Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #43
jspt46

Drives: ‘17 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I believe a regular nt05 is a normal street tire. The R is a DR
I looked at the nto5 on discount tire direct and it doesn’t have much tread in the middle of the tire. If it’s a regular street tire, I’d be scared to run those on the fronts. I’ll check into it more. Thanks for the post.
jspt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #44
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Best bet is to find a couple of wheels dedicated for DR's or slicks.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #45
jspt46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
Best bet is to find a couple of wheels dedicated for DR's or slicks.
Good idea, but for me that would be a PITA. I can’t find a DR to fit the stock 20” rim so I’m gonna go with the Toyo r888r for the rear stock rims. These will be streetable enough for me as my car sits in the garage most of the time and these tires should hook better than stock rubber
Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 PM   #46
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Ran NT05 on my GTO with 620 RWHP. Third started to hook. Drove it year round in Georgia. They were fine in freezing temps and in downpours. Just drive normal.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #47
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
pretty good advice, just would like to add my .02. Yes a tune is great and essential of course, a flex fuel tune is better. I paid big money for a shop to dyno tune my car. Iit made OK power but ran shitty and had quirks. I eventually bought hp tuners and some training classes and im tuning my car with help (street tune). I found tons of stuff they did wrong etc. Car pulls way harder now and im not done tuning yet and its just on 93. Point of the story is dont just take it any where cause some of these shops get all twisted up on the GEN 5 power train ( DI stuff). Make sure you find a good shop that has done them with good reviews etc, Seems like alot of shops still think they can get away with calibrating/tuning the MAF on these things but you cant... I basically gave a 850 dollar donation to this shop plus 250 for a "update".....
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #48
jspt46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
pretty good advice, just would like to add my .02. Yes a tune is great and essential of course, a flex fuel tune is better. I paid big money for a shop to dyno tune my car. Iit made OK power but ran shitty and had quirks. I eventually bought hp tuners and some training classes and im tuning my car with help (street tune). I found tons of stuff they did wrong etc. Car pulls way harder now and im not done tuning yet and its just on 93. Point of the story is dont just take it any where cause some of these shops get all twisted up on the GEN 5 power train ( DI stuff). Make sure you find a good shop that has done them with good reviews etc, Seems like alot of shops still think they can get away with calibrating/tuning the MAF on these things but you cant... I basically gave a 850 dollar donation to this shop plus 250 for a "update".....
Excellent advise. I will def do my homework
Old 04-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #49
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
Aren't you near Livernois? That sucks man.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #50
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
Aren't you near Livernois? That sucks man.
Yea but i dont think livernoise uses hptuners, also there pretty hard to get into. I went there with my friend who wanted to get a head cam package 2 years ago and it took 3 weeks to get a quote. Shop was filled with vettes etc, they basically didnt want the buisness. Its hard to explain but alot of these places want to build your car, i think at one point they werent even tuneing cars unless it was one they built or installed a package on. They want the big money etc, they really seem to be pushing there hand helds and stuff. I really dont know how good there tuner would be, or better words would be how therough. If they dont put the time in to actually go threw the tune or have done 10 of em to be qucik, probably wont be that good.... especially if they have a 10 car lineup. Very hard to say though, ive heard decent things about livernois so who knows.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #51
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Can’t get in. Don’t seem to want your business. Insane prices. I didn’t even try this time around with my 16. Got hptuners
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #52
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Can’t get in. Don’t seem to want your business. Insane prices. I didn’t even try this time around with my 16. Got hptuners
yup... they want the customer with a corvette and blank check.