Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Exclamation Forged Wheel Super Sale & Buyer's Guide - Best Pricing & Service Guaranteed :)

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ben and I own WEAPON-X Motorsports. While we make and sell a lot of products, I have done THOUSANDS of wheels since 2010 for customers all over the world and have the lowest prices on the planet! I've been doing a lot of wheels for Gen6 Camaros too, but just haven't had time to post them.

I will give you my BEST quote up front on what you requested as well as some other options that you might like as well! I'm not the carpet salesman type who will give you my best price till someone else offers you something less and then all of a sudden find a little more savings for you trying to secure the deal. I have been a car enthusiast from the time I could walk, handed down from my father's love for Chevrolet and eventually a custom wheel fanatic and can recall 25 years ago flipping through SuperStreet Magazine, drooling over a set of twin spoke Momo monoblock wheels for months that I wanted so bad for my Stealth Twin Turbo. Ya know what, I never did get those wheels haha, but it's no surprise that I grew up a big kid and both of these loves have continued. It's not uncommon for me to have 3-4 sets of wheels for a car and go through them regularly. Now some of these are for street, track, and drag strip, but I do frequently change up the look too.

Now, I do have my own little boutique American made wheel line WEAPON-X Forged and it's no secret, that I have quite a few favorite brands like Forgeline, 360Forged, ANRKY, HRE, PUR, Strasse, Lite Speed, etc; however, I can get you any wheel you want! We offer wheels only or complete wheel and tire packages. Why should you want to consider a complete wheel/tire package? I always try to operate by removing steps and keeping it as simple as possible because with 4 businesses, 6 dogs, a lovely verrry supportive wife (tolerating all of my toys LOL), a sweet little 4yo and 2yo terror; my life is too busy as it is. So, why would you want to deal with hauling around wheels and trusting a tech making $15-20 bucks an hour at a tire store to mount your several thousand dollar forged wheels? Very few places have the touchless tire mounters like we have. One mistake and the lip is messed up, or the face is scuffed from not having fresh gaskets on the balancer cup. I always cringed (and have paid the price in the past) watching tires get mounted on custom wheels which is why I spent $15k on a Corghi, the same touchless tire mounting machine that Forgeline has (thanks for the recommendation Steve) as well as on the floor of nearly every major exotic car manufacturer and the Hunter Road Force Balancer! When you have the wheel manufacturer put the tires on, you remove that trip taking your new wheels somewhere to get tires mounted and either hauling them back or hauling the OEM wheels/tires back. You simply receive and inspect them at your house (before signing for them) and you can bolt them on in your driveway ready to roll! If the manufacturer happens to make the mistake, the wheels are there in their possession to refinish and mount to get to you. In addition, you get the tire setup you need as well, not what that specific tire store has.

NOW, here comes the big question - why should you buy wheels from me? Simple! Anyone can just chop money off of an MSRP and brag about saving you $X amount of money, but my focus is on your overall experience, from start to finish making sure you know ALL of your available options and you get exactly what you need for your intended usage. I'm an engineer by degree and spec my own offsets unless you have your own, or we can defer to the manufacturers' offsets whom I have a phenomenal relationships with, which always helps get you what you want, when you want it. But, most importantly, I have the firsthand experience because I've tested out these fitments on my own cars, so I know what works and what doesn't. My goal is to make sure you end up with what you need, not what someone was trying to sell you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to try to steer you towards something else, if you're an "I know exactly what I want/need kind of guy" and this isn't your first rodeo, then great, but unless you spend your life around this, odds are I can show you something you might not have seen yet!

The WEAPON-X Wheel Experience:

You need to be asked all of the right questions to ensure you get not just the style you're after, but also the size, finish, tires and fitment!

1. Wheel Style: I find out what wheels you like so I can make some other suggestions based on that style that you MIGHT like (so you don't end up with buyers remorse two months later), and if we end up back where we started, that's just fine. I frequently find that guys who reach out to me for wheels end up thanking me later for showing them a couple of other models they ended up liking even more.
Example: Juan's C7 ZR1 below on Forgeline EX1s! He was originally inquiring about one of their older designs and when I showed him this newer release, he was all over it and ecstatic for the recommendation!

2. Buyer's Needs: Next, we will discuss your order of importance, so you need to prioritize:
a - Looks
b - Performance/Weight
c - Cost
Example: For me, my street wheels go in this exact order. My race wheels would be Performance/Weight, Cost, and Styling. Everyone is different obviously, so you tell me how to help!

3. Intended Use: What do you plan to use these wheels for?
a - Street - summer only or year round?
b - Street/Occasional Track
c - Street/Occasional Drag/Roll Racing
d - Dedicated Track Racing
e - Dedicated Drag Racing
Example: Since I have a few sets of wheels, I focus on a, d, or e. But guys who don't want to keep swapping wheels or spend too much money, might be looking more closely at b or c.

4. Tires: Tires dictate wheel widths! This is one of the most overlooked questions, because this will dictate quite a few things, but mostly the width you should be running. If you "think" you want a 12" wide wheel, but the tire choice you're after is only a 305, you're going to end up with a stretched look if it is in spec, or buying new tires if it's not in spec. This is why we offer complete bolt on packages as well. You get the wheels, with tires mounted so you don't have to worry about them getting scratched during mounting, and you get the correct TPMS inside so you're not driving around with a light on your dash and that feeling in your stomach you're going to have to do it all over again since they put the wrong frequency in there.
Example: Some tires are summer only and maybe you drive year round and should be looking at an all season? Or you are doing a larger 21" wheel, there are very few options wider than a 325 unless you do the Pirelli 355 Lambo tire, which is 28" tall.

5. Recommended Sizes: A lot of the factors from #s 2-4 come into play herewith this, because you might LIKE the look of stock sized wheels; however, if you're racing, you need smaller diameter wheels, not just for performance, but also things the novice might not consider such as replacement tire costs, which are cheaper for smaller diameter wheels, even in racing tires. So, I will discuss the benefits of recommended:
a - Diameters - intended use vs. aesthetics
b - Widths - narrower up front for drag, wider up front for track, user call for street unless there will be some crossover
c - Offsets - if not racing, are you a stock offset kind of guy, a flush face kind of guy, or a max offset/max concavity kind of guy? Personally, I strive to have the top of the tire flush with the fender lip above it AFTER proper alignment! Stock wheels are often sunken in 6-8mm.
Example: Not to bring up Juan's ZR1 again, but he got a set of ADV1s for his previous Z06 from a popular wheel dealer around here who didn't cater to his needs, just did their typical offsets. What he got were wheels that stuck out of the wheel well and while he loved the style of wheel, he was NOT happy with the fitment at all and constantly complained of the rock chips thrown up the side of his Z, which was worse than they're notoriously known for from stock. It turned him off so much, that he wanted the stock ZR1 offsets (which were sunken in) due to his fears of being too aggressive. I took a couple dozen different pics of the offsets of my Forgeline VX1Rs on my ZR1 and had to reconvince him to trust me and do a few mm further out to flush the faces properly, because that's the look he wanted and ultimately exactly what I delivered!

From here, you will get my best quote up front and I will keep you abreast along the way until your wheels are on the way!

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 10-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
WEAPON-X

Mike M's ZL1-1LE on Forgeline GS1Rs

Mike M. has been a client of ours for a few years now, starting out with his C7 Z06, then a Porsche Turbo S, and now he's also added a ZL1 1LE for track duy till his GT3RS comes in. He loves his Forgelines and we do too! He chose to do the GA1R open lugs with comp caps in transparent smoke in OEM sizes for the OEM tires. These wheels are super light and strong, weighing in under 20lbs per corner!

It turned out killer! Any of you want the a set of wheels, give me a shout. We are a master dealer for them all and our pricing is unparalleled

Forgeline GS1R
19x11, 19x12
Offsets: Forgeline Spec

Old 10-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
WEAPON-X

Juan C's C7 ZR1 - Forgeline EX1s

First up is Juan's C7 ZR1 with Forgeline EX1s!
Size: 19x10.5", 20x12"
Finish: Transparent Gold
OffsetsOffsEAPON-X Specs: WXM

Forgeline EX1 - best pricing and service at WEAPON-X Motorsports

Forgeline EX1 in Transparent Gold, best pricing and service at WEAPON-X Motorsports: https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...=4773028528155

Old 10-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
WEAPON-X

Forgeline Wheels - Made in the USA

The first manufacturer we'd like to introduce is Forgeline. They hardly need an introduction, but not only are they less than an hour from our facility, they're a top tier manufacturer, building everything in-house in Dayton, OH. Their designs are timeless and their quality is top notch. They've been working closely with some OEM manufacturer's and aftermarket race teams and companies like Pratt Miller for their GT4R Camaro builds. The last time we were there, there were about 10 pallets of raw wheels on the ground headed to a Ferrari race team. Their engagement in the motorsports industry and commitment to quality really impresses us. And to top it off, one of the owner's has a Corvette Z06! We've worked very closely with these guys for years on my own personal cars. We spec'ed out the first set of 18" drag wheels on my C7 back in early 2014 as a matter of fact and to date have helped hundreds of clients into their wheels!

Checkout their monoblock lineup, concave, competition, and new AL series!

MONOBLOCKS:

VX1 EX1 ZH1 MT1
VX1R DR1 GE1 AR1
GT1 GTD1 5-Lug Open GT1 5-Lug GA1R
CV1 CF1 SC1 SE1
RB1 GA1R Open Lug Cap CF1 Open Lug Cap VX1-6
VX1-Truck GA1R-CL

AL SERIES:

AL300 AL301 AL303 AL304
AL305

CONCAVE SERIES:

CV3C Concave GA3C Concave RB3C Concave VX3C Concave
DE3C Concave CF3C Concave SC3C Concave GT3C Concave
MS3C Concave ML3C Concave FF3C Concave FF3C Open Lug
Dropkick CV3C-Truck

CONCAVE STEP LIP:

GA3C-SL Stepped Lip RB3C-SL Stepped Lip VX3C-SL Stepped Lip
DE3C-SL Stepped Lip CF3C-SL Stepped Lip SC3C-SL Stepped Lip

PERFORMANCE SERIES:

GA3 DS3 GW3 GZ3
GF3 GF3 Open Lug GX3 Open Lug GX3
ZX3 WC3 SO3 GA3-6

COMPETITION SERIES:

GE1R GA1R Open Lug VX1R GS1R
GTD1 GTD1-Viper GTD1 5-Lug Open GA3R Open Lug
GA3R GZ3R GW3R GA3R-6
Old 10-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
WEAPON-X

Nick S' - Forgeline VX1s

Nick reached out to me a couple years ago with his new Camaro SS and he had tuned it up with Janetty and wanted some custom wheels to go with his 700whp! Forgeline had just released their new VX1s and he did black ice (a personal favorite of mine since it looks black in most lights, but has a rich sheen to it when the light catches it!). I loved the way it turned out!!

Forgeline VX1
20x10, 20x11
Black Ice finish

Old 10-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Some really nice looking wheels. Glad I'm not looking to get any. It'd be tough to choose which ones.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Some really nice looking wheels. Glad I'm not looking to get any. It'd be tough to choose which ones.
thanks Chris! that's why I go through wheels a lot. I can offer them less than most due to volume and forged wheels retain their value more, esp when someone doesn't want to wait 4-6 weeks! if you ever need anything let me know!
Old 10-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #8
WEAPON-X

Brad's C7 Z06 - Forgeline DE3C-SL

Forgeline DE3C-SL
20x10 and 21x12.5"
Pirelli 285/375s
Offsets: WEAPON-X Spec

These 20/21s look right at home!**Not too late to wash away your imminent Monday "blues" with a set of custom wheels from a fellow Corvette guy with the best prices and service :thumbs:

​​​​​​​

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 10-15-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #9
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Forgelines are great wheels. Just too rich for my wallet! :(
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #10
WEAPON-X

Aaron C's C7 Z06 - PUR LX11

PUR LX11
Wheel sizes: 20x10, 21x12.5
Offsets: WEAPON-X Specs
Tires: Pirelli 295/25r20 and 375/20r21

Aaron came to me looking for a set of unique wheels for his Z06 Z07 a couple of months ago. He wanted to do something not all black and have some color matching in it without going overboard. He decided he wanted to do the Gloss Black Diamond center which I did on my old set of PUR wheels. It's a very cool smoke look that matches the look of carbon fiber very closely. The lips we went with polished and had them ceramic clear coated to keep the maintenance down and he chose exposed hardware with the Laguna Blue color match.

What do you guys think?? That rear dish is pretty wicked :thumbs:

As always for the best pricing and experience on the C7s, just give me a shout. It's always a pleasure working with you guys.

Look at that rear depth!

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 10-16-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
WEAPON-X

Ron R's C7 Z06 - WEAPON-X Forged MESHx7s in Carbon Fiber :)

C7 Z06
Wheels:
WEAPON-X: MESHx7.C3 three piece wheels
Finish - carbon fiber centers, lips, black inners
Wheels: 20x10", 21x12.5"
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Nero 285/25r20 and 375/20r21s

A lot of other carbon fiber parts coming too including the WXM carbon fiber diffuser and APR carbon vent and spoiler package

Some pics from the nursery

Old 10-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #12
WEAPON-X

WEAPON-X Dragster Kit on Josh N's C7 Corvette! Forgeline GA3Rs

Now I'll preface this with you Camaro guys have more luck with sizes because cheaper wheels like Welds won't clear the C7 rear suspension, even in 18s, so they have to look at a forged wheel barrel. Even the front of the ZL1 required a 20" wheel due to the massive brakes until recently. But if you want a drag setup that is light weight and custom, Forgeline rocks! My C7 ZR1 wheels in an 18x8.5 with Hankook and 18x12.5 with Hoosiers, weigh just 40 and 46lbs COMPLETE respectively!

C7 Corvette Stingray
Wheels: Forgeline GA3R
Sizes: 18x6, 18x11
Offsets: WEAPON-X Spec
Tires: Mickey Thompson Sportsman fronts, ET Street SS 305 rears

Josh reached out to me wanting to HOOK on the street. He doesn't have any problems now!

"Hey Ben, I got my wheels today and man they hook up like crazy!!!"

Old 10-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #13
WEAPON-X

Richard L's C7 Z06 on Forgeline GA1Rs

C7 Z06 Z07
Forgeline GA1Rs

Richard brought his C7 Z06 Z07 to us to get some mods before heading south to FL. These pics were from our display at Cavalcade 2017.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #14
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Seems like, based on my own personal pains/research, if someone could come up with some reasonably priced square setup options with all season tires for the SS 1LE, that they would make a killing. No tire company currently makes the same AS tire model in the OEM sizes. Finding an AS tire equipped square setup (other than OEM SS wheels) that would clear the brakes, not rub the wheel wells, and wouldn't affect the speedometer too much, sure would be nice.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, concave, custom, forged, wheel