Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
#1. Best car you have ever owned? '87 Tempo, stick
#1b. List 5 things that made it great. cheap, reliable, good gas mileage, survived two kids learning to drive.

#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like. Cheap, automatic seat belts.

#2. Your Current favoured Car 06 Mustang

#2b. List 5 good things about it.Fast, great reliability, paid for.

#2c. List 5 things wrong with it. Not fast enough, hard plastic center console, starting to get annoying little buzzes and rattles.

#2d. Name 2 cars you would trade it for. Straight trade, money no object. ZL1, GT500

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today Tie between Prius and Smart for 2
#3b. Why do you hate it? Smug little self-righteous owners.

#3c. Name several good things about it. They make good wheel chocks for a Hummer.

#4. Used car other than a GM, Ford or Mopar from 1990 to 2010 that you would and could buy (No Veyron unless you can pay cash)WRX, Mazda speed3

#5. Second favorite car company. Hyundai-showing other car companies the way forward.(See what we did with your design.)

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport NASCAR

#7. Probable Next new car purchase. More than likely a Mustang, but the Focus ST is calling me.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #30

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
This car was so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Love the responses so far.
I'm quite amazed that a car company on life support, Mazda has been name checked so often here. They are actually my favorite car company... Literally everything they make has an enthusiast fingerprint on it. And as far as I'm concerned the last generation RX-7 was stunning, especially sans any aero add ons. I've owned 3 Miata's, a 3, a MX-6, a Mercury Tracer, Mazda 5 and my current wintercar, a Mazda 3 all without any issues and all have been a blast to drive. I've also imported and sold some magnificent JDM models. I hope someone who respects the car culture there comes along to save the Company.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #31
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
#1. Best car you have ever owned? My 1998 Cobra, bought it brand new.
#1b. List 5 things that made it great. fun to modify, tons of aftermarket parts now, my first new car, 4.6DOHC sounds amazing. Still own it
#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like. kinda gutless down low when stock, cost of high performance parts($1000-$1500 for cams), handled like crap stock, only had T45 trans

#2. Your Current favoured Car 2012 Mustang GT
#2b. List 5 good things about it. Good bang for the buck for performance, love the available options(SYNC etc) pretty good mileage, rides nice for a sporty car, quick stock ran 12.72 with 800 miles on it
#2c. List 5 things wrong with it. good bang for the buck-still expensive, trans notchy when cold, not forged internals like Boss and Shelby, weight, skinny ass tires
#2d. Name 2 cars you would trade it for. Straight trade, money no object.
Ford GT, Porsche GT3 RS
#3. Car you hate most available for sale today-, HOnda Insight, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius
#3b. Why do you hate it? Yes they get better gas mileage, but the impact on the environment isnt any better when have to dispose of those huge battery packs etc and cost so much more than cars that get a couple less mpg's(golf TDI, civic etc)
#3c. Name several good things about it.
Still get good gas mileage, bc of their good mileage allow the continuation of the Camaro, Mustang Challenger etc
#4. Used car other than a GM, Ford or Mopar from 1990 to 2010 that you would and could buy (No Veyron unless you can pay cash)
E92 M3, 911 Turbo
#5. Second favorite car company.
Cheverolet/BMW
#6. Favorite form of Motorsport
All-need to support them all to keep the enthusiast hobby alive and thriving
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #32
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
#1. Best car you have ever owned?99' Jeep Wranger
#1b. List 5 things that made it great.3"suspension lift, 1" body, 35'inch tires, Dark Green with Black hardtop / accents, Unstoppable off road, with all doors and top off, two words "Chick Magnet"
#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like. SLOOOOW, 5th gear usless on the highway, a little scary driving when windy or above 75MPH, Even with Hardtop on, inpossible to hear anything other then the road.. forget talking on the phone, or listening to the raido / CD player when driving.

#2. Your Current favoured Car 13 Mustang 5.0 GT Deep impact Blue
#2b. List 5 good things about it. That color is Amazing! The wife is a big Mustang Fan, 5.0! Hood vents are sweet, I need to test drive before I can make anymore assesments
#2c. List 5 things wrong with it. You gotta pay more for bigger breaks, I'm still going back and forth between the Mustang and a Camaro, not to fond of the interior, needs bigger stock tires and wheels.
#2d. Name 2 cars you would trade it for. Straight trade, money no object. Pantera, Origional GT40.

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today I try not to hate on cars... But I do hate on people... usually the pricks holding up traffic... they tend to drive Prius, and Subaru’s

#3b. Why do you hate it? See above
#3c. Name several good things about it. uhhhh....... I can't

#4. Used car other than a GM, Ford or Mopar from 1990 to 2010 that you would and could buy (No Veyron unless you can pay cash)
To be honest... if I liked somthing else over my current options... I'd buy it, or it would be in the running... That, being said, if I found a 300zx TT, in excallent condition & low miles for the right price, it would be a no brainer.

#5. Second favorite car company. I have no brand favoritism

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport Drag, and any type of road racing... excluding Indy and fomula 1... I like watching production based cars battle around a track...
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm new here.

#1. Best car you have ever owned?
1979 Z28

#1b. List 5 things that made it great.
1) first car
2) the sound of the four barrels kicking in
3) the kick to the right when you punched it (go positrac)
4) the handling
5) could hold 14 people if the police were about to show up

#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like.
1) having to work on it in sub freezing temperature in order to make it to school/work the next day
2) the rear window louvers(sp?) wouldn't stay on past 145mph
3) saggy doors
4) non-functional hood scoop
5) opening the hood (from the front of the car)

#2. Your Current favoured Car:
2012 camaro 2l2

#2b. List 5 good things about it.
1) the stereo
2) the handling
3) comes with dual exhaust
4) looks great from any angle
5) the power (for a v6 it ain't bad)

#2c. List 5 things wrong with it.
1) poor excuse for sun visors
2) blind spots
3) lfx aftermarket community not built up yet
4) plastic wheel rings
5) tap to shift doesn't let you specify when to upshift at wot

mercedes clk gtr, koenigsegg ccgt

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today
smart cars
#3b. Why do you hate it?
overpriced econo-car
#3c. Name several good things about it.
good gas mileage, and um .. i dunno

1996 toyota supra twin turbo

#5. Second favorite car company. I have favorite cars, not companies

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport: any where I get to participate
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post

#1. Best car you have ever owned? Ford GT

#1b. List 5 things that made it great. steering feel,handling,power,looks,collectibility

#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like. It was no faster than the Z06 I already had,which has since been remedied. The sense that every time I close the door I'm going to remove four inches off the top of my head. You need about four feet to open the door fully. The radio is terrible. There are no replacement tires for it other than the OEM Goodyears.

#2. Your Current favoured Car Same as above
#2b. List 5 good things about it.
#2c. List 5 things wrong with it.
#2d. Name 2 cars you would trade it for. Straight trade, money no object. Aventador,Zonda.

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today Nissan 370Z
#3b. Why do you hate it? Every kid around that has one thinks he has a race car.
#3c. Name several good things about it. handles well,reasonably priced,rev matching downshifts.

#4. Used car other than a GM, Ford or Mopar from 1990 to 2010 that you would and could buy (No Veyron unless you can pay cash) Any BMW M car or Merc AMG.

#5. Second favorite car company. BMW

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport F1
responses in red.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #35
samhardy2008

Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
#1. Best car you have ever owned? 2005 ford f150
#1b. List 5 things that made it great. very reliable,looked great, interior was simple but nice, exhaust i had on it sounded just awesome, was actually great for towing
#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like. gas mileage,no power windows or power locks, had a dent in the rear bumper from previous owner,had a 4 speed transmission,was 2wd and not 4wd

#2. Your Current favoured Car 2012 2ls camaro
#2b. List 5 good things about it. interior is great for a base vehicle, suprisingly fast for a v6 pony car, great gas mileage,looks sexy,gets me laid!! lol jk bout the last part but my fiance does love the car hahaha
#2c. List 5 things wrong with it. lacking the zl1 motor , not a big fan of the wheels, rear end gearing is just wrong and needs to be more aggressive,wish it was 300-400 pounds lighter
#2d. Name 2 cars you would trade it for. Straight trade, money no object. Corvette zr1, father inlaws 2011 supersnake

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today prius
#3b. Why do you hate it? think its just a ugly car
#3c. Name several good things about it. nothing ast all

#4. Used car other than a GM, Ford or Mopar from 1990 to 2010 that you would and could buy (No Veyron unless you can pay cash) turbo supra

#5. Second favorite car company. Ford

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport anything but nascar
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #36
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
#1. Best car you have ever owned?
2012 2SS CAMARO

#1b. List 5 things that made it great.
BEAUTIFUL, A GREAT LOOKING CAR
PLENTY OF POWER
QUALITY OVER MANY OTHER CARS IVE DRIVEN
GREAT INTERIOR
GOOD FUEL MILEAGE FOR A V8

#1c. List 5 things that you didn't like.
ITS HEAVY
ITS EXPENSIVE (but so is the competition)
CONSERVATIVE TUNE/INTAKE FROM FACTORY
LEATHER SEEMS LIKE IT WILL WEAR OUT QUICKLY (like all gm leather)

#2. Your Current favoured Car. see above

Dreaming = ferrari or AMG SLS
Realistically, there is nothing in the same range I would trade it for.
Out of the price range a little: ZL1, Z06, CTS-V

#3. Car you hate most available for sale today: Subarus
#3b. Why do you hate it?= All of them have God awful looks, just terrible, and their ad campaign saying they are revamping the car, etc, etc.
#3c. Name several good things about it. One or two models can handle, kinda fast

Used to like 2010 Infiniti G37 coupes
2008 Mercedes CLK maybe?

#5. Second favorite car company. Well Chevy is 1st, Cadillac 2nd. But outside of GM, I really like Mercedes, and I respect Nissan (but ownt admit to liking them yet)

#6. Favorite form of Motorsport. F1

If the first question was supposed to be for a car I dont currently own, then it would have been my 1998 Camaro. Loved that car, even though it had a lot of issues, having 260k miles lol.

Ive owned 4 cars, 3 of them Camaros, but ive driven tons since I was a detailer, and worked at NOLA motorsports park.
Ive gotten to drive a Nissan GT-R, ZR1 Vette, Bentley Con. GT, Rolls, Ferrari F430, Ferrari 599, Every mercedes model lol.

My thoughts:
GT-R= Amazing for the money, terrible exhaust note, why the backseat? Drove like shit under 10 mph
ZR1 = Just a beast, even compared to all the other cars listed, beastly. But still a chevy with sub 100k quality
Bentley = Quick, smooth, not a sports car, just a beast luxury car, but the nicest interior of all of them
Rolls= Tank, so many awesome little features, and a big V12, but a dog from all the weight
F430 = its an f430
599 = Amazing car! Just a dream to even look at, nicest engine comparment of any car ever, and of course its quick. Also terrible for city driving
Mercedes S65 = Gigantic, still quick
Mercedes SL65 = Heavy cause of the convertible hard top, handles great, solid car for any purpose

Mercedes SLS AMG = This car felt like a race car over all others, launching, handling, the looks, the ****pit, everything. I fell in love

Last edited by vroomapunk; 07-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote