Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-23-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Pros/Cons to BAP/AUX Pump?

Anyone with first hand experience on both fueling components?

Does a aux fuel pump make more sense than a voltage booster if you think you might one day, talk yourself into more upgrades?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I have an aux pump and a LT4 in-pump. I have my aux pump running on a boost reference. I like the concept of an aux but I also like boost a pumps. They both have their place. If you are running some boost (8-12) pounds, some nitrous (100 shot), some ethanol (50%), then you may be able to get by with just a boost a pump. But when you start running more boost, more nitrous, higher ethanol content you may need to add a second pump.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Look at you Epx, you have successfully found a reason for me to spend more money when I thought I was done...I assume I am going to be right at the limit of the upgraded fuel system very shortly.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #4
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I have an aux pump and a LT4 in-pump. I have my aux pump running on a boost reference. I like the concept of an aux but I also like boost a pumps. They both have their place. If you are running some boost (8-12) pounds, some nitrous (100 shot), some ethanol (50%), then you may be able to get by with just a boost a pump. But when you start running more boost, more nitrous, higher ethanol content you may need to add a second pump.
Great info Turbo. That makes sense.

TBD performance
Old 05-23-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Look at you Epx, you have successfully found a reason for me to spend more money when I thought I was done...I will probably be right at the fuel limit here soon.
Do you run ethanol? Do you have a LT4 intank? Turning up the boost?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
Drsagacity

Quote:
Do you run ethanol? Do you have a LT4 intank? Turning up the boost?
I have all of the upgraded fuel components sitting at the house (zl1 in-tank, lt4 injectors, lt4 hpfp, BAP, E85 sensor). I am getting all of the other performance items from JRE and we should have things finalized and ordered tomorrow: rough idle cam, headers, forged pistons.

I am not sure if I will be using the 90mm pulley (to maintain boost), or if I will go to the 85mm pulley...part of the final configuration discussion.

EPX and I had this conversation offline...I think he enjoys making me spend more money. My #projectundertheradar is in jeapardy of being uncovered soon if this madness doesn’t stop.

TBD performance
Old 05-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I have all of the upgraded fuel components sitting at the house (zl1 in-tank, lt4 injectors, lt4 hpfp, BAP, E85 sensor). I am getting all of the other performance items from JRE and we should have things finalized and ordered tomorrow: rough idle cam, headers, forged pistons.

I am not sure if I will be using the 90mm pulley (to maintain boost), or if I will go to the 85mm pulley...part of the final configuration discussion.

EPX and I had this conversation offline...I think he enjoys making me spend more money. My #projectundertheradar is in jeapardy of being uncovered soon if this madness doesn’t stop.
Man she's gonna be a mean ride. With the forged pistons you could turn the boost up some. Are you going with the Vengeance Racing pistons? JRE does good builds.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #8
Drsagacity

Quote:
Man she's gonna be a mean ride. With the forged pistons you could turn the boost up some. Are you going with the Vengeance Racing pistons? JRE does good builds.
Getting the forged pistons from JRE too. That is the question now...I will lose some boost with headers, probably gain back with the 90mm pulley. If I go to 85mm pulley, I would assume that will be near 9psi. I guess I will ultimately have everything from Ted’s super street brawler package, but will have added the forged pistons.

Actually, I just looked up his other thread on the Super Street Brawler and yes, running 85mm pulley with e85, I should be right around 725whp. Gonna be sick for sure.

TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 05-23-2018 at 08:49 PM.