Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #127
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
To the aluminum discussion-
There were 2 specials recently on the Smithsonian Channel where they covered the mfr of the gen 6 Camaro; first aired in 2016. Total of 90 minutes, pretty informative.
They remarked where they had to use rivets, and bond (with adhesive) the steel-aluminum members together instead of welding, like most of the top half of the car. The top main body appeared to be all steel, but the aluminum was down below this.
During my first oil change, we were underneath the car, where we got a good look-see. Seems the mechanic and I saw lots of AL under there. (just sayin')
Next time, I'm gonna bring a magnet. I'm sort of curious to find out what that main pan really is.
Supposedly, there was significant weight savings in using the AL parts.... the primary reason for it.
The car's body in white is high strength steel except for the support for the dash. The hood is the only sheet metal that is aluminum. Get your magnet and watch is stick. As said before. There are motor and suspension components along with motor and suspension supports that are Aluminum.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #128
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Yes, but what I saw them bonding, was down on the bottom pan.
I'm very curious, will definitely have a magnet the next time.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #129
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post

I never pressed for an answer on how it happened. I figured trashing on them and harping on the incident wasn't the way to get anything done. I understand that shit happens and they do to. It could have been a lot worse. I bet the homey that did it won't let it happen again...lol.
For all the crap and lack of support that a lot of folks seem to experience with dealerships. It's great to know that some are still out there standing by their work and product. Congrats!!!
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #130
Rocketsled

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Black A8 NPP Nav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
For all the crap and lack of support that a lot of folks seem to experience with dealerships. It's great to know that some are still out there standing by their work and product. Congrats!!!
Yes it is! Thank you!!!
Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #131
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Bogus....too good to be true.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #132
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
The part where the stealer showed their true colors initially, makes me think, it's true
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote