Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2018, 06:05 AM   #113
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
.... I have no problem. My seat is set low, and slightly ahead of the stop and the rear back reclines at about the 70 degrees mentioned here. I am 6’2, 230, normal waist to head proportions.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:50 PM   #114
cab33

Drives: Viper
What is it that needs to be drilled out?

I'll some DIY pics along the way, just need to know which area is the issue.
The top of the seat is to the left in the picture(1LE seats).

Attached Images

cab33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #115
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
The reason why the 6th gen seats don't recline fully like the fifth gen is because the 6th gen now shares the same seat motors as the corvettes. The corvette motors are designed to stop before touching the back panel. I assume Chevy decided to share the same motor as a cost savings.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #116
antny

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The reason why the 6th gen seats don't recline fully like the fifth gen is because the 6th gen now shares the same seat motors as the corvettes. The corvette motors are designed to stop before touching the back panel. I assume Chevy decided to share the same motor as a cost savings.

That makes perfect sense. Never thought of that was the reason but makes a lot of sense why
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #117
Tuggz
TUGGZ

Drives: 2016 black convertible RS
reclining seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbauerz28 View Post
I removed the stop on my drivers seat over the weekend. It didn't take long at all. For the plastic piece on the side of the seat there's a torx screw in the back and a Phillips in the front. Then you just unzip the seat back material to expose the seat recline limit pin. I used a carbide cutter to grind away the spot welds that hold the pin in. I agree, there is also a stop on the other side of the seat. I was able to work past it and make the seat recline with alittle effort. I think when I do the pass seat I will remove the seat so I can get to both stops.
did you have to remove the seat i order to get to the stops?
Tuggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #118
JoyRider7

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Bringing up an old thread I know but this is incorrect. I had a C7 Grand Sport and the only thing that stops the seat from reclining back into the panel behind it is a small sensor that is attached to the back panel. All you have to do is disconnect a little plug to turn off that sensor then the seat will recline and smash as hard as you want against the back panel. It's a well known C7 mod for us taller folks. Also I saw some people mentioned a ZL1 will recline all the way back. My 19 ZL1 doesn't recline all the way and you can tell it's hitting some type of stopper. It's not too bad with the seat all the way down but I could use a little more recline.
JoyRider7 is offline   Reply With Quote