Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #15
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Since I have been told that the Exhaust Rattle that has developed only on the right side is Normal.....maybe I need to talk to that Customer Care Team.
You are aware, as I am sure GM is, the extent this Faulty Exhuast (that we paid $900 for) is causing customers headaches.
Please provide information on contact info for the Customer Care Team.
Thank You.
Not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but what I read is that you can pull a fuse and the NPP will remain always open. I know this is obviously not a fix, but i'm wondering if this would stop the rattle until Chevrolet can figure out a way to fix it the right way. Or it might not affect it at all and it still rattles, unfortunately I don't have a camaro to try it on. Just food for thought.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #16
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I don't want to start my car 4:30 in the morning with the valves open

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Since I have been told that the Exhaust Rattle that has developed only on the right side is Normal.....maybe I need to talk to that Customer Care Team.
You are aware, as I am sure GM is, the extent this Faulty Exhuast (that we paid $900 for) is causing customers headaches.
Thank You.
Hello BradfordCamaro,

I’m sorry to see you’re having these exhaust concerns, and that you were dissatisfied with the results of your dealership visit. As mentioned in my other post, the Customer Care team in Canada would indeed be in the best position to assist you further, so I would be happy to forward your information to them. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, involved dealer, and previous case number so that we may take the next steps.

I look forward to your response,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #18
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi ShadowPuppet,

I can understand your frustration with this exhaust rattle, as it’s not what you expected out of your Camaro. I’m glad to see you’re able to get your vehicle into the dealership next week, and will be addressing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, I would be happy to connect you with our Customer Care team in Canada, as they would be in the best position to do so. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime!

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello BradfordCamaro,

I’m sorry to see you’re having these exhaust concerns, and that you were dissatisfied with the results of your dealership visit. As mentioned in my other post, the Customer Care team in Canada would indeed be in the best position to assist you further, so I would be happy to forward your information to them. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, involved dealer, and previous case number so that we may take the next steps.

I look forward to your response,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
It would be nice if GM Canada took some interest in having Reps on the forums, like the U.S. does.
I also follow your work and interest on the Corvette forums.
Good Job GM U.S.

You call GM Canada Cust. Serv. all I ever get is the response "Your dealership is the best person to help you with that".
Then they laugh at you on the phone when they see that you've made previous calls to the center.

It's pretty sad when you have to ask for help from U.S. sources to resolve problems in Canada.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #19
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
I second that, I sometimes wonder why do they even have a call centre in Canada. They never ever had an answer to any of my questions, all they do is refer me to my dealer. They are basically paid to tell customers to contact the dealership, Let alone the GM chat lol

TPW 5/2
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:06 AM   #20
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Not saying it's not your exhausts but I had a rattle since I got my 2011 which I thought was exhaust related but it turned out to be the seat rails under my back seat which required welding to repair, after almost three years I can't tell yo how glad I am it's gone.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #21
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Haven't had any issues with my car but that sounds horrible, I'm surprised GM has no fix for that.
Illmaticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:25 AM   #22
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
Hey there, any updates?
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #23
jdream

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Thank You.
I just noticed a rattle/annoying sound coming from my right exhaust last night. I have 1200kms.

Bradford Camaro, are you familiar with the front seats not reclining back or read anyone else on this forum having same issue? My front seat is about 4 inches from touching the back seat. I've been told this is normal. But not very comfortable. But the passenger seat doesn't recline at all.
jdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #24
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Apparently none of your dealerships know that there is now a fix for this exhaust rattle from the rear of the vehicle.

#16-NA-173: Exhaust Rattle Originating from Rear of Vehicle - (May 27, 2016)

Equipped with Performance Exhaust RPO NPP

Some customers may comment on an exhaust rattle originating from the rear of the vehicle.

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/image_en_us/g...08/4508506.gif

This may be caused by the ceramic pin on the exhaust valve.

There is a whole procedure on this that goes into great detail on how to repair this concern. It involves Applying Epoxy to Exhaust Valve Pins... yep, that's the fix.

I know about this because the exhaust has been rattling on my car, replaced it at 950 miles at the request of gm's technical assistance center. The new exhaust started rattling again at 1700 miles. At that time I looked back into it and found there was a new bulletin with this repair, and it actually works. I was told to replace my exhaust on 5-25-16 by GM tac action center that had people dealing specifically with 2016 camaro's... and this new bulletin came out on the 27th that states not to replace the exhaust for this concern.. hah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #25
Dcsimpkins

Drives: 2016 RS Summit White Black Stripe
Dealer received my new exhaust today to get rid of the rattle. It goes in Monday for the replacement. I hope this one is better and glad they didn't try and fix the original one
Dcsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #26
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

I am waiting for someone from GM to contact me.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #27
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
BradfordCamaro, did you ever get your rattle taken care of?
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:40 AM   #28
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
BradfordCamaro, did you ever get your rattle taken care of?
With some back and forth with GM customer care. I thought it was going to be resolved.
I had to tell them about the TSB. I Was told the service manager was going to contact me....for more than a week I never heard a peep.

I went in for an alignment, told them agian about the fix and they ordered the glue. I can bring my car in next week.

So, besides documenting the issue, GM customer care did nothing. The dealer totally ignored me until I went in myself.