Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #29
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
This Xpel is amazing stuff! It obviously won't stop a bullet, but it's ability to protect and self heal has changed my life. Worth EVERY dollar.

Do your research on installers though. Cheap quote usually means cheap job.
+1 this.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #30
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
PPF...I have Xpel on most of the car.
Then use a good sealer and detailer.
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #31
Ichabod

Drives: 2018 zl1 1LE
No, it may add a tiny bit of shine to the matte hood but to be 100% honest i dont notice a difference. I did my SS 1le this way and have been doing my zle since i bought it this passed april.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTRS777 View Post
Interesting... did it affect the matte black or discolor/alter the carbon fiber? I may just bite the bullet and order the latest blackfire ceramic package and see how it does. Maybe those warnings are more toward acidic off the shelf cleaners and such?
2017 Ram 1500
Ichabod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #32
19ZL1/1LE

Drives: 19 Camaro ZL1/1LE. 69 Camaro SS/RS
I use P&S Beadmaker on everything on the ZLE. Tested a spot where the matte wrap folds under the hood. No change in appearance, works great on everything.
19ZL1/1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #33
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ZL1/1LE View Post
I use P&S Beadmaker on everything on the ZLE. Tested a spot where the matte wrap folds under the hood. No change in appearance, works great on everything.
I use a sealer over the PPF and then use P&S Bead Maker as well after a wash. Between washes, I clean it up with P&S Paint Gloss Spray.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #34
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Hey I forgot you got a ZLE, it'll be nice to talk to you over here now as well!

Yah, my M3 and M4 were black, hyper blue (I think it is called) can be a pain I'm guessing, but obviously not as bad as black.
beautiful color man, enjoy!! good to see ya here
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #35
leomio85

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Collinite 845

This stuff is magical.

If you want something with some mild paint correction properties, Klasse All-in-One is solid.
leomio85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #36
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
1. PPF front Clip, rockers and behind each wheel. Not whole car.

2. Wash regularly with soap (I like Meguires Gold Wash) and water and soft microfiber mit.

3. Use wash mitt on outside of wheels and appropriate soft brush to clean insides of wheels. Use separate water bucket for wheels and tires vs. the rest of the car. I have a separate tire brush.

4. Dry gently with Waffle Towel, and then with Wholly Mammoth double-sided Microfiber rag.

5. Dress Tires and desired.

6. Remove any surface scratches with Meg. Scratch Remover Polish.

7. Wax every several weeks (I use Meg. Tech 2.0 or something like that). I use the sponge applicator that comes with the Wax, and then dedicated edgeless microfiber towels to remove the wax.

8. Glass Cleaner for windows.

9. Damp towel to wipe interior.

10. Occasional Alcantara cleaner on Steering Wheel, portions of Seats and Shifter Boot.

Ceramic Coatings not needed or worth it (at least to me).

Btw, you will get 100s of ideas here!
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #37
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
beautiful color man, enjoy!! good to see ya here
Thanks, appreciate it!
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #38
CAPTRS777

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE HBM 14 SALEEN 620[S]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post

Exactly what I am hoping and thanks for all your input! I was hoping for more realistic/user experiences vs the same 5 19.95$ sealant spray ads that rotate on facebook nonstop. Spoiler alert: they all beat each other in each other's testing
CAPTRS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #39
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
1. PPF front Clip, rockers and behind each wheel. Not whole car.

2. Wash regularly with soap (I like Meguires Gold Wash) and water and soft microfiber mit.

3. Use wash mitt on outside of wheels and appropriate soft brush to clean insides of wheels. Use separate water bucket for wheels and tires vs. the rest of the car. I have a separate tire brush.

4. Dry gently with Waffle Towel, and then with Wholly Mammoth double-sided Microfiber rag.

5. Dress Tires and desired.

6. Remove any surface scratches with Meg. Scratch Remover Polish.

7. Wax every several weeks (I use Meg. Tech 2.0 or something like that). I use the sponge applicator that comes with the Wax, and then dedicated edgeless microfiber towels to remove the wax.

8. Glass Cleaner for windows.

9. Damp towel to wipe interior.

10. Occasional Alcantara cleaner on Steering Wheel, portions of Seats and Shifter Boot.

Ceramic Coatings not needed or worth it (at least to me).

Like I previously said - PPF... Quick once over with a quality spray detailer and I'll be cutting the corners when you're still putting water in the bucket lol.

Sorry....

Once you have experienced the joy of PPF you'll never go back. It's amazing in every respect.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #40
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Lots of interesting comments about the ceramic coating.

I was not aware that some people were having issues with the ceramic coating after waxing their cars.

I'm wondering if I should not have my Shellby ceramic coated.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #41
leomio85

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
PPF... Quick once over with a quality spray detailer and I'll be cutting the corners when you're still putting water in the bucket lol.

Sorry....

Once you have experienced the joy of PPF you'll never go back. It's amazing in every respect.

You PPF'd the whole car? How much did that run?
leomio85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #42
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
This car was my first car that I’ve ever had coated.
You will want to take into consideration that ceramic coating will not protect against etching from bird and bug droppings, and watermarks will etch into it as well. The coating itself is also semi-permanent; meaning in 2-5 years depending on what you buy you will have to have what is left removed, and reapplied. The coating will protect against light abrasions, but I can tell you that I had a cat jump on my car and its nails went right through the alleged 5 coats of ceramic pro 9h coating, but not through the clear.
The car did look beautiful when I received it back, but 2 years later its paint is actually in worse condition than my past cars without coating because you’re not supposed to clay it or polish it.
you get to use fallout remover on it; which I’ve tried many brands and they aren’t as anywhere near as effective as clay, and use special ceramic laced soaps, then blow dry your car instead of towel off. there is wax out now for ceramic coatings; I bought it (@ $100), and found out really quick that if you put it on thick its really hard to get it off.
if you get up on the car and look into the paint after cleaning now I can see shadows in the paint from the coating application and wear.
If the car was not coated I would be able to polish it out and based on my previous uncoated cars it would look better.
I do not think I will have another car coated in the future.
I thought the ceramic coating was supposed to be like secondary layer of clear coat as such I thought you could treat it just like the clear coat from the OEM.

I've never heard anywhere that you're not supposed to polish it or clay it.

I use Adam's spray detailer on my Camaro and hellcat, which are both ceramic coated, and they both come out looking amazing without any shadows or weirdness in the paint.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote