Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #29
suzook

Drives: camaro
This rattling exhaust is a godamn joke! Obviously GM doesnt give 2 $hits. Its been 8 mos since this car has been out, and no real fix. Something needs to be done for this $895 BROKEN option. Sure I can drive around in track and not hear a rattle, but I paid for an adjustable exhaust, it should work properly.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #30
gmurad

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is the First and Last time I buy a GM car. GM doesn't have good customer support to deal with clients that buy cars of this price.
gmurad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #31
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
With some back and forth with GM customer care. I thought it was going to be resolved.
I had to tell them about the TSB. I Was told the service manager was going to contact me....for more than a week I never heard a peep.

I went in for an alignment, told them agian about the fix and they ordered the glue. I can bring my car in next week.

So, besides documenting the issue, GM customer care did nothing. The dealer totally ignored me until I went in myself.
I said it before and I'll say it again, why is GM Canada wasting their money on the GM Customer Care Line, that department is USELESS...all they do is refer you to your dealership...FOR EVERYTHING!

After all the issues I hear people having with cars over the years, and lack of support to fix them, sometimes I wish GM had not received the gov't. bailout and just gone bellyup.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #32
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Dropped the Monster off tonight for the Glue. Hope the Elmers works. I'll get back the end of the week to report

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #33
ZKJR88

Drives: 2017 CAMARO RS
I hope they fixed this for the 2017s.
ZKJR88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #34
Dcsimpkins

Drives: 2016 RS Summit White Black Stripe
My dealer didn't believe the fix would last so they just replaced the whole exhaust rather than mess around and having it come back multiple times. Hasn't squeaked or rattled since.
Dcsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #35
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsimpkins View Post
My dealer didn't believe the fix would last so they just replaced the whole exhaust rather than mess around and having it come back multiple times. Hasn't squeaked or rattled since.
How long has it been or how much mileage have you put on since the replacement?
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #36
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

A qik preliminary report.
Pick up the car today with the wife. I had a hernia repair last Friday so I won't be driving my Monster for a little while.
Had her start it up, no rattle while it warmed up in sport mode. Had her switch to Tour and rev it a few times, no rattle. Finally went into the home screen and switched it to stealth, a few nice revs and no rattles.
So, like they say.....So far so good.
I will reserve final judgement until I get to drive it, hopefully on the weekend. Hard enough to get into the minivan

Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 AM   #37
scrape

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI
They seem to drop the ball on all aspects. They don't seem to care about the enthusiast who buys a car like this, Corvette or even a CTS V for that fact. People pay huge money for these cars and they don't give a rats a$$ about things. And this is why I ended up buying a competitor's car instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurad View Post
This is the First and Last time I buy a GM car. GM doesn't have good customer support to deal with clients that buy cars of this price.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 AM   #38
Dcsimpkins

Drives: 2016 RS Summit White Black Stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
How long has it been or how much mileage have you put on since the replacement?

It's been 2 months and 2400kms since replacement
Dcsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #39
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrape View Post
They seem to drop the ball on all aspects. They don't seem to care about the enthusiast who buys a car like this, Corvette or even a CTS V for that fact. People pay huge money for these cars and they don't give a rats a$$ about things. And this is why I ended up buying a competitor's car instead.

More people are going to do the same in the near future if GM doesn't change their ways.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #40
Cal602

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post

More people are going to do the same in the near future if GM doesn't change their ways.
GM doesn't give a rats ass. I had a crappy experience when my SS finally arrived this past March. Dealer was trying to pass off the price increase to me, stating the price I negotiated and had a signed contract for wasn't "price protected". In fact, when it got heated, the sales manager suggested he wasn't under any obligation to release the car to me because the contract had no VIN on it. That's not what I wanted to hear after waiting 3 months. I held firm and got my car, but I submitted a pretty critical survey in April, heard nothing, followed up a few weeks ago, was told by someone they would look into it and, of course, no response to date. It's a joke.
Cal602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #41
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal602 View Post
GM doesn't give a rats ass. I had a crappy experience when my SS finally arrived this past March. Dealer was trying to pass off the price increase to me, stating the price I negotiated and had a signed contract for wasn't "price protected". In fact, when it got heated, the sales manager suggested he wasn't under any obligation to release the car to me because the contract had no VIN on it. That's not what I wanted to hear after waiting 3 months. I held firm and got my car, but I submitted a pretty critical survey in April, heard nothing, followed up a few weeks ago, was told by someone they would look into it and, of course, no response to date. It's a joke.
I don't know how this organization continues to exist in this country...I've said it before and I'll say it again, maybe we shouldn't of bailed them out in 2008/09.

Back then I supported the bailout, to save the jobs for all those GREAT PEOPLE that work in Oshawa...who always seem to get the shaft when it comes to job security in Canada.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:10 PM   #42
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Hi.
So I drove the Monster Yesterday and a little today. Only about 100km.
Different modes. High revs and loaded it going up hill.

No Rattles. -to my surprise.

So yes, they glued my $1000 performance exhaust.....and it works.

I am so happy my exhaust sounds like it should. Falling in Love all over again.