Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-30-2023, 05:39 PM   #15
LT14EVA

Drives: Camaro
It’s rather incredible how so many simply can’t stay on camaro6 topics.
LT14EVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:30 PM   #16
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT14EVA View Post
It’s rather incredible how so many simply can’t stay on camaro6 topics.
I apologize. I’ve said my peace, back to our regularly scheduled programming

With the elimination of the turbo 4 option I bet those looking at V6 trims will see the LT1 trim isn’t much more and go for the gusto. So that’s a possibility as to why they’re opting for a larger V8 mix.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #17

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supr4n3 View Post
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/07...v8-lt1-engine/

With a limited production run for 2024, any idea on how "60% more" V8s will be made than in 2023?
It looks like a bunch of nothing, especially after reading this opening line:

"The 2024 Chevy Camaro is the final model year for the current sixth-generation sports car, offering up a few crucial updates and changes compared to the preceding 2023 model year",,,,,

Like crucial what?...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:38 PM   #18
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
I'm not sure how to interpret this news. In 2023, two dealers told me it would be easier to get a ZL1 than an SS.

And sure enough, I got the ZL1 I ordered. If the dealers had told me the opposite, maybe I would've settled for an SS...but things went my way.

Another fun fact: I believe that early in Gen6, the LT4 engines in ZL1s were not made in Bowling Green, but for 2023, they were, and mine has the builder's name plate.

As for government mandates, it's time to get over it. After 2024, the best muscle cars and super cars will be hybrid and electric. That way, maybe our great grandchildren will have a planet to live on. So how is it that I have a new ZL1? Well, I don't feel too bad because my private solar power station produces 80% of the electricity I use.
They've had the builders nameplates on them for a bit now. I think they started producing them back in Bowling Green 2020.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:40 PM   #19
Supr4n3

Drives: amg s63, ram TRX
Quote:
Another fun fact: I believe that early in Gen6, the LT4 engines in ZL1s were not made in Bowling Green, but for 2023, they were, and mine has the builder's name plate.
That would be great in for the 24s. Also in TPW of 8/7, so we will see how many weeks before it gets cold up north I can drive it this year with those logistic nightmares.
Supr4n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:43 PM   #20
Supr4n3

Drives: amg s63, ram TRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
It looks like a bunch of nothing, especially after reading this opening line:

"The 2024 Chevy Camaro is the final model year for the current sixth-generation sports car, offering up a few crucial updates and changes compared to the preceding 2023 model year",,,,,

Like crucial what?...lol
Crucial like taking more money out of our pockets just to raid the parts bin?!?!
Supr4n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:54 PM   #21
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:

As for government mandates, it's time to get over it. After 2024, the best muscle cars and super cars will be hybrid and electric. That way, maybe our great grandchildren will have a planet to live on. So how is it that I have a new ZL1? Well, I don't feel too bad because my private solar power station produces 80% of the electricity I use.
Attached Images

Current mileage: 310
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 07:54 PM   #22
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Yeah the logistics part is the longest part of the wait. It could be sitting in the Lansing yard for 2 weeks then at any rail transfer yard for another few weeks.

Meanwhile I live a 2.5 hour drive away from Lansing. I could go rent the truck and trailer, drive up to Lansing, bring it back to my dealer, take the rental back while my dealer does PDI, go BACK to my dealer to sign the papers and pay for it, and be home before the sun goes down!!
FYI - I live about 2 hours from the LGR plant. Once I finally got the dealership off of their butts and forced them to use an allocation on my build I got a TPW...the build was started on the Monday of the TPW, was built and out into the field by Wednesday, and it was at the dealership Friday morning of the target production week.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:22 PM   #23
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
FYI - I live about 2 hours from the LGR plant. Once I finally got the dealership off of their butts and forced them to use an allocation on my build I got a TPW...the build was started on the Monday of the TPW, was built and out into the field by Wednesday, and it was at the dealership Friday morning of the target production week.
Good to know, thanks. I have a TPW of August 7th, I’m at at least 3000 but haven’t talked to my dealer for a couple weeks so I’m not exactly sure what code I’m at right at this minute. Maybe I’ll be lucky and get it by the end of that week too!
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-31-2023, 05:03 AM   #24
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Good to know, thanks. I have a TPW of August 7th, I’m at at least 3000 but haven’t talked to my dealer for a couple weeks so I’m not exactly sure what code I’m at right at this minute. Maybe I’ll be lucky and get it by the end of that week too!
Good to hear you have a TPW! Believe it or not GM tends to stick pretty close to their TPW's. Barring some unforeseen, last minute parts problem your dealership will know, and should inform you when your order goes into production on your TPW. But keep in mind that I ordered a RS/V8/M6 W/Duel mode exhaust, tech package, W/carbon flash wheels, so I didn't have to wait for any parts. Call me old school, but I didn't want all of the electronic BS annoying my drive. My wife has all of the annoying BS on her Blazer and I hate it!
I wanted a pure drivers car without paying for the annoying nanny features like the mirror warnings of vehicles next to me. It's a friggen mirror! If a cars next to me I'll see it in the mirror!
First thing I did when I got it in my driveway was to take the few minutes it took to install the CAGS eliminator on the M6. When it came to Onstar, I told the Onstar rep that all I wanted was the free trial and didn't give them any more information other then to shut it down after the free trial.
Good luck, I hope you get your wheels soon! Once you get a TPW you're almost there!
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:28 AM   #25
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
Good to hear you have a TPW! Believe it or not GM tends to stick pretty close to their TPW's. Barring some unforeseen, last minute parts problem your dealership will know, and should inform you when your order goes into production on your TPW. But keep in mind that I ordered a RS/V8/M6 W/Duel mode exhaust, tech package, W/carbon flash wheels, so I didn't have to wait for any parts. Call me old school, but I didn't want all of the electronic BS annoying my drive. My wife has all of the annoying BS on her Blazer and I hate it!
I wanted a pure drivers car without paying for the annoying nanny features like the mirror warnings of vehicles next to me. It's a friggen mirror! If a cars next to me I'll see it in the mirror!
First thing I did when I got it in my driveway was to take the few minutes it took to install the CAGS eliminator on the M6. When it came to Onstar, I told the Onstar rep that all I wanted was the free trial and didn't give them any more information other then to shut it down after the free trial.
Good luck, I hope you get your wheels soon! Once you get a TPW you're almost there!
Well, I’m generally in agreement with you on the tech stuff. I got the 2SS mainly for dual zone climate control which is a must when you have a girlfriend who almost insists on wearing a parka when it’s colder than 98 degrees outside, and you keep the house at 68. GM just throws the kitchen sink at the car when you order a “2” level trim…… or they should have just made dual zone climate control standard across all Camaros. It’s pretty much standard on most cars now anyway.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 07-31-2023, 01:15 PM   #26
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:

Here is how it is going to go with me my gas station stops are 5 min tops I pay at the pump fill up from a quarter/empty and leave that is with my handicap. How it is with both our cars. If it takes longer than that to charge a car it will not be owned by me.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:33 PM   #27
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
I won't give up my buggy, dangit....

15 years from now, we'll all be dailying whatever is sold mass-market. If it's electric, so be it.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:47 PM   #28
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Going to take longer than 15 years. Average age of vehicles on the Road is 13 years old.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote