Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
cammyfive

Drives: 2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0T
Results of tuning/downpipe on a '16 Cadillac ATS 2.0T automatic

Hello, friends. I joined this forum a while back so I could explore the upcoming aftermarket support for the 2.0T LTG that you guys will surely have. I did want to provide some real world results of my 2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0T 8speed automatic. I didn't dyno totally stock so I'm going to have to *estimate* gains based on what I've seen from stock Camaro 2.0T automatic dynos. The first picture is of what I saw an aftermarket company post of their baseline dyno on a totally stock Camaro 2.0T automatic. Now I know it may not be the exact same as what my car would have dynoed 100% stock but let's just say I think it would be close. The next picture is my baseline which was with a ZZP Performance high flow cat downpipe but everything else stock. The final picture shows the result of custom dyno tuning using HP Tuners at a shop that tunes a lot of GM vehicles.

I'm not the most technical guy in the world but will try to answer any questions that anybody does have about my car and the tuning/mods.
Attached Images

cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
cammyfive

Correction: Upon re-reading I see that the car in the baseline Camaro 2.0T was a 6MT. Still....gives an *approximation*
Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Looks good. Get the thing breathing a bit better. Should compliment the downpipe and tune. Only thing next would be turbo mods and see how well she holds up ))) keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
cammyfive

My next, and final, power mods are upgraded turbo internals (same size turbo, just upgraded turbine and such internally) from TRS Fabrication as well as a larger front mounted intercooler (the stock one is a joke and cuts back power considerably). My hope is that after retuning with those two modifications I can get from 285whp/318wtq to 325ish whp/350wtq.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
How much better does the car feel with the dp and tune? Kinda a silly question. No doubt it feels better!

Is traction an issue? My car stock has zero traction issues. Tc turned off and its not even close to having traction issues.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
cammyfive

It feels great. I've adjusted to it after having driven it a few thousand miles and now when I jump into a stock 2.0T ATS it feels like a let down. Traction is fine. I can break the rear loose in corners with TC and Stabiltrack but it's controllable. If I can find a way to upload a video I had a clip where I was on on the back straight at VIR and stayed right on the rear bumper of 2015 Camaro SS at full throttle. Not scientific but hopefully conveys an idea.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #7
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyfive View Post
My next, and final, power mods are upgraded turbo internals (same size turbo, just upgraded turbine and such internally) from TRS Fabrication as well as a larger front mounted intercooler (the stock one is a joke and cuts back power considerably). My hope is that after retuning with those two modifications I can get from 285whp/318wtq to 325ish whp/350wtq.
I got an email back from ZZP and they said they are working a rods, and pistons for the LTG.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:37 AM   #8
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Great dynos. I had a 2015 ATS (sold it to my Dad) and I had planned on doing a downpipe + tune. May have to convince him to do it too for approx 50-60 hp at the crank based on your numbers.

That trans is only rated to about 330 ft-lbs of torque though unless the new 8-speed is stronger. Although you're not really drag racing it too often, is my guess.
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:09 AM   #9
cammyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
I got an email back from ZZP and they said they are working a rods, and pistons for the LTG.
Yeah, so is Bad News Racing (sourced from somewhere else....). If possible I want to stay out of the engine internals but.......
Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #10
cammyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRedFirebird View Post
Great dynos. I had a 2015 ATS (sold it to my Dad) and I had planned on doing a downpipe + tune. May have to convince him to do it too for approx 50-60 hp at the crank based on your numbers.

That trans is only rated to about 330 ft-lbs of torque though unless the new 8-speed is stronger. Although you're not really drag racing it too often, is my guess.
I'll end up taking it to the drag strip to see where I end up, but most of my motorsports energy is focused at long tracks like VIR which is all of 45 miles from where I live.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
BNR is a ZZP reseller.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #12
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Watch any zzp parts you buy for defects/damage. I've ordered multiple car mods from them since 2012 and there is always a subpar item that'll ruin your OMG new car part mood. Especially for Canadian customers, it's like they send all the slightly damaged parts to us.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
cammyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Watch any zzp parts you buy for defects/damage. I've ordered multiple car mods from them since 2012 and there is always a subpar item that'll ruin your OMG new car part mood. Especially for Canadian customers, it's like they send all the slightly damaged parts to us.
Wow, that sucks. I've only purchased the downpipe from them....so far so good.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #14
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
That sucks. I've ordered plenty of parts from them, and no problems. I think my cobalt is still running out there somewhere in the US. LOL