Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Rocketsled

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Black A8 NPP Nav.
2018 Camaro 2SS Damaged at Dealership

Hi everyone. I took my 2018 Camaro 2SS to the local dealer for an oil change on Tuesday. It was raining so I took the car home and didn't drive it until the next morning. When I went out to start it up I noticed that the fender and the drivers door wasn't lining up properly. Upon further inspection I noticed that the fender and rocker panel on the drivers side were bent. I was like WTF? Went in and grabbed a mirror and inspected underneath both sides and it is all bent up underneath. (see pic) The car also pulls to the right at slower speeds and at highway speed it pulls to the left. Apparently they dropped the car on the lift or lifted it from the floor panels and dented in both sides. I took it back to the dealership and showed the damage to them. They acknowledged that the damage was done there and that they would fix it. I took the car to another Chevy dealer yesterday to get an estimate for the damage and they would only give me a "preliminary estimate". It was for $1410.00. They said there might be more damage once they get the fender off. My question is: What recourse do I have here? I don't really want a "repaired" car. Does anybody here have any experience with a situation like this??

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Huh? Did'nt the dealer say he would fix it?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
Do just what Glen e says, DON'T settle on what ANYBODY ELSE at the Dealership says, Go as high as You need to until YOU are HAPPY!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Huh? Did'nt the dealer say he would fix it?
Yes that's what they said but I didn't spend 50 grand for a "repaired" and "repainted" car that may or may not get fixed right. Plus they tried to hide the damage and did not disclose it to me to begin with. That makes the dealer completely untrustworthy.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
Yes that's what they said but I didn't spend 50 grand for a "repaired" and "repainted" car that may or may not get fixed right. Plus they tried to hide the damage and did not disclose it to me to begin with. That makes the dealer completely untrustworthy.
Not necessarily. Might be just the technician that is untrustworthy. Oil changes are not done by the A-team. It’s not unusual for the service writer to not see the car after the Tech is done with it. How were they when you brought it to their attention? Lots of apologies and pledges to make it right, or did you get just indifference?
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Call all local news stations and see if they’ll expose them. I’ve seen people get results that way. Leave bad reviews online everywhere. Call the owner 5000 times if you have to.
The sky’s the limit. If you live in a super rural area though, none of that will work.
Really sorry this happened to you.

I know you don’t want a repaired car, but if you can’t get a new car out of it (unlikely, but possible) then you’re either stuck with a repaired car or a busted up car. I’d take a repaired car any day...unless the frame is bent. Then your insurance co will help ya out.
Good luck
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
For clarification, I wasn’t being dramatic in my post. This is worst case scenario type stuff like if they don’t repair it enough or the damage is way worse than thought. Just wait until they completely assess the situation.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #8
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I am sure the tech will hear about it or be fired. They will repair the vehicle case closed move on they will do there best to make it right. That's not a hard repair. My 13 ZL1 had the same damage after an oil change. they fixed it. Got free oil changes for 2 years. and when my wife bought a car they were very good on the price so I won!!!
don't be a A-hole and I am sure the dealer owner will want to make it right.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
Larrio Andretti

Drives: Really Fast
Get a lawyer.
Larrio Andretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #10
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I am sure the tech will hear about it or be fired. They will repair the vehicle case closed move on they will do there best to make it right. That's not a hard repair. My 13 ZL1 had the same damage after an oil change. they fixed it. Got free oil changes for 2 years. and when my wife bought a car they were very good on the price so I won!!!
don't be a A-hole and I am sure the dealer owner will want to make it right.
Nothing lines up anymore on the car. The hood and trunk are even out of line. The fitment is bad all around now. I think they tweaked the whole freaking car!! Grrrr!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #11
Rocketsled

I am going to press for a full list price credit so I can replace the car with one exactly the same with no damage. They can fix it and sell it as certified and mitigate their damages that way. All I wanted was an oil change. None of it is my fault. Them damaging and trying to hide it is f'd up!! That borders on criminal behavior...lol.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #12
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Hope it turns out for you, but dealers.....I had botched tint on my Honda, and when I took it to get it fixed(it started bubbling months after I got it), they defended the tint person after they were over 2 hours late and didn't fix all the tint, just a few windows. One tire had curb rash and they accepted the tint persons excuse of "driving though a construction zone that was dusty". How do you stuff up ONE tire that way? this was after the dealer delayed it a few weeks because it wasn't warm enough, but it's funny because it was 40 degrees warmer than it was the first time they tinted the car.

Once I got home I reviewed my dash cam footage to see that on the way back the camera was hit three times until it fell off the windshield lost power. The camera was turned back on and placed on the windshield a block from the dealer.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #13
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Hope it turns out for you, but dealers.....I had botched tint on my Honda, and when I took it to get it fixed(it started bubbling months after I got it), they defended the tint person after they were over 2 hours late and didn't fix all the tint, just a few windows. One tire had curb rash and they accepted the tint persons excuse of "driving though a construction zone that was dusty". How do you stuff up ONE tire that way? this was after the dealer delayed it a few weeks because it wasn't warm enough, but it's funny because it was 40 degrees warmer than it was the first time they tinted the car.

Once I got home I reviewed my dash cam footage to see that on the way back the camera was hit three times until it fell off the windshield lost power. The camera was turned back on and placed on the windshield a block from the dealer.
You just can't have anything nice anymore, I swear!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #14
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Not necessarily. Might be just the technician that is untrustworthy. Oil changes are not done by the A-team. It’s not unusual for the service writer to not see the car after the Tech is done with it. How were they when you brought it to their attention? Lots of apologies and pledges to make it right, or did you get just indifference?
They were pretty apologetic about it. I doubt the service manager didn't know about it though. The car was in service for over 2 hours. No self respecting service manager would allow a lift to be occupied that long for just an oil change. They all knew about it when it happened, I'm sure.

Last edited by Rocketsled; 05-26-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote