 12's on the quarter mile and have air conditioning.

Was rather disappointing.... just wanted to start going to car shows with my girl (car = girl)
Man that is just sad. I could see Mustang guys being like that. But it's definitely a downer to have Camaro guys act like that.

I don't get the old guys comment. I really don't see anything wrong with that combo....
Old 09-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #192
Corrado68

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
It's sad to see that happening at a car show, where you should meet car people... true car people never dis-respect other people's car, because they know that, if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this is particularly true for cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #193
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
I had a similar experience at a show in 2015 with my '14 1LE (now traded for 6 gen SS) and none of the club members I went there with were talking to me or really looking at the car. Felt so out of place, as I was 1 of 4 5 gens to show, I guess most people didn't realise what the 1LE was.

As for the compliments in the 6 gen, I noticed it's mainly cougars smiling and giving compliments, the Flowmaster Outlaw probably helps to get there attention a lot faster lol
thundercrakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:11 AM   #194
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
because she's hinting to him "i'd like to be riding in that instead"... lol
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:04 AM   #195
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
On the road trip, I actually had people pull into car washes (we washed the car at the end of the day) and give comments. At one café, a man and his wife walked out and she said that she wanted to trade the husband for the car. It was all in good fun, but there were a lot of very positive comments all along the way.

The best was meeting up with the Mustang owners in the Badlands. Great compliments all around. Yes, in the Badlands National Park, pretty far from anywhere.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #196
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Last night heading into a liquor store a guy standing outside said. "The profile of your car looks great!"

I thought wow what an interesting compliment. Most people just say "nice car".

Walking out of the store just a minute later the guy who was in line before me was bent over at the waste checking out the wheels and looking the car over. When I came out he asked "is this a Camaro?" He obviously liked it....can't remember what else he said.

few days ago a group of kids (boys and girls around 13 years old) were standing at a bustop and one of the boys called out "I really like your car" as I was driving by. It's a really slow street and I had the windows down.

Know I've posted in this thread before. But it happens all the time.
edit:
Actually met and befriended a female coworker who absolutely loves my car. She asks to trade cars, threatens to steal it, and literally tells other coworkers "he has the nicest car". It's almost embarrassing.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 09-28-2016 at 02:12 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote